Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

alternative to chest display

• 10 Replies

Kal Vizsla

• "Enemies no matter, they´re all the same to me..."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions.
alternative to chest display
« on: Mar 07, 2014, 01:37 AM »
hello guys, i made jpgs as a secuence as seen on boba`s chest display, here is the result on video. i`m using one of those cheap amv players,

« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2014, 01:47 AM by Kalaval Zil » Logged
Kalaval Zil BigFang Clan(Mex)  contact: 
 https://www.facebook.com/BigFangClan.Mexico
M.A.J.I.C. 122   B.E.A.R.D.S. 046  V.R.C.A 034

Dynas

• "You can run,but you'll only die tired." Boba Fett
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: alternative to chest display
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Can you elaborate. I am interested in a cheap version of chest lights. how much are these? where do you get them?  Whats the longevity of them?

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Career Invasions: 13

OM #874     M.A.N.T.A.     M.A.B.E.L #44

Kal Vizsla

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2014, 02:39 AM »
Can you elaborate. I am interested in a cheap version of chest lights. how much are these? where do you get them?  Whats the longevity of them?

I`m trying to make this display for everyone, as a tutorial or selling the wholw stuff ready to use, are relative cheap, more than other circuits electronics, i get them as a gift two years ago, at least 4 hours in full charge battery, it can be charged via USB, vest looks awesome when charging battery  :D

here is the last video!!!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrHjzlUeYqs

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2014, 01:49 AM by Kalaval Zil » Logged

Dynas

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2014, 12:52 PM »
What are the actual lights/components? where would you get the parts if i wanted to make one. Also if you sell them any idea on the price?

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:34 PM »
What are the actual lights/components? where would you get the parts if i wanted to make one. Also if you sell them any idea on the price?

By the looks of it....a cheap mp4 player that can scroll pictures and some pictures of the chest lights. One pi8c of each sequence step then just running on a loop to display them in order.

That's if I'm under standing this correctly.

Kal Vizsla

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:08 PM »
By the looks of it....a cheap mp4 player that can scroll pictures and some pictures of the chest lights. One pi8c of each sequence step then just running on a loop to display them in order.

That's if I'm under standing this correctly.

Indeed. The secuence is a file video i made. Not led nor circuits. Then using "repeat" function.
The media player cost about 38 usd incluiding a 4 gb sd memory
The most delicate part is the on/off switch. It brokes really easily, but the result are awesome

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2014, 01:47 AM by Kalaval Zil » Logged

Dynas

« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2014, 10:22 AM »
Ah, cool. Thanks for that.

Mark II

Ziike

• If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2015, 03:57 PM »
I haven't made my armor yet. Saving up and planning right now. What are the dimensions on the slots and how far apart are they? There are many different sized digital photo displays, such as key chains and the like. I have one that is 1.5". My guess is it would be too small. I know there are some out there that are 2.4" and 3.5". It might take some doing to get the images sized and aligned right, but would those be big enough?

« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2015, 04:50 PM »
I haven't made my armor yet. Saving up and planning right now. What are the dimensions on the slots and how far apart are they? There are many different sized digital photo displays, such as key chains and the like. I have one that is 1.5". My guess is it would be too small. I know there are some out there that are 2.4" and 3.5". It might take some doing to get the images sized and aligned right, but would those be big enough?

In theory you could make the slots whatever size you needed  ;)

Ziike

• If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2015, 11:15 AM »
In that case, when I get that far I'll try to remember to update this post on what I discover.

Thano

• bic jate tuur at ash'amu
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2015, 01:24 PM »
does that file also work on an android phone?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!