Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Early Crusader - Ne'tra Cuyan W.I.P. (very pic heavy)

• 87 Replies

Ne'tra Cuyan

• Iba'ijaat cuyi bic ne'dralshy'a rohaka.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
So after a long time I decided it could be usefull to make a work in progress again.
In the beginning I wanted to make a Taung Warrior from the time, when they battled the Zhell on Coruscant, but meanwhile I came to the realization, that this would technically be no mandalorian, therefore not approvable.
So I moved on to making an early crusader, but I still wanted it to be really early, right from the time, when mandalorians thought that close combat was the only way to gain honor on the battlefield, so my weapons are sword, shield and spear. That is pretty much the backstory behind this built.

Here some more info:
Unlike most other people who make an early I have no boneplates in my kit, because when I started I hadn't the confidence that I can make something like they did, so I stayed at what I can; metal. Now the majority of the armor is finished, so it would look weird to make the remaining parts bonelike, because that would be only the shnees...

Now finally some pictures! ;D (Even if most of the kit is nearly done I start from the very beginning so you see what I did and how:

These are the Templates for the chest I made myself by modifying three different sizes of WOF templates.

Here is the right chest plate already cut out and assembled, but not yet dished.

Here are both of the chest pieces in dished state.

Then the shield, originally this was this thing you have on your roof to recieve TV signals, unfortunately I don't know the right english word :/

These are the cod pieces, they make a hell of noice while walking :D

The harness, now wearable. The diamond was removed again, after Seugtai told me it is only acceptable for modern era.

Now a short break of the building pictures for picturs of the first troop in this kit, because I made some heavy alterations after it:

The spear on the last one is not mine, but borrowed by a roman ;)

Mine was not finished at this point, like many other things, that is the reason why I made so many changes after the first...and of course to improve the things, which appeared to be imperfect.
As you see instead of a helmet I use a mask and cowl like the early Mand'alore.

And here some more pictures from the workshop:

Here are harness and a improved pair of shoulders.

The left shoulder from another angle, later you will see another picture from the same angle, but in the recent state.

Right shoulder, here counts the same as above, later nearly same picture, but how it looks now.

The mask, bent and dished a bit more, because on the first troop it was a bit flat.

Here picture of me wearing the armor, now with warpaint on it, had no real inspiration for it, just random lines, except the color, which was inspired by the band Turisas... I guess this is the first kit which has inspiration by a band ;D

From another angle.

The spearhead, material is worbla, a thermoplastic material.

Now painted, with a hammered-look paint.

The tropy lace, which hangs from the spearhead.

And the following pictures are how it looks after blackwashing and weathering with an axe ;D

Not much to see on photo from this point, but if you zoom in...

...you see a piece of armor, which tells from dozens of battles.

Here the announced picture of the left shoulder, one spike broke accidently, but I left it that way, because it looked cool. Another one fell of while weathering, just have to glue it on again. Btw, it was not intended to have the same angle, seems that it just is perfect for showing the shoulder :D

The other shoulder.

The backplate, it was somekind of bowl I got from Ikea :D

Here you see the mask from the near, removed the visor to avoid stains on it.

From the side, normally there are hoses attached to the mask, but they got also removed for weathering.

Thighs and cods again, you see, they are weathered pretty heavily!

The butt-plate, got weathered so damn hard I even hacked a small slit in it, you can spot it slightly right from the tip on the lower end.

Yeah this are all the pictures I have for now.
I also made a neckseal, but I have no pictures of it yet.

These are the things which are still to come:
- shnees, thought about making them bony, but as said above, they would not suit the rest
- a darkbrown overall, I'll sew it by myself for two reasons, first to have it exactly like I want it and second, because there 
   are no damn darkbrown flightsuits out there >_<
- a sword
- a bloodred writing on the cape, saying "Let there be war! in mando letters of course ;)
- maybe a leather bracer for the right lower arm, either with an engraved crusader sign on it, or a crusader sign from metal
  put on it.

