Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP: Janir's repulsor pack

• 4 Replies

Janir

WIP: Janir's repulsor pack
« on: Feb 28, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Finally found enough pieces to design a replusor pack. Yup, not a jetpack, but not with our some air lift capability. I'm not gonna get between the MAJIC and MABEL groups ;), we'll just split the baby some. So a repulsor pack is slower than a jetpack, but its also not a bomb on your back either.

Anyway, using my duct tape dummy  I took the pieces of toys I cannibalized and laid out the pieces. Need to build a small paint hood in the basement as its still too cold in Wisconsin to spray paint outdoors.

The green item is the main power source system and the pink round wheel is a replusor pad. There will be 4 total replusor pads, 2 upper and 2 slightly larger, on the lower back. I am adding hose connections from the green pack to the 4 pads. Might even light them up with LED's. Definitely the main housing will light up with LEDs.

Also on top is a small pack that will have 4 mini missile launchers. 4 is better than 1. If I need the punch of 1 bigger missile, I can fire all 4, otherwise I can have some more surgical precision in my fire power. The armor concept is a heavy sniper so I'm not needing to take down a house. Bought 4 cheap Star Wars pens from craft store and more cannibalized toy lawnmower parts.

As my armor will be metal, I can easily install magnets in everything to mount to the back armor. Once I have them in i like place, I can add opposite magnets on the backside of the armor to keep the pieces from sliding.

Next up: cleaning and primer painting.

Kandosii Verd

• @kandosiiverd on instagram. hit me up.
Re: WIP: Janir's repulsor pack
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2014, 11:59 PM »
Considering that you are going to be attaching this to armor, make sure it has a good solid looking base. A few parts slapped on a backplate won't be as convincingly stable as a "real life" repulsor pack would have to be. That said, I think this looks like a great concept. Good luck to you!  :)

VRCA #028

Soli Deo Gloria

Janir

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2014, 12:54 PM »
That's a great point I hadn't yet considered!  I do want it to look flush when mounted. I'm gonna start researching some sort of rubber gasket along the mating edge to avoid gaps.

Thanks a ton for pointing that out! You probable just saved me a few hours of frustration in reworking  had I processed as planned.

Kandosii Verd

• @kandosiiverd on instagram. hit me up.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2014, 12:36 PM »
That's a great point I hadn't yet considered!  I do want it to look flush when mounted. I'm gonna start researching some sort of rubber gasket along the mating edge to avoid gaps.

Thanks a ton for pointing that out! You probable just saved me a few hours of frustration in reworking  had I processed as planned.

No problem, Ner Vod. I'll be keeping a close eye on this one! Eagerly looking forward to updates.

VRCA #028

Soli Deo Gloria

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2014, 04:11 PM »
Another Build to Watch ....  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!