Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

my first mando

• 46 Replies

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
my first mando
« on: Feb 19, 2014, 04:31 PM »
so i have started work on my mando and this time i want to get it done after working on it on and off for like three years. the idea for my mando is my now main OC Runi Kormk a clone of her father from when he was captured by a moff and subjected to experiments to create a perfect warrior. though as a guy im editing Runi's armor a bit, the design will follow a light armor style with the main color red, the secondary color silver or grey and the soft parts black. for details im thinking on doing a copy of my mando's facial tattoos on her helmet since she is mirialan and some falleen inspired elemets due to her mixed heritage. So far i have a good start on my soft parts im going to order my armor and a pre viszla helmet fairly soon then my belt, im also getting a matched set of dissuader KD-40's and a few other items that would be useful in jedi hunting.

now onto the pictures of what i have.

i need to weather my flight suit and have a idea of how to do it thanks from some advice from some friends which is give it a very light coat of spray paint of browns or toss it in a rock tumbler or beat it violently against a tree, seeing as how the spray paint seems the easyist i will try that first.

this a tube shaped balaclava that i got from evike.com for airsoft and my BSAA agent, it will be a temporary item or it might stay.

my dads old jungle stompers from when he was in the army i love these things but i dont have an idea on how to hide the laces.

and finally my gloves which i use for airsoft and my BSAA agent as well so they might be tempoary or stay.

i also have a start on my vest but that wont be worked for awhile since me and my grandma who lives in Michigan will work on it with me.

Re: my first mando
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2014, 04:50 PM »
Laces can be covered by a lace cap, just build one into the shins, or make anchor points under it to lace directly into it, hides laces but not as cumbersome. Used that set up for an old cosplay setup I used.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2014, 04:55 PM »
Boot armour and spats will cover those laces up nicely.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2014, 07:33 PM »
Looking good.  Like everyone said already, hiding laces is pretty cake.

Looking forward to seeing more progress vod!

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Prudii Senaar

• Copaani mirshmure'cye, vod?
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2014, 11:36 PM »
Awww yeeee

Looking forward to this one ;D

For covering laces, I'd just roll boot armor, keep it simple, jango style or something :laugh: ;D

Elegant Mandos' Tea Society #60

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2014, 10:41 AM »
gathering resources and doing your research are essential steps! keep it up =)

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2014, 07:49 PM »
gathering resources and doing your research are essential steps! keep it up =)

speaking of which does anyone have any ideas on how to approach the fallen side of my kit every time i read the wiki entry i think of adding some samurai elements to my kit as the falleen have that feudal culture i have an idea for my shoulders. im thinking on ordering my armor from tk-2280 and modifieing some of it if it fits into what the falleen culture is.

Ulrik Kanteer

• Conquer your fear......or die a coward
  • Awards 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2014, 03:51 AM »
speaking of which does anyone have any ideas on how to approach the fallen side of my kit every time i read the wiki entry i think of adding some samurai elements to my kit as the falleen have that feudal culture i have an idea for my shoulders. im thinking on ordering my armor from tk-2280 and modifieing some of it if it fits into what the falleen culture is.

Just be careful to not allow elements of another theme to take over what makes Mandalorian Armor "Mandalorian"

Dar'manda

« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2014, 10:49 AM »
mandalorians are space samurai. the elements are already there ;)

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2014, 04:00 PM »
mandalorians are space samurai. the elements are already there ;)

this made my crappy day better

Just be careful to not allow elements of another theme to take over what makes Mandalorian Armor "Mandalorian"

this is true, so far it seems the big part of the falleen is that they like the color purple but i want red.

in a bit of news i remebered i had a arisoft pistol and a couple of knives to use as props, i will post links when i get home from my brothers birthday party.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2014, 05:13 PM »
samurai element could be good, though I thought the Mandalorians were more space cowboys with the code of samurai?

Dar'manda

« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2014, 12:33 AM »
I thought the Mandalorians were more space cowboys with the code of samurai?

Space pirate samurai that ride dinosaurs

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #12 on: Feb 22, 2014, 01:20 AM »

Works for me, makes us even more kick shebs :laugh:

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
« Reply #13 on: Feb 22, 2014, 10:11 AM »

dont tempt me to try and get someone to dress as a t-rex so i can put a saddle on them.

in other news pics of weapon things when i get home today.

Dar'manda

« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2014, 10:51 AM »

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2014, 10:59 AM »

Haha.  I was thinking the same thing.

Looking forward to seeing that weapon.

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
« Reply #16 on: Feb 22, 2014, 07:27 PM »
ask and you shall recieve i present to you my stabbys and shooty.

the knife with the green handle im thinking will be a beskar knife while the bigger handle one will be a beskar vibroknife.

the pistol is a airsoft airstrike 600 which is discontinued which is a bummer since i want another one, i got it from a vod on the fourms. im not 100% sure what to do with it i dont want to change its appearance to much.

i also just bought my helmet as part of a early birthday gift.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #17 on: Feb 23, 2014, 03:29 PM »

Once again Mccoy has done his research and pulls it out of the hat, nice vod, nice

ask and you shall recieve i present to you my stabbys and shooty.

the knife with the green handle im thinking will be a beskar knife while the bigger handle one will be a beskar vibroknife.

the pistol is a airsoft airstrike 600 which is discontinued which is a bummer since i want another one, i got it from a vod on the fourms. im not 100% sure what to do with it i dont want to change its appearance to much.

i also just bought my helmet as part of a early birthday gift.

I want that pistol!
And those knives are cool

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
« Reply #18 on: Mar 05, 2014, 12:46 AM »
so bit of an update to show that i am indeed alive.

i have decided to buy a vest instead of make one which will be the next thing i buy followed by my belt to complete my soft parts.

i dont remember if i mentioned this but my bucket has been ordered.

im drawing inspiration from one of my favorite characters and adding a fur trim around the collar it will most likely be yellow or orange to give some different color from the red.

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
« Reply #19 on: Mar 12, 2014, 12:09 AM »
so my uncle died today after a long battle with ALS so what im going to do first with my armor is paint my left shoulder plate with the colors that are on the ALS ribbion which i think are red and blue and write his name in grey in mando'a on it.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #20 on: Mar 12, 2014, 06:15 AM »
so my uncle died today after a long battle with ALS so what im going to do first with my armor is paint my left shoulder plate with the colors that are on the ALS ribbion which i think are red and blue and write his name in grey in mando'a on it.

Nice testamony

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2014, 06:32 PM »
vest came in today im really excited, sorry for the bad picture.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Mar 19, 2014, 06:35 PM »
Kraam vest. Nice.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Dar'manda

« Reply #23 on: Mar 20, 2014, 10:36 AM »

are there people in this potato photo?

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
« Reply #24 on: Mar 20, 2014, 11:03 AM »
no people just droids.

cant wait for the rest of my stuff to come in, in the mean time im working on my primary weapon a modfied "whistler" carbine it essentually a ee-3 that been made to fire acid filled hollow points much like the dissuaders im getting comissioned. i will have pics or something by this weekend.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!