This is all I have to say for now, tell me what you think about it, I'm open to improvement-suggestions, critics and whatever you have to say :)

« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2014, 06:25 PM by Ne'tra Cuyan » Logged
M.V.S. #35   P.M.S. #18   Q.M.U. #41
Re: The earliest Crusader - Ne'tra Cuyan W.I.P. (very pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2014, 03:27 PM »
I dig the axe marks! I would do a black wash over the plates to get some grim settled into the scars and scratches. It will not only make the damage pop, but the kit will look that much more battle worn.

Ne'tra Cuyan

« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2014, 04:56 PM »
Thanks! :)
Actually it is already blackwashed, but maybe it is the light on the pictures that weakens the effect, I'll make some in a better daylight this weekend, if it comes out better, allright, if not, I'll do a second coat of blackwashing :D

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2014, 06:21 PM »
Great to have you Here Ne'tra. Keep up the Good Work. We're Waiting for You at Jai'Galaar. ;)
We really Need to get One of the AppTeam to comment your Build.

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:29 PM »
Thanks! :)
Actually it is already blackwashed, but maybe it is the light on the pictures that weakens the effect, I'll make some in a better daylight this weekend, if it comes out better, allright, if not, I'll do a second coat of blackwashing :D

You can actually take some black or brown acrylic paint on a paper towel and wipe it over the axe marks and then wipe over it with a clean towel so that some of it settles into the cracks and is cleaner outside of it.

I don't generally work with metals, so I don't know if there's a tinting agent for metals that would work better than acrylic paints. But the same process would apply.

Ne'tra Cuyan

« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:33 PM »
That is exactly what I've done! ;D

But I guess some of the axemarks are simply not deep enough to hold the paint in them, maybe I'll make em deeper next time I'll work on the armor.

Talev

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:57 PM »
Yaaay WIP!
Getting OM hand in hand.

Considering how much time and effort you already put in this, I feel bad to point out so many things  :-\.

My thoughts:
  • Mask/head area: I can't help it, but I feel the mask is too long and a bit egg-shaped. It gives the whole kit an odd elongated effect. You're slim at the waist, a bit broader around the shoulder, because of the asymmetric shoulder pads, but the mask is very long-ish and broad on top of the head. The back part of the head looks empty and though I know that these masks simply are like that, they never appealed to me personally just for exactly this reason. You've got a very alienating front and a "sort of humanoid" look in the  back.
  • Free space: You said so yourself already, but I thought to point it out again: A sash will do great things for this. The lower belly/upper leg part looks very empty. Same goes for the lower arm area - even though you've got the armwraps. You said you're getting shnees, to I leave the legs out for the moment.
  • Gloves: They're the only black thing in this. Maybe brown ones would be a good idea to not make them stand out so much.
  • Armwraps: They look very soft and more like bandages than protecting armwraps. I think leather stripes would help to create a more "antique" and sturdy feeling.
  • Pouch: Doesn't really fit in there (for me), because it's a tad bit modern. Maybe use a makeshift leather pouch in a more asymetric shape?
  • Feet: Even though you're getting shnees, legwraps could be a good idea to hide the passage between overall and shoes.
  • Overall: I can see some zippers popping out on the side of the plates :P
  • Leather straps: The straps on top of the shoulder armour look very new and shiny (thinking of the weathering you did on the armour itself). Maybe take a go at those, too?
  • Thorns: For me, they look a bit out of place because they're just attached somehow. It doesn't look organic (what I consider a major part of the early kits).
  • Cape: The "knot" around the neck looks like a deathtrap waiting to snap ;). It's all crumbled up in the neck area. I would get rid of the fibula (personal taste, they're too much connected to real life history for me) and maybe add some shoulder snaps to give the cape a more "roman" feeling (falling down from both shoulders). Doing so, you don't have the "crowded area" around the neck.
  • Back plate: The round shape.. I still see a bowl or serving plate in it and it leaves such a huuuge area of the back unprotected o.o. On the other hand it does look like a battleground improvisation just because of this.
  • Cleanliness: Overall the soft parts look very, very clean and fresh (and modern) to me. Don't know if you've already got something planned there, but I would consider to weather it.

