Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Oren's First Build WIP

• 94 Replies

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
Re: Armor Concepts First Build
« Reply #15 on: Mar 30, 2014, 11:32 PM »
The plates look a little short to me, where does the ab plate sit in comparison to your belly button?

I thought the same thing at first glance, too, because you are wearing a long t-shirt over your jeans, it's hard to tell where your belt line is, but it looks good.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2014, 11:43 PM »
Haha I knew that might cause problems when I started taping the pieces on the shirt.

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2014, 05:00 AM »
Alright, so I thought I would give the Mandomaker a whirl. Now its not a for sure scheme, but the basic idea of what I am shooting for. Though the weapons will be reversed, and that was the closest I could get lightsaber not looking like a lightsaber. Will be a Bes'kad.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 31, 2014, 05:08 AM »
Not that keen on the neon green to be honest.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #19 on: Mar 31, 2014, 05:41 AM »
Won't be neon or lime, wanted a lighter green to go with the dark green. But that was around the shade, a bit too bright I won't lie.

Dar'manda

• "I go in first so you dont have to"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 31, 2014, 05:47 AM »
I feel the green plates on the green vest may be to similar, may try adding some contrast make the plates pop or differentiate themselves from the vest or vice versa.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #21 on: Mar 31, 2014, 06:08 AM »
Yeah was thinking that, will for sure have to do the vest a different color.

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #22 on: Apr 01, 2014, 02:59 PM »
So nothing to special to update on, got some of the templates cut out on thick poster board for better tracing. And got my backplate printed out, cut, and taped together. And question, how do I go about updating the title of this thread. Not really a concept anymore, starting to take shape as a WIP.

I label everything, if anyone was wondering why I did that.

And secondary question, does anyone know whats up with the site? Why is everything crooked?

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #23 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Check the date.

Templates look nice.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #24 on: Apr 02, 2014, 04:39 AM »
Wow, as soon as I read that the overwhelming feeling of stupidity crept it. Hoping to go and get my sintra this weekend, hopefully.

stinkylinkz

• Back at it again!
« Reply #25 on: Apr 02, 2014, 08:40 AM »
Wow, as soon as I read that the overwhelming feeling of stupidity crept it. Hoping to go and get my sintra this weekend, hopefully.

Yup! That just happened to me. It was quite annoying though, glad it is back to normal!

Anyways, good luck with the build. Just a tip on sintra. If you plan on using a heat gun to bend/shape it, I highly suggest doing it outside. Not sure if the fumes are harmful, but they smell pretty bad for awhile.

Good luck with the build! I honestly struggle with cod pieces, so I am looking forward to seeing what you do for your first time.

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #26 on: Apr 02, 2014, 02:02 PM »
Thanks, it's honestly my first time working with it. So it's going to be a learning curve, and I had heard that it's not the best smelling stuff. That's why I wasn't keen on using my oven.

Atin Vhekadla

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
« Reply #27 on: Apr 02, 2014, 03:26 PM »
Yeah, the fumes are harmful (it is plastic after all). I would do it outside, or if you can't then use a very well ventilated room.

Copaani mirshmure'cye ner vod?

Some people say it's "overkill." I say it's sufficient.

Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

My WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=73758.0

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #28 on: Apr 02, 2014, 04:27 PM »
Yeah, was planning on doing it on my covered back deck. Better for everyone, plus my I have a respirator with organic vapor filters.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Apr 03, 2014, 04:00 PM »
Love the Neon Green ;D and that last pic on sizing was spot on ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!