Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Soft Parts WIP for my first kit!

• 5 Replies

Aldebaran

• Alde Ba'rahn - Aliit ori'shya taldin.
My Soft Parts WIP for my first kit!
« on: Feb 22, 2014, 09:03 PM »
While I'm gearing up and getting my armor set up, I've obtained a few pieces for the soft parts. What I have so far are the vest, gloves, belt and boots.

As you can see, the boots are WELL worn already. The buckles and laces will be covered by the flight suit and foot armor.

The only soft part I need now that I can think of is a flight suit, and hopefully I'll have one soon!
Please don't hesitate to provide feedback or improvements of these parts, it is much appreciated feedback!

Re: My Soft Parts WIP for my first kit!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2014, 05:00 AM »
Yup...those boots ate weathered  :P

Try to weather everything else to the same level would be my advice or the boots will look odd.

What are your plans for flightsuit? Dickies boiler suits work well  ;)

mishakitty

• Glitter'alor
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2014, 06:10 AM »
That is a *really* nice vest!

I agree with what Shaugi said about the weathering - definitely consider working that in there for the gloves especially as they are pretty light colored and look rather pristine. There are lots of great ways to weather, but if you need tips just ask and we will chime in.

Other soft parts that people sometimes add in include kamas and or loin cloth, capes or cloaks, girth belts or waist sash. There are lots of other options of course but these are some of the most commonly used. Hope this helps!

E.M.T.S. #1 ~ Founder ~ Glitter Faerie In Chief

Get Elegant: Join the Elegant Mando's Tea Society

Official Invasions: 67

Various upgrades and whatnot

Dral Kar'ta (Dar's GlitterHeart)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2014, 06:38 AM »
Thats some nice soft parts vod ;)

With the boots are there any Logos on them ? coz if there is they will need to be covered ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Aldebaran

« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2014, 07:12 AM »
What are your plans for flightsuit? Dickies boiler suits work well  ;)

I'm on the lookout for something cheap and hopefully I'll be hitting a thrift store here soon and finding a dark colored/black flight suit. But I will definitely keep the Dicikies in mind! Thanks for the tip!

That is a *really* nice vest!

I agree with what Shaugi said about the weathering  - definitely consider working that in there for the gloves especially as they are pretty light colored and look rather pristine. There are lots of great ways to weather, but if you need tips just ask and we will chime in.

Other soft parts that people sometimes add in include kamas and or loin cloth, capes or cloaks, girth belts or waist sash. There are lots of other options of course but these are some of the most commonly used. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I had it tailored and then I gained some weight and it was REALLY tight, but now I'm back down and it fits like it should! As for the weathering, I will gladly take any tips/tricks/pointers on weathering soft parts. I've only been able to find weathering armor in the forums. Best I know of is to wash the parts repeatedly! As for the other soft parts, I've been playing around with the idea of a kama upgrade. I have so much do to with my armor that I'm going to make that a separate project...just like the jetpack I intend to add.

Thats some nice soft parts vod ;)

With the boots are there any Logos on them ? coz if there is they will need to be covered ;)

The only logos (that I can think of off the top of my head, don't have them in front of me) on the boots are the soles and the tags you see on the top of the boot, which will be covered. The sole logos are pretty much gone already.

Thanks all for your input! I want to get a good kit done the first time around and all this help is much appreciated!

Aldebaran

« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2014, 11:36 AM »
Arise! I have an update!

I've been trying and searching and attempting to find the best and inexpensive option for two-piece flight suit, which came down to scrubs. This is what I finally came down to.

There are some cargo leg pockets, a back pocket and some branding that will need to be removed. There are side pockets as well, but I don't think they're that visible. Or I could keep the back pocket and make my kama upgrade now...decisions decisions...

I'm excited that I have all the parts for my Mando now. The flight suit was the last piece of puzzle.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!