And there's the problem I see with aluminium (for this type of armour): It just never looks as old and rustic as other metals probably would because it doesn't get stained by rust over time and always somehow is very shiny. I got nothing against shiny, but with an early kit (for me, comparing to the others) it's a bit at odds. Early crusader, for me, are more "organic" and in some places, the plates look a bit like crumbled aluminium foil.
[/list]

I know it is a lot, but I hope it's helpful.

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:27 PM »
Oya Vod!

This kit is really great! 

Talev had some great points. 

My input:

SASH.  I know he mentioned it; but it will REALLY help.

"UNDER" Armor.  Maybe to add an extra layer of depth to the whole kit, place the hammered plates over a good fitting set of something that looks like boiled or studded leather armor.  You could also use this to do some vambraces that would really help with the look of your forearms.

Everything else looks great! 

I'll be following this.

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Ne'tra Cuyan

« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2014, 09:18 PM »
WOW that is much!

Okay, one by one!

- The Mask: As you said, these mask are just looking like this, if you look at some of the early Mandalores you see the
   mask form is often to be seen with this headform
- Free space: Sash will come ;) And for the lower arms, there will be most likely a leather brace which covers a part of the
   right lower arm, for the left one, maybe I'll do something, don't know yet, it will be covered by the shield most of the
   time anyways, so having the already shield-guarded arm not so armored makes sense, I think.
- Gloves: Yeah, the black really stand out, brown ones would also stand out a bit, because of the armwraps in beige, but
   would fit into the colorpattern, so yes, brown gloves shall it be! :)
- Armwraps: Hm, leather strips could add some depth I think, goes straight to the "Sounds-good-will-try-this"-list :D
- Pouches: Only an archeologist could think about medievalish larp pouches as "too modern looking" ;D I'll upload a pic,
   where you can see it form a bit more near, maybe the won't look so modern then. ;)
- Feet: I'm actually thinking about making the overall so long, that it goes into the shoes and the shnees in a way they
   do not show the passage, but if I don't achieve what I think I'll use your suggestion!
- Overall: It seems to be like people like to ignore the fact, that this was just a placeholder overall :P
- Leather straps: A point, which I also noticed as a flaw, I have to try how good I can weather fake leather, but I'll do my
   best at this.
- Thorns: This depends on how you see them, for me they were things the warrior ripped from enemies and decorated his
   armor with. But one can also see them as a kind of natural grown, spikes. Applying thorns to metal makes it hard to
   make it look organically grown , so I went for the first option, because an EC completely wihout them would be strange...
- Cape: I like how we both often think the same, Talev ;D As I attached a piece of scrap metal to stop the right shoulder
    from sliding back, I got the idea to do this on both sides and attach the cape with hooks or something to these
    "shoulder-bell-holders". I myself didn't liked how the cape is so stuffed around the neck and covering half of the
    harness. So thanks, for saying this and assure me it is a good idea to romanize the cape :)
- Backplate: One of the mainfunctions of the backplate is to hold the straps in position, so this needs a plate that doesn't
   bends that easy, so choosing something like this, was a logical option for me. You're right it looks a bit too clean, to
   dished, so as you say, maybe it is field-made, just right after battle, or right while the battle raged and as a
   replacement for a lost plate?
   For the covering, mostly early crusaders have no all-covering backplates, which fits their mentally of prefering death to
   flight (yep, got that formulation for the art of war ;D), you actually don't need any backcovering if your strategy is
   completely orientated forward and showing your back to the enemy is no option.
- Cleanliness: The softparts will get weathered, when they're finished, for now it is just neckseal and armwraps and cape,
   all of them have little to no weathering, but a heavy weathering will follow!
- Aluminium: I tried steel, but for my skills steel ist just no possibility for this project. But have it in-universe, choosing an
   not-rusting material seems like a good idea to me ;D Maybe I can add some artifical rust, lets see if I find a way.
  The other ECs look more organic and boney, but why not a different one for a change?

