Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Adenn Gra'Tuar Early Crusader Force Hunter WIP build (1st kit)

• 145 Replies

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
Re: Adenn Gra'Tuar Early Crusader Force Hunter WIP build (1st kit)
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Are those water bottles on the pack?

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Are those water bottles on the pack?

One is. The other is a steel canister. Keep in mind not all detail work has been finished.

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2014, 01:20 AM »
One is. The other is a steel canister. Keep in mind not all detail work has been finished.

Not complaining, was just curious. Good idea for shapes, everything is looking awesome.

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2014, 01:28 AM »
Not complaining, was just curious. Good idea for shapes, everything is looking awesome.

Thanks, vod. Still have some detail and minor construction to do, glasswork, paint and lastly the LEDs

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2014, 02:05 AM »
Well you are making it look easy to the rest of us... And by us, I mean me.

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2014, 02:11 AM »
Well you are making it look easy to the rest of us... And by us, I mean me.

Thanks again, vod! It's only after a couple of decades that making it look easy comes easier...

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Syl

• The Ability to speak does not make you Intelligent
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2014, 11:19 AM »
 :o

beastly beskar'gam vod

I look forward to seeing it done.

Traat'aliit gar besbe'trayc
KOMS #24
New Death Watch Order #20

On the Road to Celebration 7...
1st UM Troop, hopefully.

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2014, 11:31 AM »
:o

beastly beskar'gam vod

I look forward to seeing it done.
Good to see this thread over here. Looking good vod!

Thank you both! I plan to be doing some work tonight! Expect an update sometime late tonight or early morning...

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Am Vindam

• Cat # 0761
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2014, 11:40 AM »
Yeah, get to work, slacker!

Vagabond Nexu

Elegant Mando's Tea Society #055
B.E.A.R.D.S. #066
R.A.M. #010
Nerf-Herder #004

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2014, 01:01 PM »
Yeah, get to work, slacker!

/\/\ it's true /\/\ :-\

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2014, 07:15 PM »
So I saw the plan for this, then saw the hbf to mod for the helmet.. and was like "hbf mod for an ec? Rookie mistake.. too much work!!" Then you went and blew my mind with it. Nice. I'm digging this set up.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2014, 07:21 PM »
So I saw the plan for this, then saw the hbf to mod for the helmet.. and was like "hbf mod for an ec? Rookie mistake.. too much work!!" Then you went and blew my mind with it. Nice. I'm digging this set up.

Thank you! I tend to take challenges and make them my -censored- ;)

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2014, 01:05 AM »
Thought I would update before getting into the beer, lol

Helmet is rough sanded and awaiting resin jelly coat
perty, aint it?

Veermok has been final sanded and attached to the base for sturdiness, awaiting fine sanding and primer filler coat.

Shriekhawk final glassing for sturdiness. Awaits rough sand & resin jelly coat.

Rebreather pack glassed and resin coated for sturdiness and form. Next comes rough sand and more form work.

tomorrow is more sanding, resin jelly coat on helmet and shin/knee wire form work.

Cheers!

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Am Vindam

• Cat # 0761
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2014, 01:13 AM »
Nice work, man. That's looking real good and coming together nicely. Now get off the boards and back into the workshop! Or bed, I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life.

Vagabond Nexu

Elegant Mando's Tea Society #055
B.E.A.R.D.S. #066
R.A.M. #010
Nerf-Herder #004

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2014, 01:29 AM »
Nice work, man. That's looking real good and coming together nicely. Now get off the boards and back into the workshop! Or bed, I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life.

It's beer o'clock right now. Then shower then bed!

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2014, 11:38 AM »
Broken horn?  I can dig it.  :D

Looks good, vod!

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2014, 11:41 AM »
Broken horn?  I can dig it.  :D

Looks good, vod!

I wanted more of a natural, asymmetrical look, as compared to being perfectly stored...a little battle worn, as it were...

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2014, 03:01 PM »
I wanted more of a natural, asymmetrical look, as compared to being perfectly stored...a little battle worn, as it were...
A good call.  If I ever decide to give Cin some wear and tear, I'll probably do something similar.

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2014, 03:39 AM »
OK...long awaited update...lots of stuff done, just haven't had the chance to post up...

Helmet resin jellied

Shriekhawk resin jellied

and sanded and set up for mockup (note the no-neck space)

Started formwork and glassing on lower canister of rebreather

Then the helmet oxygen hose was installed

And the shknee guards were shaped, drilled for mounting to boots and knees secured to shinguards with metal plating

Tomorrow's forecast calls for shknee guard wireform and initial glassing, beginning gauntlet construction, cleaning of the upper armor for fitting to set up for chestplate alignment & design, as well as chest plate design and initial wireform (possible glassing)

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Talyc Rancor

• The Mermaidlorian
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2014, 10:30 PM »
SO MUCH YES! Talyc Rancor approves! 8) 8) :o :o

"But no matter what anyone tells you....real women can not only bake delicious crescent rolls but they can also murder you with them." -Tyno Krast

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2014, 10:47 PM »
This gear is 100% Win  8)

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
« Reply #97 on: Jun 01, 2014, 03:06 AM »
This gear is 100% Win  8)
SO MUCH YES! Talyc Rancor approves! 8) 8) :o :o

thank you both. And now for our evening update:

Mounted the shknees to the boots. Used 10/32 nuts and bolts with large washers for support, and then cut and covered the nuts with epoxy to secure in case of possible unscrewing via walking/what-have-you

finished up the design aspect for the main body of the rebreather. Also mounted the on/off button for 1 of 2 LED wires. (heres a test run before painting.

and sketched out one side of the Taozin scales chest piece. Will cut this out and flip over to do the other side, cut out individual scales (3 per side) and begin wireform and glassing. Since these will be fused with leather strapping as the middle broken section, it may take a while. Still have to pick up the leather. But, on a bright note, the scales are more or less flat, so not a lot of unneccessary detail work to be done for these...

Oh, and I finished my HIC iPhone hardshell panel. If you want one, PM me.  Theyre $10 plus $6 priority ship (<--insert shameless plug here)

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #98 on: Jun 01, 2014, 04:01 AM »
This has to be the thread I most look forward to seeing updates on, the work just kills me. Keep it up vod, insane... Just insane.

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #99 on: Jun 01, 2014, 08:46 AM »
That phone case is so cool  :)

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!