Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

SUPER CHEAP Body Armour Tutorial

• 51 Replies
Re: SUPER CHEAP Body Armour Tutorial
« Reply #50 on: Aug 15, 2015, 02:23 PM »
I am new to this group.This is a really cool idea. Has anyone tried the oven method of heating up the PVC? I have not started making armor yet and am finding out all these different ways to build it. Of course I would like to do a cost effective armor build. I did like the post about how if someone punches you they hurt their hand,lol. Maybe someone should do a youtube video on this.

Thanks,Daren

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: SUPER CHEAP Body Armour Tutorial
« Reply #51 on: Aug 15, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Welcome, Daren.  :)

I used the oven method on my first three sets of armor; it works well, but be careful not to burn it (the toxic smell is unhealthy), and use a towel against your body for shaping, as it will be hot (it helps to have a second person assisting).

Use a spray bottle of water (or the tap) to help 'set' the shape, once you get what you like.

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!