So, that should be all, for now ;)

@Tor'dola Magnus
Thanks for your kind words! :)
Armor under the armor sounds like no bad idea, but I don't know how good I can realize this, but I will definitely think about ways to do this :)

Tor'dola Magnus

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2014, 09:25 PM »

@Tor'dola Magnus
Thanks for your kind words! :)
Armor under the armor sounds like no bad idea, but I don't know how good I can realize this, but I will definitely think about ways to do this :)

Check these sites.  If you have the credits.  you can get some sweet armor.  if you'd rather save the credits, you can get some great inspiration, and design something with faux leather stitched to  foam or something else for good thickness.

http://www.armorvenue.com/armor-leather-armor.html

http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/c-493-larp-body-armor.aspx

http://www.thevikingstore.co.uk/leather-armour--body-88-c.asp

E.M.T.S. #083
M.A. #098

Talev

« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2014, 09:29 PM »
- The Mask: As you said, these mask are just looking like this, if you look at some of the early Mandalores you see the
   mask form is often to be seen with this headform
Take a look at Niabis. He's a bit taller than you are (I think) and his is much shorter. It's just the ratio, I think.

- Free space: Sash will come ;) And for the lower arms, there will be most likely a leather brace which covers a part of the
   right lower arm, for the left one, maybe I'll do something, don't know yet, it will be covered by the shield most of the
   time anyways, so having the already shield-guarded arm not so armored makes sense, I think.
With the leather brace you might consider some design on it, so it doesn't just become another plain surface. That's the main issue I have with the soft parts right now.

- Pouches: Only an archeologist could think about medievalish larp pouches as "too modern looking" ;D I'll upload a pic,
   where you can see it form a bit more near, maybe the won't look so modern then. ;)
I'm just old fashioned that way :P

- Overall: It seems to be like people like to ignore the fact, that this was just a placeholder overall :P
My bad. Ignore it :):

- Leather straps: A point, which I also noticed as a flaw, I have to try how good I can weather fake leather, but I'll do my
   best at this.
Acrylic paint. Maybe scratch at the surface a bit so roughen it up so it takes the colour more easily.

- Thorns: This depends on how you see them, for me they were things the warrior ripped from enemies and decorated his
   armor with. But one can also see them as a kind of natural grown, spikes. Applying thorns to metal makes it hard to
   make it look organically grown , so I went for the first option, because an EC completely wihout them would be strange...
They're glued on, right? Maybe thing more in the way of "how would he have attached them on the battlefield?"
The way they are right now, they'll probably snap off when someone bumps into you too hard. I would suggest drilling a hole in them and in one of the shoulder plates and letting them dangle from down there? Solves the "not organic but needs thorns" issue.

- Cape: I like how we both often think the same, Talev ;D As I attached a piece of scrap metal to stop the right shoulder
    from sliding back, I got the idea to do this on both sides and attach the cape with hooks or something to these
    "shoulder-bell-holders". I myself didn't liked how the cape is so stuffed around the neck and covering half of the
    harness. So thanks, for saying this and assure me it is a good idea to romanize the cape :)
Romanes eunt domus!

- Backplate: One of the mainfunctions of the backplate is to hold the straps in position, so this needs a plate that doesn't
   bends that easy, so choosing something like this, was a logical option for me. You're right it looks a bit too clean, to
   dished, so as you say, maybe it is field-made, just right after battle, or right while the battle raged and as a
   replacement for a lost plate?
   For the covering, mostly early crusaders have no all-covering backplates, which fits their mentally of prefering death to
   flight (yep, got that formulation for the art of war ;D), you actually don't need any backcovering if your strategy is
   completely orientated forward and showing your back to the enemy is no option.
Again: Point taken. That explains a lot.

