Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Oren's First Build WIP

• 94 Replies

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
Re: Oren's First Build WIP
« Reply #75 on: Aug 03, 2014, 04:29 AM »
Liking the design for your symbol, working up one myself from the Norwegian flag. That gun looks awesome but it's definitely going to be some work. Looks like the vest and suit work very well together.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
« Reply #76 on: Aug 03, 2014, 09:41 PM »
Thanks, goes well with what I have in mind in my head. Color wise anyways.

« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2015, 04:30 PM by Oren-Cathal » Logged

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #77 on: Mar 01, 2015, 04:31 PM »
Its been awhile, mainly because we are saving for our month long trip to Europe in May. That and raising a temper-ish redheaded daughter.

Anyways, I haven't lost that itch. I posted this on softparts, but only got views and no feedback. I originally wanted some feedback on what to do with my flightsuit. But thought heck with it after nothing back, and just attacked it myself.

Before:

I knew that visible zippers had to go. So I wasn't too worried about the breast pockets as they would be hidden by my vest. So I decided in the end.... just get rid of all of it!
The waist cinch went, mainly because it did NOTHING. The elastic was no good, so that went as well  as all the velcro. Next the pockets, all the zippered pockets. All lastly, that un-needed collar. Which was very uncomfortable under the vest. But when taken off, there wasn't a folded seam. So I pulled out my wife's sewing machine, hit up youtube and fixed that problem.
Now the one problem I ran into, well first one. Was that I couldn't find my seam ripper, not until I was done anyways so I did what any manly man would do... I used this. It took a long time, but it worked.

So after all that work while rewatching one of my favourite shows, I ended up with this.

This is what the neck looks like, I wasn't about to try and change the thread color as you will never see it anyhow. Not bad for someone who had to use youtube to figure out how to use that scary machine. And this is SO much more comfortable under the neck seal.

Any feedback is always welcome. Thanks everyone.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #78 on: Mar 01, 2015, 09:40 PM »
Looks shweet, man! :D I see nothing wrong with it! ;)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #79 on: Mar 02, 2015, 12:11 AM »
That's a pain in the rear end without seam rippers for sure. You'll probably find them right after you're done needing them, it's how it usually goes. :laugh:

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #80 on: Mar 02, 2015, 01:20 AM »
That's a pain in the rear end without seam rippers for sure. You'll probably find them right after you're done needing them, it's how it usually goes. :laugh:

Yup, pulled out my wife's machine. An there it's was in that little compartment, not where it usually is... The sewing kit. Oh well, leatherman got me through haha.

ares

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #81 on: Mar 12, 2015, 01:27 PM »
Looking great!
Thanks documenting your build.. I learned a lot reading it!
BTW: Your logo Design: *Brilliant* sketch utilizing points and lines. Barely visible in the photo, but clear you have some Technical Design skills (Which, also shows in the shoulder plates and other parts!)

KANDOSII RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT - "We save lives. Starting with Yours."

OM 1297  |  B.O.M.B 54

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #82 on: Mar 12, 2015, 11:25 PM »
Looking great!
Thanks documenting your build.. I learned a lot reading it!
BTW: Your logo Design: *Brilliant* sketch utilizing points and lines. Barely visible in the photo, but clear you have some Technical Design skills (Which, also shows in the shoulder plates and other parts!)
Hey thanks. I find inspiration in nearly every build I look at, everyone on here has so many great ideas. As for me, I am a fan of symmetry when it came down to my symbol, and the shoulders were all measured out. Bit of a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like that.

Vailin Flynn

• Urge to kill...rising
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #83 on: Mar 13, 2015, 12:08 AM »
Quick question:
Did you have any issues removing the thigh pockets on your suit? I'm in the same boat with pocket removal and those seemed to be sewn into the main side seam, and I'm a little iffy on removing them.

WiP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=88828.0

OM #1476
Cabur Akaata #16
M.A. #153 (24er)
House Buurenaar Verda -  Batuu Clan
OM Troops: 7

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #84 on: Mar 13, 2015, 12:30 AM »
Quick question:
Did you have any issues removing the thigh pockets on your suit? I'm in the same boat with pocket removal and those seemed to be sewn into the main side seam, and I'm a little iffy on removing them.

No issues, but mine was the same. What I did after pulling all the seams was use a sharp pair of scissors and slowly and carefully cut the pocket near the seam it was sewn into. Then I washed them after all was done, then cut all the frayed ends that were left over from where the pocket was.
Hope that helps.

Vailin Flynn

• Urge to kill...rising
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #85 on: Mar 13, 2015, 02:17 AM »
Yup, that's much easier than what I was thinking of doing. Thanks :)

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2015, 02:32 AM by Vailin Flynn » Logged
WiP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=88828.0

OM #1476
Cabur Akaata #16
M.A. #153 (24er)
House Buurenaar Verda -  Batuu Clan
OM Troops: 7

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #86 on: Mar 21, 2015, 05:27 AM »
Alright, so nothing major to update. Just retired the most comfortable work boots, and thought they might make suitable boots for my Mando. Not much to do to remove what labels are left, and the tough toe will obviously need to be stripped off. They are extremely broken in, 3+ years of use so they are nicely weathered.

Thoughts, feedback, suggestions? Thanks everyone.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #87 on: Mar 21, 2015, 04:28 PM »
Those look awesome 8) I'd leave the toe cap on, though. It's pre-installed armour! ;)

Other than that, you'll just have to figure out how to cover the laces :)

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #88 on: Mar 21, 2015, 04:38 PM »
Those look awesome 8) I'd leave the toe cap on, though. It's pre-installed armour! ;)

Other than that, you'll just have to figure out how to cover the laces :)

The tough toe is pretty beat up, and already peeling. Plus I have boot armor planned for the toe. Laces will be covered by future spats.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #89 on: Mar 21, 2015, 05:20 PM »
The tough toe is pretty beat up, and already peeling. Plus I have boot armor planned for the toe. Laces will be covered by future spats.

Hmm, do continue then! 8)

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #90 on: Aug 13, 2015, 12:49 PM »
Hey man, any updates?   Looking forward to seeing this come to life!

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #91 on: Aug 15, 2015, 02:16 PM »
Just got back from a cash black-hole that was vacation, England was an expensive trip. Just building funds back up, then I will be tackling this kit again. Seem to just chip away at it haha, but something is better then nothing.

« Reply #92 on: Aug 15, 2015, 02:54 PM »
I love ow you're like, "Im not much of an artist..." ANd your stuff looks totally bad-shebs!! :laugh: :D I'm an avid lover of the stalker helm too. Can't wait to see your progress! :)

"It makes me happy that I make you nervous...that tells me you aren't stupid."

Armor:

Helmet:

Techblade a.k.a Dral Tracinya : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111300.0

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #93 on: Aug 15, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Cool.   There are a lot of people working on kits in BC right now so let me know if we can help any.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #94 on: Aug 15, 2015, 04:42 PM »
I love ow you're like, "Im not much of an artist..." ANd your stuff looks totally bad-shebs!! :laugh: :D I'm an avid lover of the stalker helm too. Can't wait to see your progress! :)

Love the Stalker, but seeing so many going with it... Almost make me want to just do a classic bucket. Love the Animefan casts.

Cool.   There are a lot of people working on kits in BC right now so let me know if we can help any.

Thanks, really appreciate it!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!