Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

A Guide to Helmets

• 153 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: A Guide to Helmets
« Reply #15 on: Jun 06, 2014, 09:45 AM »
It's up to you.  Just make sure it makes sense and doesn't end up looking like some sort of crossover between Mandos and Splinter Cell night vision googles or something.

« Reply #16 on: Jun 06, 2014, 11:20 AM »
That's what I'm worried about that someone will think  crossover like DC ,Marvel Or a video game, i dont have helmet done because found out template I used was not exactly symmetrical so have to fix that Will put drawings and.item.o.have in mind once.i get home

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #17 on: Jun 06, 2014, 05:35 PM »
When in doubt, send a concept sketch to one of the app team members for some feedback.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!
« Reply #18 on: Jun 06, 2014, 07:04 PM »
And how do I contact them is there a list of names I can look at

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #19 on: Jun 06, 2014, 07:05 PM »
And how do I contact them is there a list of names I can look at

Navigation menu, select Command Staff. ;)

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Jun 09, 2014, 11:06 AM »
Would you please add the Sabine Wren helmet to the list for TMA? Thanks!

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond
« Reply #21 on: Jul 20, 2014, 11:34 AM »
This is really going to help me.

darthmayhem

• Garyth Skyblade Taakure- Medic
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #22 on: Sep 06, 2014, 04:02 PM »
what does this one fall under?

-"O... that looks like it hurts, can i see your insurance card?"
-"First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me."
-"The operation was a complete success, but the patient died of something else."
(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Sep 06, 2014, 10:24 PM »
Late Crusader only.

darthmayhem

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #24 on: Sep 06, 2014, 10:30 PM »
could it not second as a modern era helm?

-"First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me."
-"The operation was a complete success, but the patient died of something else."
(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #25 on: Sep 07, 2014, 01:04 AM »
No, it could not. The only reference for it is for a canon character in the Old Republic era. A modern helmet could be built that's inspired or informed by Shae's helmet like Drak's helmet has elements of Rohlan Dyre's helmet. However, that's not to say that the pictured helmet can be modded to fit into the modern era. I'm talking about a scratch build that uses maybe one or two elements as influence.

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2014, 01:08 AM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

darthmayhem

« Reply #26 on: Sep 07, 2014, 05:41 PM »
 :-\  but it looks like it could also fit under the modern classification for helms. and yea its an older era it was depicted in but couldnt the helmet have been passed on as armor was in the mando culture. not trying to argue just fully understand why it cant /second era

(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #27 on: Sep 07, 2014, 06:28 PM »
I understand, however ther isn't really an established pretense for Star Wars armor being passed down that far or even lasting that long. I mean we're talking thousands of years. It also has no design elements of a modern helmet. No T visor, no cheeks, no brow, no mandibles, etc.

darthmayhem

« Reply #28 on: Sep 07, 2014, 07:33 PM »
republic commando states that armor was passed down, and then honorarily given like to the jedi in the books.

i would say it has a pretty clearly defined brow and cheek. i would agree it doesnt have the traditional t or mandibles.

and i could see the argument with time periods lasting that long but i know several people that are using the old republic jedi shnee armor under the same pretense.

(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #29 on: Sep 07, 2014, 11:10 PM »
It shares nearly zero design elements with either of the Fett helmets or Legacy helmets in any materials we have available to us. It's a very cool helmet, but if you want to use it, it'll have to be on a Late Crusader kit. If you'd like to see that change, the best thing to do would be to message Ulrik and/or Kelan Ord and request that the App team consider the issue and vote whether to allow it or not.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!