Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Lightweight recon pack

• 6 Replies

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
Lightweight recon pack
« on: Feb 23, 2014, 10:58 PM »
This is the communications pack I made for my mando. Small and compact for urban assaults. My character will be a sniper and having a comms pack was mandatory and I had an old generator's gas tank lying around so I thought I may as well make a build out of it.

Didn't really have much time to make a WIP but here's what I ended up with after some paint, greeblies and a sunny Canadian afternoon.

Added a small bacta tank inside as well so I can heal on the go  :D

Some good ole weathering.

All done in the dark.

Hope to hear some feedback and suggestions from you guys.  ;D

JatneDan

• If it's still moving, check for a pulse.
Re: Lightweight recon pack
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:29 AM »
I like what you did with it. The blue light adds a very starwarsy feel. now, as for a recon pack, do you want the blue to be shinning? Would that affect stealth? Do you care?

Maybe let us know what the functionality is. Or is it purely cosmetic?

Jaing Vau

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2014, 09:23 AM »
I like what you did with it. The blue light adds a very starwarsy feel. now, as for a recon pack, do you want the blue to be shinning? Would that affect stealth? Do you care?

Maybe let us know what the functionality is. Or is it purely cosmetic?

It was going to be a small bacta dispenser linked into the gauntlet. I can always add tint around the cylinder to dim it a bit. I do get where your coming from completely

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2014, 08:02 PM »
Add a few more greebs to it. Maybe a small comms array as well.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Looks great vod. 

My input:
-Leave the light.  It looks very 'swarzy', and honestly... practicality isn't the goal here, looking cool is.  8)

-Trim off the bolt holes in the outside trim (unless you plan to utilize them for mounting) They're really distracting and don't add to the look of the pack.

-Only add one 'larger' antenna.  Preferably a telescoping one.  The pack is good on greebs.  If anything throw on a SMALL keypad with Aurabesh or Mando'a.

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2014, 08:27 PM »
Looks great vod. 

My input:
-Leave the light.  It looks very 'swarzy', and honestly... practicality isn't the goal here, looking cool is.  8)

-Trim off the bolt holes in the outside trim (unless you plan to utilize them for mounting) They're really distracting and don't add to the look of the pack.

-Only add one 'larger' antenna.  Preferably a telescoping one.  The pack is good on greebs.  If anything throw on a SMALL keypad with Aurabesh or Mando'a.

Yeah, this would be awesome.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Jaing Vau

« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2014, 10:23 PM »
Looks great vod. 

My input:

I need to think about mounting. I was originally going to use the bolt holes but with the depth of the pack it would take away from the look of my kit. So I probably will attack the 'trim'.

I like the keypad idea! As well as the larger antenna I was looking in my greeb bin and couldn't find one. Maybe more searching will reveal one kicking around the house. Thanks for the input! Thats what I need here  :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!