Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Blaster concept

• 7 Replies

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Blaster concept
« on: Mar 01, 2014, 05:08 PM »
I've been toying around with an idea for a blaster which looks a bit like this:

It's just the mock-up of the design done with cardboard.
The front is based on the Westar-35 blaster and the plan is to have that cover up the whole orange front bit, have it nicely moulded onto the front so it's not just slapped onto the front.
It's going to get a folding stock like the Spas-12, that means the top rail is going to get sawn off
The empty bit in the middle is going to house a hexagonal cannister, about the width of the original bulge on the sides of the frame which I'm also going to make hexagonal.
On both sides I'm thinking of putting a hunting scope like Chewbacca's bowcaster, with the scope mounts probably mounted onto the hexagonal bit.
I'm definitely giving the gun a sideways magazine, something short and wide I think and I'm going to do a load of sanding/bondo work on the body to de-nerfify it as much as I can.

So what do you all think ?

EDIT:

Oh also !
Here is another blaster I've been working on

It's based on a Luger and the Bryar pistol from the Jedi Knight series.
Don't know yet how I'm going to bring it to the real world, but I'll think of something.

« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2014, 06:32 PM by Yourius » Logged

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
Re: Blaster concept
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2014, 10:13 AM »
I think your plan sounds solid and should turn out alright and meet CRLs if you do it just like you said. As you said, the biggest thing is to de-nerfify it as much as you possibly can. You sound well on your way, can't wait to see some progress.

The second pistol looks amazing! Based off a WWII Luger? How do youplan on building that one? Count me interested

Milori Te'Bell

• The Unstoppable Mandalorian
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2014, 01:41 AM »
Maybe get the Bryar pistol 3D printed in pieces, and then assemble it.
Good luck with the NERF, I've given up on using those as basis.

Just replace Episode 1 with Weird Al's "The Saga Begins" and a YouTube clip of the Darth Maul fight.  All the story and good bits, none of the Jar Jar.
Bearded Mando #018

MAJIC Member #116

Kilted Mandalorian #009

Only a Mandalorian can make his girl a gun, and get appreciated for it.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2014, 02:09 AM »
I'm not a Nerf mod Fan , So I can't help you there .... I'd Shelve it IMO ... But that's me . :rolleyes:

Now as far as the 2nd Weapon ..... I'd go for that ... I love the Bryar ... :kiss:

It's totally Doable ... I know because I've done it .....  ;)
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51501.0

Can't wait to See What you Come up with ... 8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2014, 12:49 PM »
Maybe get the Bryar pistol 3D printed in pieces, and then assemble it.
Good luck with the NERF, I've given up on using those as basis.

Printing it in parts did cross my mind, splitting it into parts will take some time but I already know it'll be worth it!

Milori Te'Bell

• The Unstoppable Mandalorian
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2014, 02:48 PM »
And then you make a cast of it, and sell copies :p

Just replace Episode 1 with Weird Al's "The Saga Begins" and a YouTube clip of the Darth Maul fight.  All the story and good bits, none of the Jar Jar.
Bearded Mando #018

MAJIC Member #116

Kilted Mandalorian #009

Only a Mandalorian can make his girl a gun, and get appreciated for it.

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2014, 03:56 PM »
And then you make a cast of it, and sell copies :p

Brilliant >:3

I've been fiddling around in sketchup and made this :

If I did all my measurements correct then it should fit in place of the orange bit on the front.
I found someone who could print it for me so fingers crossed!

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2014, 04:10 PM »
This concept is really interesting! Most people will either print off their full guns in pieces and put them together. I haven't seen anyone 3D printing custom add-ons for Nerfs. Good idea. I hope it works well. I have my eye on this for sure

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!