- Aluminium: I tried steel, but for my skills steel ist just no possibility for this project. But have it in-universe, choosing an
   not-rusting material seems like a good idea to me ;D Maybe I can add some artifical rust, lets see if I find a way.
  The other ECs look more organic and boney, but why not a different one for a change?
Something different can be good, but if it diverts too much from the streamline, it becomes something completely new ;).
For the artificial rust, I also would try acrylic paint and dabbing it on. Maybe even try to dull the shiny effect a bit? That's the main problem (for me). It's just so blingy. Maybe the axe scars would come out more this way, because they wouldn't get outshined.
Or are you trying to blind your enemies? :P

Ne'tra Cuyan

« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Actually I have to say I like the mask the way it is, especially because of this long form, in my eyes it gives the mask such an unhuman look.
The brace will definitely have the crusader sigil on it, that is its main permission to exist ;D
The Thorns are not glued, but screwed on with a bit support by glue, one of my concepts for this kit, no attachments ONLY by glue ;)

What have the Romans done for us?

Got your point, will try a brownwashing and some artificial rust spots :)

@Tor'dola
I'll check them out tomorow, but the chance is high it is not in my budget, but I am creative and maybe I think about a clever way to imitate :)

Tor'dola Magnus

« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:40 PM »
Actually I have to say I like the mask the way it is, especially because of this long form, in my eyes it gives the mask such an unhuman look.

You have that exactly right!

The whole original design of Mandalorian armor is to mask the actual race of the wearer and bring every mandalorian closer to the look of the gods of the original race (see Bounty Hunter's Code)

E.M.T.S. #083
M.A. #098

Ne'tra Cuyan

« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2014, 04:43 AM »
I haven't got this book, but I saw the picture, it is awesome! :D

Meh, rather not my price-class, so I'll search for another option.
Btw, you became official or have I overseen this previously?

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2014, 05:06 AM by Ne'tra Cuyan » Logged

Talev

« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2014, 01:12 PM »
The brace will definitely have the crusader sigil on it, that is its main permission to exist ;D
The Thorns are not glued, but screwed on with a bit support by glue, one of my concepts for this kit, no attachments ONLY by glue ;)

Noted about the thorns. They still feel glued on ;)
About the mask: I think it's the ratio body-mask that is so odd to me. I do realize that they are typical for this era.. but compare the form and length to Niabis ( to be seen here ), which is much more form fitting and shorter - especially compared to body heigth.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2014, 02:53 PM »
Nice work vod ;) good to see more ECs in Europe ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ne'tra Cuyan

« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2014, 12:58 PM »
I'll see what I can do about the ratio, but I'm not sure if it can be changed ;)

Niabi: Thanks :) Yeah, I'm looking forward to see your MTI finished and I hope we can troop together sometime :)

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2014, 08:53 AM »
Hello Ne'tra!

I really like where you have started with this project, and I feel like you have also been given some very good advice.  Being an armor-smith myself, I want pop in here and give you some professional advice/tips.  ;)

#1.  Planish your plates.  You really need to take some of the hammer dents out of your plates.  It is OK to have a very few, but what you have right now looks very bubbly.  If you don't have the equipment too accomplish this, it would only cost you about $30 to get the auto body dolly and flattening hammer.  Also, here is a link to videos I made 4 years ago on making metal mandalorian armor. While these focus on modern-era armor, the techniques are universal to all forms of metal armor.  http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2510856  Here's another great series on metal mando armor by MMCC member Beviin Verhayc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOFBj0BeQqM

#2.  I have to agree with Talev that your mask is very dis-proportionate to your body and armor.  While the early Crusaders were non-human (Taung), there is still a symmetry to their armor and helmets/masks that are distinct to the shape of their own bodies.

I think Talev and others have already touched on the other things that you should look at.  Please let me know if I can be of any help.  :)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Tor'dola Magnus

« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:46 AM »
So he has spoken, so shall be done.

