Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The last big component for my v0.5 build

• 5 Replies

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
The last big component for my v0.5 build
« on: Jan 22, 2014, 05:17 AM »
I mean, I still have weapons and soft goods, and left-gauntlet stuff is giving me nosebleeds, but...

Thanks to Fierfek, for the awesome quality and hard work he puts into his 3D models, and even more for making them available to others. I opted for the pep version, so as to be able to join together as many discrete pieces as I could, as scoring and bending is sturdier than gluing.

Later on, I'll be making a stupidly over-engineered version of this for GAR costume purposes, but for now, reinforced 3mm sintra is what I'm going with.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Peregrinus

Re: The last big component for my v0.5 build
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2014, 05:17 AM »
The main box, two pieces:

...inset pieces, which will be 1mm sintra:

...and the pep pieces for the indents, which I'm going to use after the notches are cut out to draw in where the insets need to be:

Next is the frame/side braces puzzle. I managed to whittle the twenty-one pepakura pieces down to three:

Now the part that sucks -- I have to wait 'til Thursday to pick up a fresh quarter-sheet of 3mm sintra. :rolleyes:

--Jonah

MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2014, 04:40 PM »
That looks tedious haha. You're a more patient man that I am. Looking forward to your progress.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Peregrinus

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:57 AM »
*heh* Click through the other links in my sig area below. I seem to find tedious to be meditative, based on the sorts of things I've been willing to tackle. ;)

So I ended up having a busy weekend. I have my new batch of 3mm here and I've been impatient to get to work on it. Gonna do the rough cut tomorrow. Can't wait. ;D

--Jonah

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2014, 09:57 PM by Peregrinus » Logged
MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Peregrinus

« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2014, 04:17 AM »
A lot of prep work and me covered in sintra dust later, here's some of the progress on the main box:

...and the seams reinforced on the inside:

Tomorrow I hope to have pictures of the main box further along and the frame and side braces about to this point.

I also have a beginning on the bottom cylinder. The plumbing aisle yielded bits that are pretty much dead on to the diameter of the bottom cylinder from the pep file. *happy dance* Some prelims:

More on that this week, too.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2014, 02:17 PM »
Clone backpack nice. Looking great so far keep it up.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!