Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

A Guide to Helmets

• 153 Replies

darthmayhem

• Garyth Skyblade Taakure- Medic
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: A Guide to Helmets
« Reply #30 on: Sep 07, 2014, 11:53 PM »
ok thanks for the discussion, vod

-"O... that looks like it hurts, can i see your insurance card?"
-"First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me."
-"The operation was a complete success, but the patient died of something else."
(Save Stripes XI)
M5 #19
Beards #07
mvs #06
KOMS # 22

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Sep 08, 2014, 01:29 AM »
No problem! Anything can be changed! We're always open to improving whatever we can. :)

« Reply #32 on: Oct 18, 2014, 04:04 PM »
I have a question about sizing. I have printed the templates from WOF, and when i form the inside into a rough circle my nose touches and feels like it deforms the front a little. Is that normal or should i print it a little bigger?

For the Honor!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2015, 05:38 PM »
There is a helmet in the Supply Depot Section which I do not see on the list. It is from Iron Forge, and is called the Renegade. I kinda have my heart set on this helmet. I don't want to place an order only to have it rejected. My question is, are items in the supply depot section pre-approved in style before they can be listed? Thank you for your time on this.

« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2015, 03:48 PM »
Hi all,

Pretty new to the forums.  What can you recommend for a classic Fett style bucket on the larger size.  I've tried on a few of my friends' and I cant get past the check indentations, or my chin ends up sticking out of the bottom. 

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #35 on: Jan 28, 2015, 05:53 PM »
HSP Intimidator?

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

« Reply #36 on: Feb 25, 2015, 03:10 PM »
Hello Mandos!

I am in the process of designing my first bucket!
I have a cool backstory for my Mando and I would
Like the armor to reflect that. I was planning on
Starting with the NME Stalker because I really dig
It's mean lines and evil appearance. I want to add
Some signs of cybernetics to the bucket. My
character Is going to have a cybernetic hand, after
Losing his own in the bowels of the Sarlacc Pit, in
Search of the legendary Fett's remains. I actually
Am missing most of my right hand and will be
Fitted with some form of prosthesis whether cybernetic
Or not. I thought it would be cool to incorporate my
Real life situation with my Mando. If the helmet had say
A clear acrylic like panel on the bottom of the bucket,
Exposing some cybernetic anatomy, (not talking full terminator!)
But say Vader or Malgus, maybe even droid like? I'm
Referring to the jaw portion and that would be the only
Mod to the helmet.  Please let me know so I can see what
I'm aloud to have and not allowed. I'm willing to sacrifice
If it is the only means to become an official member.

Kyrayc Uvete
"Dead World"

💀🌎💀

Ulrik Kanteer

• Conquer your fear......or die a coward
  • Awards 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Yeah for exposing your chin even in a cybernetic states it's something that should not be visible with the bucket on, sorry.

Robidom

• Victory awaits those who never give up!
« Reply #38 on: Mar 23, 2015, 06:31 AM »
For Legacy Era buckets, are the dual range finders required or can I supplement them with helmet macros for a sniper?

"Too noble to be a Sith, too volatile to be a Jedi... You'd be a GREAT bounty hunter!"

Always start with the big one, that way the rest seems easy and everyone thinks you're either insane, or a hardcase. Either way you win!

First kit WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90059.0

Blasters WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=113456.msg1563160#msg1563160

Second kit WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=126140.msg1677297#msg1677297

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #39 on: Mar 23, 2015, 10:41 AM »
They aren't required.

Ryuk Shai

• I enjoy the simple things in life. Guns.
« Reply #40 on: Apr 09, 2015, 04:18 PM »
where can i find a SkyGunBro V1 fett helmet????

"Jedi are probably my favorite bounty to hunt cause they take it so honorably "-Ryuk Shai

Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso 'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr 'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
(And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.)

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #41 on: Apr 09, 2015, 04:54 PM »
where can i find a SkyGunBro V1 fett helmet????

Requests for items go here

Ryuk Shai

« Reply #42 on: Apr 09, 2015, 04:59 PM »
k thanks

"Jedi are probably my favorite bounty to hunt cause they take it so honorably "-Ryuk Shai

Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso 'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr 'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
(And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.)

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #43 on: Apr 09, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Just saw this come up in my unreads so i thought this would be a good place to mention I'm making a 1:1 boba scale helmet case today/tomorrow, if that works out well I may put them up fs-what do you helmet experts think is good amount of padding, 1/4 upholstered EVA foam?(ie im putting some leather over the foam and Im also peaning all the rivet stems on the inside so there isnt much uneven bumpynss)

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Ryuk Shai

« Reply #44 on: Apr 10, 2015, 08:58 AM »
Just saw this come up in my unreads so i thought this would be a good place to mention I'm making a 1:1 boba scale helmet case today/tomorrow, if that works out well I may put them up fs-what do you helmet experts think is good amount of padding, 1/4 upholstered EVA foam?(ie im putting some leather over the foam and Im also peaning all the rivet stems on the inside so there isnt much uneven bumpynss)
like ROTJ Boba or V1???

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!