Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

To Poncho or not

• 4 Replies
To Poncho or not
« on: Mar 24, 2014, 09:23 PM »
I cant decide if I want to go with a poncho or not.I fabed up a poncho this weekend but cant decide if I want to pursue finishing it.In my mind I like the look but wearing it feels like it would take to much away from the armor.Here are some with/without pics I took.
Without:*I have no plans to use the bucket on my head.Only worn until I can get a better bucket*

With:

TI-68712 Alabama Garrison

Goram Korr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: To Poncho or not
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2014, 09:53 PM »
I myself am not a fan of ponchos in general. To me its like you said, it takes away from the armor. The way it is now people would just see your helmet and leg armor.

Merc #706
VRCA #22
BMC OM #8
Most of BMC is over achievers. I only go quarter tassel at most.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2014, 09:59 PM »
I had thought of weathering it and giving it a battle worn look to let the armor show through.I will probably just use it from time to time.

Yutah

• Proud Wearer of a Lonewolf Helmet, blank #6
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2014, 10:09 PM »
I had thought of weathering it and giving it a battle worn look to let the armor show through.I will probably just use it from time to time.

It's canon, Jango had one. I'm sure it'll be fun to wear it ever so often. Having alternate kit loadouts can be fun. I'd focus on the plates for now tho.

ps-sweet wolverine.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2014, 10:11 PM »
thank you I have had him for a long time since I was 15 yrs old.
I am going to start on the armor plates as soon as I can get the materials to make them.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!