Watch those videos vod!  I was going to say something about the hammered look, but couldn't remember the term planish.   :P

On the upside about the mask.   You only really need to reduce size, also a good chance to throw in the taper at the bottom of the T as seen in most of the EC masks, over full buckets.

Good luck!

E.M.T.S. #083
M.A. #098

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #19 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:49 AM »
Well that was Even better than the App Team i requested in my First Post on Here....

You know what to do vode keep going.  ;D

Invasions

Ne'tra Cuyan

« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:55 AM »
Yay, words from Mandalore himself! :)
I feel honored that you like it!

And good that you point out #1! Silly me made it so on purpose, because the CRLs for Early Crusaders say "Armor should have an organic feel to it. It should appear to be (...) rough pounded metal."
So I tried to give it an extra rough look and I thought the "bubbly" structure would give it some kind of organic feel :laugh:
Good to know! Equipment should be no problem, I'm very creative on how I use tools ;D
I will planish them :D

About the mask, is it only the length or also shape? And do you think it is too asymmetric?

Do you think this kit is approvable, aside of the changes that must be done?
I'm very thankful for your opinion, helps me a lot :)

@Vorpan
Same thought here!

@Tor'dola
You mean, reshaping the visor, so that it's narrowing downwards?

Tor'dola Magnus

« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2014, 12:45 PM »
I can't get the image to properly post here.  but check out the below link.  You can really see the taper I'm talking about.   It doesn't even need to be as pronounced as that shown, but it helps to look intimidating.  Maybe if you add in the taper by layering another sheet of metal, it would also create an easy mounting for the visor by sandwiching it between the layers.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalore%27s_Mask?file=Mandalore_the_Ultimate_with_flamesgold.JPG

If you need any other references, just search "Mandalorian crusaders" on google images.  you'll get plenty of great pictures.

E.M.T.S. #083
M.A. #098

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 2014, 01:12 PM »
And good that you point out #1! Silly me made it so on purpose, because the CRLs for Early Crusaders say "Armor should have an organic feel to it. It should appear to be (...) rough pounded metal."
So I tried to give it an extra rough look and I thought the "bubbly" structure would give it some kind of organic feel :laugh:

We have very few images for Early Crusaders, and the ones we do have all show an almost organic looking armor.  Almost looking like it was carved out of bone, and not so much like raw metal.  Your current set up is too rough, and needs some smoothing out.

About the mask, is it only the length or also shape? And do you think it is too asymmetric?

Your mask is a little more in-line with what was worn by Late-era Crusaders.  I do think it is too asymmetrical for early crusaders, and it doesn't really look organic enough. We don't have any visual record of Early Crusaders using masks outside of Mandalore the Indomitable, the few bits of art we have show organic looking helmets with spikes/horns and hoses. 

Do you think this kit is approvable, aside of the changes that must be done?

I don't think it will be for Early Crusader, but possibly for Late Crusader.  There is at least 1 visual reference for a mask being used by a Mandalorian during the raid on Vanquo, but you will probably need to add some tech to what you have now and possibably remove a little bit of the length (unless you have a good reason for it being long, like being a non-human species that required such a helmet/mask.  However you would also need to look like that species when you took the helmet/mask off).

I'm very thankful for your opinion, helps me a lot :)

Its my job, and the job of the Apps Team to see you become an Official Member if that is your goal.  We will always do what we can to help you accomplish that goal. :)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Ne'tra Cuyan

« Reply #23 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:41 PM »
I don't think it will be for Early Crusader, but possibly for Late Crusader.  There is at least 1 visual reference for a mask being used by a Mandalorian

On this the Late Era CRLs are a bit confusing, stating "Masks are NOT acceptable for this era. Mandalore the Indomitable is the only exception."
Especially because MTI would be early crusader.

However, lots of change will have to be done.....

Vorpan Kyr'am

« Reply #24 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:25 PM »
We are there to help you Ne'tra....

just keep your Progress Pics coming so we can Guide You in the right direction. With Opening up a w.i.p in Public You made a good Step forward.

Hang in there...

Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!