Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

A Guide to Helmets

• 153 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: A Guide to Helmets
« Reply #150 on: Jul 31, 2018, 08:40 AM »
Hey if were adding stuff, here are the types of helmets I make that are also on approved kits(disregarding the custom blends... and no rush, just remembering that this thread is a thing you can get to it whenever your doing stuff on this thread next)
-Acacin Armouries Fett Style Helmet
-Acacin Armouries Hoplite Helmet
-Acacin Armouries Sabine Style Helmet
-Acacin Armouries DWA Helmet
-Acacin Armouries Pre Viszla Helmet

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #151 on: Aug 16, 2018, 10:16 AM »
Forgot to mention that the original post has been updated.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Pearldl5634

• The proper application of explosives...
« Reply #152 on: Sep 02, 2018, 12:34 AM »
I am starting my first bucket build. I am using a skate helmet for the dome and working with a bucket for the back, sides and front. I have several questions I have not seen answered:
Is there a "best" type of bucket to use?

I have seen several orange home depot buckets, is it due to the ease of aquisition?

Should I attach the back and front separately or all at once?

Is it better to have a 2 piece front to slide in the visor or make just one and seal it in?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #153 on: Sep 03, 2018, 04:27 AM »
I am starting my first bucket build. I am using a skate helmet for the dome and working with a bucket for the back, sides and front. I have several questions I have not seen answered:
Is there a "best" type of bucket to use?

I have seen several orange home depot buckets, is it due to the ease of aquisition?

Should I attach the back and front separately or all at once?

Is it better to have a 2 piece front to slide in the visor or make just one and seal it in?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
The buckets donít matter too much any standard five gallon bucket works, just sand the surfaces really well.
Use two buckets. One for the inside layer thatís attached to the dome and one for the outside layer thatís attached with adhesive to the inside layer. You can alternate where the cut surfaces meet up. I personally would do the inner layer meeting up at the ears with a front and a back. And the top layer meeting up elsewhere. 
Most folks attach their visor on the inside surface but you could create a channel that the visor sits in as part of your design.
Syper has a good tutorial on visor install with screw posts.

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!