Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Open Seasons: Montross "The Brutal" **Merc Approved**

• 151 Replies

tubachris85x

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Open Seasons: Montross "The Brutal" **Update APR 6 2017
« Reply #125 on: Apr 06, 2017, 08:46 AM »
Well the cod piece is going in rubber tonight. I was honestly surprised with how well this cleaned up. It's not perfect, but I feel it looks pretty good. I may go back and make another one in the future but this will work

Should have the cast done and ready by Saturday afternoon, to which we'll throw it onto the rest of the suit

-TC

"You're worth enough...dead..."

Xundor Wrex

• No, I'm Jango's friend...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #126 on: Apr 06, 2017, 10:28 AM »
Been following your progress on insta so far. Loving how this kit is coming together. Great work so far.

Si vis pacem, Para bellum

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #127 on: Apr 07, 2017, 05:49 AM »
This is just a fantastic build!

Keep it up!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

tubachris85x

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #128 on: Apr 07, 2017, 08:22 AM »
Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments! Hope people like it after it's all said and done

I had to go and assist a friend who was doing some sewing work for the jango flightsuit, but my buddy was kind enough to take on molding the cod piece, which means we'll be able to pull a cast and have it ready by saturday afternoon.

Lastly, was able to throw the last of the primary paint for the shoulder bells. Just needs the leather straps, weathering and mounting

So tonight will be a good push for us. If all goes well enough, we should be done with this by saturday afternoon, hopefully I'll be able to take pics with everything on.

Hopefully

-TC

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Open Seasons: Montross "The Brutal" **Update APR 7 2017
« Reply #129 on: Apr 07, 2017, 01:11 PM »
Those shoulder bells look pretty sweet!

tubachris85x

« Reply #130 on: Apr 07, 2017, 01:56 PM »
Those shoulder bells look pretty sweet!

Thanks! There's not really any solid reference in the comic for them, especially since he's only got them in a few frames before losing them in an explosion. I partially relied on the action figure for overall placement/size. The notches were a combination of the few ref shots..but can't be perfect

tubachris85x

« Reply #131 on: Apr 09, 2017, 10:05 AM »
Well, all done! Will change some things in the future but for celebration I feel it's ready

See ya'll at Celebration!

-TC

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #132 on: Apr 09, 2017, 03:19 PM »
So cool man. So freaking cool.   8)  8)  8)  A great kit for sure right here, and the first complete Montross I've every seen. Have fun at celebration, I look forward to seeing whatever changes you make later.

Teilyr Farsel

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #133 on: Apr 09, 2017, 08:08 PM »
This is beautiful! And it's my favorite Montross (only finished one, I think) that I've ever seen. Kudos!

tubachris85x

Re: Open Seasons: Montross "The Brutal" **FINNISHED**
« Reply #134 on: Apr 10, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Thanks guys!

I'm actually not the first, my buddy Lee in the UK completed his a few years back. He's got a phenomenal Montross and he's also got the muscle for it! He was 501st approved back then too

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Open Seasons: Montross "The Brutal" **FINISHED**
« Reply #135 on: Apr 10, 2017, 11:54 AM »
I can't get over how awesome it is. See you in a few days buddy.

Naritir Ka'ra

• If at first you don't succeed... reload.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #136 on: Apr 10, 2017, 12:02 PM »
Simply awesome! Can't wait to see it in person in a few days!

MMCC #1755 | Invasions: 10
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

I'll sign autographs, after the smoke clears.
Mk01 OM 4/5/17
F: naritir T: @naritir_kara IG: naritir
Story

tubachris85x

« Reply #137 on: Apr 10, 2017, 01:00 PM »
Thanks guys! Hopefully I can get both thursday and sunday, possibly friday too. See how I feel

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #138 on: Apr 11, 2017, 10:23 AM »
Looks great!

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #139 on: Apr 20, 2017, 10:06 PM »
I was fortunate enough to see this kit all together at Celebration Orlando(and him choking mitch...rofl) and it looks fantastic in person-chris has the perfect build and height for the most believable Montross ever

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

tubachris85x

« Reply #140 on: Apr 21, 2017, 07:52 AM »
I was fortunate enough to see this kit all together at Celebration Orlando(and him choking mitch...rofl) and it looks fantastic in person-chris has the perfect build and height for the most believable Montross ever

Thanks man! I appreciate that :)

I did get my approval notice last night as well, so I can say I'm now official w/ ya'll!

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Open Seasons: Montross "The Brutal" **Merc Approved**
« Reply #141 on: Apr 21, 2017, 09:48 AM »
YES! Congrats brother.

Naritir Ka'ra

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #142 on: Apr 21, 2017, 11:55 AM »
Kandosii on the kill stripes, vod!!!  I didn't get to see you at SWCO - but I saw the picture!   :laugh:  By the way, if you didn't know, Mando Memes (on FB) made a meme outta the picture. I tagged Mavic in it, but didn't know if you were on FB as well.

BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story
« Reply #143 on: Apr 26, 2017, 03:49 PM »
We saw this in person at Celebration.  I was blown away.  It looked amazing.  I'll find the pic of you and my boy and post it up here.  Awesome work!

tubachris85x

« Reply #144 on: Apr 26, 2017, 04:02 PM »
Kandosii on the kill stripes, vod!!!  I didn't get to see you at SWCO - but I saw the picture!   :laugh:  By the way, if you didn't know, Mando Memes (on FB) made a meme outta the picture. I tagged Mavic in it, but didn't know if you were on FB as well.
lol yes, that was pretty funny what they did. Mitch had it coming though! How do you think I got approved so quickly??

tubachris85x

« Reply #145 on: Apr 26, 2017, 04:03 PM »
We saw this in person at Celebration.  I was blown away.  It looked amazing.  I'll find the pic of you and my boy and post it up here.  Awesome work!

Thank you man! I appreciate the compliment! Sure, I'd be glad to see any other pics!

« Reply #146 on: Apr 26, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Here it is...

Naritir Ka'ra

« Reply #147 on: Apr 26, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Mitch had it coming though!
Of this, I have NO DOUBT, ner'vod. Mitch ALWAYS has it coming.  :laugh: :laugh:

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

tubachris85x

« Reply #148 on: Jul 16, 2018, 04:09 PM »
Reviving this thread to show off what is coming soon!

This is one of the props I've been wanting to do when starting this project, based off the concept art for Star Wars Bounty Hunter. While the in-game pistols are largely the same overall design, they added a lot more detail to that final game version. However, for the Open Seasons action figure, they gave him these pistols, which largely don't seem different from the concept art. Currently having the model printed by a friend. This was modeled by Indigenous Effects

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #149 on: Jul 17, 2018, 09:01 AM »
That looks beautiful!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!