Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bleach Dye Cotton/Poly Flight Suit

• 0 Replies

Dynas

• "You can run,but you'll only die tired." Boba Fett
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Bleach Dye Cotton/Poly Flight Suit
« on: Jan 29, 2014, 09:04 PM »
I have a black Rothco flight suit that i am looking to bleach/dye to a medium gray.  Like the color of this forums background page.

The suit is 55/45 cotton / polyester blend.  Does anyone have any experience and/or pictures of bleaching black flight suits and how it comes out. Also would be interested if anyone had any experience in dyeing them gray.

Lastly, I also have a duck cloth black vest that im looking to bleach and then dye gray. Would this fabric difference have a different reaction to the bleach.

My concern is that black bleached turns brown. If bleached multiple times would this fade closer to white. Or if I dye from the brown to gray what colors would be best?

I have RIT dye now, if that doesnt work ill try the dharma dyes.

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Career Invasions: 13

OM #874     M.A.N.T.A.     M.A.B.E.L #44

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!