Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Custom Westar-34

• 21 Replies

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Custom Westar-34
« Reply #15 on: Feb 25, 2014, 08:25 AM »
Niiiiiiicce! :D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #16 on: Feb 25, 2014, 04:40 PM »
OO nice muzzle, I like the added realism of the visual internal part.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #17 on: Feb 25, 2014, 06:55 PM »
That muzzle looks amazing! Same with those grips. Can't wait to see this bad boy finished up! Keep it up ner vod

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #18 on: Mar 12, 2014, 06:26 AM »
Very rough assembly to get a sense of how it all goes together. The barrel extension is just roughed in position. Still needs to be cut down and the end of the side vent on the main part of the barrel opened up and lined up. I shaved enough off where the grips come together to make the grip an inch wide, as it should be. The upper part works well with the receiver area, so I left that. The offset is lined up so it nestles just so in my hand. The amber grip scales will be fitted below that lip. I trimmed down the dovetail above the grip, and have a different endcap. Made a new more accurate trigger that still needs to to be smoothed down and drilled out for the rod it rides on. I also still have some more epoxy-putty reshaping to do. And I left out the inner barrel for this mockup.

Getting closer, though. :)

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2014, 05:08 PM »
Solid! I personally think the little dome bit at the back feels out of place, but if you're happy with it, then it's perfect.

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2014, 07:36 PM »
Yeah, that's the biggest problem with everything being unfinished. Once the finishing and painting work is done, it'll be seamless. There's a lot of little fiddly work with putty and edge shaping that's taking a long time to get just so, but once that's done, it'll be the paint apps that pull it all together. The only thing I'm wibbling over is to make that endcap the same gunmetal as the rest of the main body, or chrome the round part to evoke the finish of Jango's Westars.

I've been forced to recognize that -- thanks to uncooperative weather and lack of an indoor alternative for painting space -- I'm not going ot have this costume finished by ECCC. I'm going to continue plugging away and see how close I can get, but... *shrug* This blaster and the leg armor (thighs, knees, shins, and sabatons) are what I'm focusing on this week. With maybe a little work done on my gauntlets. The armor bits I want to get to the point they're ready for painting, with no other prep work needed. But I want to see if I can get this blaster, at least, finished before the end of the month. So I'm hoping to have enough of the unfinished stuff resolved soon, so y'all can see more clearly what's been in my head to guide me.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Valeskor Zevkin

• He was bleeding before I got here...
« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2014, 12:17 AM »
Normally I don't care much for Westars at all, but I'm really digging what you've done with yours so far. Great work, vod!

-Valeskor

-Valeskor

"Do not go recklessly searching for glory. Live well, fight with honor, and glory will find you as assuredly as the sun rises."

PEW,PEW,PEW, WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62961.0
Snail-like progressing armor WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63151.0
We have a website, it is tiny: www.headtraumastudio.com

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!