Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

What boots do you use for your mando?

• 19 Replies
What boots do you use for your mando?
« on: Jan 08, 2014, 08:47 AM »
I'm struggling to find suitably plain and laceless boots for my first kit so I was wondering what everyone else used?
Some links would be fantastic too. ;)

Thanks. :)

klown5ive

• Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya?
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member
Re: What boots do you use for your mando?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2014, 09:35 AM »
I personally use Jedi boots. I know a few others do also. Just go to amazon and look them up, you can find them for around 30 to 50 usually. Price fluctuations.

Northern Blue Moon
Goes Full Tassel
Force hunter number five. Coincidence? Or not?

Prudii A'den

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2014, 01:28 PM »
Engineer boots also work very well.

Mando WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=69717.0

Si vis pacem, para bellum  (Latin - If you want peace, prepare for war)

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2014, 02:19 PM »
I use tanker boots, at the moment.

Looking to upgrade to Chelsea boots, though...

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2014, 02:48 PM »
I use standard combat boots or doc marten's type things, then I wear leather spats over them to cover the laces.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Tal'Falco

• My Client, My Target..Neither live long
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2014, 02:52 PM »
Tanker boots

Rest In Peace Remo Jadd..

Miss Troll Tuesday? Follow the link http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70820.0
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2014, 02:57 PM »
Dealer (chelsea) boots for me

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2014, 03:11 PM »
I use the Man O War Fett boots  ;D not the cheapest but they are awesome ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2014, 03:39 PM »
70's vintage motorcycle boots here. They had this great steel plate on the front and lots of buckles. Honestly can not remember what they were bought for, but they made nice Mando boots. Planning to add some 360 degree armor plates to the back and sides beneath the straps at some point for a more "beefy" look  :P

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Goram Korr

« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2014, 05:21 PM »
Mine are a pair of leather laceless boots with a zipper on the side that I got from a DSW for an awesome price. Extremely comfortable and as far as Ive seen so far pretty much waterproof.

Merc #706
VRCA #22
BMC OM #8
Most of BMC is over achievers. I only go quarter tassel at most.

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2014, 01:47 PM »
I use these for my Jedi costume, and I'm going to use them for my Mando, too.

They're some calf-high, faux-buckle boots with the zipper up the in-seam (so no laces).  They took some time to break in, but they're fairly comfortable to wear around.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Tal Skirata

• Never tell me the odds
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2014, 06:47 PM »
I use my steel toe cap builders boot's I will need to cover the laces with armour plates though

You can't choose your destiny, you can only fulfil it or fail it

Tal's wip
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62634.0

VRCA #33
RAM #17
QMU #01

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2014, 07:43 PM »
Also using MoW fett boots.

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2014, 08:16 PM »
I used these, dirt cheap and more than do the job to boot (pun intended  :D ) I imagine you could find similar

Before:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006ZIZL6Y/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After:

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2014, 09:04 PM »
Good call Tips! And with that steel toe in there if anyone decides to get mouthy with you then you can give them some free mandalorian dental work  8)

« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2014, 02:08 AM »
Kandosii! Thanks a lot ner vode! :)

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2014, 10:10 AM »
Good call Tips! And with that steel toe in there if anyone decides to get mouthy with you then you can give them some free mandalorian dental work  8)

Or you could put it up their rear end and call it Mandalorian proctology.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

D'eks Targh

• Seemed like a good idea at the time...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Boba and Jango Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2014, 11:21 AM »
I'm currently working with a pair of timberland earthkeepers.

They are laceless but not high top, the shin guard needs an extra way of being secured to my leg. But the style of the shoe kinda just lends itself to being covered in armor.

erienc

• Armor up and let's have fun
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2014, 04:12 PM »
I use thigh high lether wedges ... but the might just be me :)

jinstarkiller

• AKA JIn Kal
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2014, 06:48 PM »
I use a pair of motorcycle boots

Why do we Mandalorians fight?

To bring honor to our culture and preserve the old ways of the Mando'ad. Be it fighting our own, the Empire, or the Republic.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!