Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Arrik Draykon's armor

• 19 Replies
Arrik Draykon's armor
« on: Mar 25, 2014, 10:39 PM »
This is the start of my WIP. I tend to make things up as I go, so no detail is concrete until I make a purchase.

Soft parts: I have a navy blue flight suit I purchased from Cosplay Outfitters. I'll order a vest from one of our skilled members after I have my armor plates. I'd hate to end up with something being too long or short by ordering to soon. I'm considering a kama. I plan to use spats to mount my shin and boot plates and to secure any loose fabric of the flight suit.

Hard parts: My buy'ce is a Clone Wars Death Watch from Mandalorian Arsenal. I've ordered the CWDW V1 armor set from MA as well with a minor change. I asked him to replace the DW thigh and boot plates with standard (Jango style) thigh and boot plates. I plan to go with bronze for my base metal color. Almost everyone uses silver so I'm going with the idea that my armor is made of a different type of metal than most. The paint scheme will likely be dark grey/black, unless I really like the bronze color.

Weapons: My sidearm is a Westar 35 pistol from Woodchuck. I've ordered a Westar 35 carbine from him which I should have in a couple of months.

I will post pictures when I have something to actually show. I look forward to getting feedback as I make progress.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than bloodline."
Buurenaar Verda Clan
Armor WIP
Westar 35 pistol
Westar Carbine
Re: Arrik Draykon's armor
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2014, 07:54 AM »
Welcome to the BVC. Looks like you have a good solid start. Here's a couple of fellow mercs that make some great gear.

Sidi Ren: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62756.0 Makes vests, kama's and flight suits to your specs so they'll always fit.

Then you have K'raam Xrati: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=50888.0 Makes vests with neck seals and boot spats to your specs.

Both of them have top quality products, and I highly recommend giving them a look at.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2014, 09:06 PM »
Welcome to the BVC. Looks like you have a good solid start. Here's a couple of fellow mercs that make some great gear.

Sidi Ren: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62756.0 Makes vests, kama's and flight suits to your specs so they'll always fit.

Then you have K'raam Xrati: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=50888.0 Makes vests with neck seals and boot spats to your specs.

Both of them have top quality products, and I highly recommend giving them a look at.

Thanks. Those are the 2 people I am going to choose from for my vest.

I'm also playing with the idea of a backpack that can function as a cooler. Being able to carry water and keep it cold in the Florida heat sounds like a good idea to me.

« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2014, 06:00 PM by Arrik Draykon » Logged
Buurenaar Verda Clan
Armor WIP
Westar 35 pistol
Westar Carbine
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:19 AM »
All you need is a camel pack. It'll come in real handy for the 100% humidity with 100 degree heat. :P

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:47 PM »
Thanks. Those are the 2 people I am going to choose from for my vest.

I'm also playing with the idea of a backpack that can function as a cooler. Being able to carry water and keep it cold in the Florida heat sounds like a good idea t me.
In addition to a Camelbak, look into getting a helmet fan kit.  Evilboy still sells them, as far as I know...  They work pretty well.  I mean, it's not air conditioning, but it definitely helps.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2014, 12:01 PM »
I finished cutting away the extra plastic from my buy'ce this morning. Time to start sanding and get some glazing putty for a few spots. Trying hard to resist putting paint on it to soon. Also looked at an old motorcycle helmet of mine and scavenged some removable padding from it to use. Did a quick test fit and I snugs things up really well.

Buurenaar Verda Clan
Armor WIP
Westar 35 pistol
Westar Carbine
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 12:53 PM »

I received my Death Watch Carbine from Woodchuck yesterday. Here's a pic of it with my Westar 35 Pistol that was also made by Woodchuck.

Death Watch armor plates made by Mandalorian Arsenal. They will all be painted oil rubbed bronze. Some plates may get an accent color. I have not decided what color yet.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:05 PM by Arrik Draykon » Logged
Buurenaar Verda Clan
Armor WIP
Westar 35 pistol
Westar Carbine
« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2014, 04:28 PM »

This is a Death Watch helmet from Mandalorian Arsenal. I started the prep work by cutting away all the extra stuff that comes from casting and cut the opening for the visor. Mal Darklighter finished the prep work and attached the ear caps. He then hit it with gray primer, then a coat of black, then metallic bronze. He then cut and installed the visor.

Buurenaar Verda Clan
Armor WIP
Westar 35 pistol
Westar Carbine

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2014, 05:54 AM »
Sidi Renn well also do kama commissions as well. I used her fit my vest and girth belt and about to order my kama through her.

K'raam has good vest as well. You really can't go wrong with either choice.

The overall progress looks good vod.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Jul 17, 2014, 08:33 AM »
Nice start vod. Like the helmet, just needs a blackwash to dirty it a bit and help remove the shine of it.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum
« Reply #10 on: Jul 21, 2014, 09:35 PM »
Glued and sewed velcro to 1/2" foam rubber cut from an exercise mat. Then I traced the pads in the helmet and marked the velcro locations. Then glued the other half of the velcro into the helmet. I left a gap between the pads to allow some air flow.

Buurenaar Verda Clan
Armor WIP
Westar 35 pistol
Westar Carbine

DragonTrooper

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #11 on: Aug 03, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Looks like your kit is coming along great! I love the sleek finish on your helmet.

Dirgha'tus (LongShot) / Jango Fett - AOTC
« Reply #12 on: Aug 30, 2014, 04:07 PM »
Got my shins painted today. These are the new Death Watch shin plates provided by Mandalorian Arsenal. I painted the with flat black. The fronts will get the metallic bronze to match the rest of my armor.

Buurenaar Verda Clan
Armor WIP
Westar 35 pistol
Westar Carbine

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2014, 07:13 PM »
How's the helmet fit? It's one I am looking at myself. Kit is looking great.

« Reply #14 on: Aug 30, 2014, 07:57 PM »
How's the helmet fit? It's one I am looking at myself. Kit is looking great.

The helmet is snug front to back, meaning it's right against the back of my head and my nose is almost touching the visor. But side to side is quite roomy. I should have no problem installing fans to move air to the front of the helmet.

Buurenaar Verda Clan
Armor WIP
Westar 35 pistol
Westar Carbine

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!