Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Heavy Assault Toxic Atmosphere WIP (Pic Heavy)

• 179 Replies

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Heavy Assault WIP
« Reply #150 on: Jun 05, 2015, 08:16 PM »
Very awesome kit, and some fantastic electronics work there. Once you've got your knees done, then fix that small spacing issue that was pointed out with the right middle ab plate, I'd say your ready to apply.

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #151 on: Jun 05, 2015, 08:24 PM »
I agree... the pack is terrible... i feel bad for you having it on your back... so bad.. i'm willing to dispose of it for you, free of charge :P

Everything is great. This is an exceptional kit. i can't wait to see the stripes.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

civvik

« Reply #152 on: Jun 05, 2015, 08:30 PM »
I agree... the pack is terrible... i feel bad for you having it on your back... so bad.. i'm willing to dispose of it for you, free of charge :P

My thoughts exactly!

If you want something other than a box, have you given thought to making a clone backpack? I've got the pep file if you want it. Just some food for thought.

Kando Falco

• the Clan Smith
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #153 on: Jun 06, 2015, 06:35 PM »
Now that is a neat looking pack!  I will take the files you suggested.

Did my first total suit up for app photos.  I am glad I lightened the pack cause damn it gets heavy over time.  Other then that I think I made everything..unless i add more but its already so heavy. thats what I get for going with thick plate..double the weight maybe more.

OK lets hear the criticism!!  App team Im looking at you.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #154 on: Jun 06, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Knees nedd straightening, and you have some neck showing. Other than that, maybe a sash or girth belt to finish.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum
« Reply #155 on: Jun 06, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Seen your backpack build, it's really awesome. I have one nitpick however. I think it sits too low. I would raise it at least to shoulder height. The weight issue might (probably not but who knows) shift around and it wouldn't be so bad higher up.

My 2 creds. Amazing job none-the-less!

CAT #1573

Kando Falco

• the Clan Smith
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #156 on: Jun 06, 2015, 10:18 PM »
You got me on the knee and neck.  Should have looked closer at what wife took.  It's straight in some.  Things that  move during wear matter for app photos?

Can't move the pack. I see what your saying but I would have to make an entirely new back plate.  Maybe at a later date.

civvik

« Reply #157 on: Jun 06, 2015, 10:32 PM »
A girth belt or sash would do you nicely.

As for the pack...can you do anything about the straps? I'm not sure if that's gonna ding you or not, but if you could build some sort of sintra housing for the straps I'm betting it wouldn't hurt you any.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #158 on: Jun 07, 2015, 12:09 AM »
You got me on the knee and neck.  Should have looked closer at what wife took.  It's straight in some.  Things that  move during wear matter for app photos?
Yes! As Ulrik told me, app photos should be "your kit at its absolute best. It'll never look this good again". Obviously you should sways aim for that quality, but as you pointed out, it just isn't possible when you're moving around a lot.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Kando Falco

• the Clan Smith
« Reply #159 on: Jun 07, 2015, 03:46 PM »
Your right. It should be the best it's ever going to be.

On a side note I won first place at the comic con in Albany Ny today.  Now I'm famous!

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #160 on: Jun 07, 2015, 04:45 PM »
Sick!  ;D

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Kando Falco

• the Clan Smith
« Reply #161 on: Jun 09, 2015, 01:54 PM »
So I have gotten lots of advice from everyone and I think I am ready to take another shot at my app photos.  This time I am going to wear the baklava. I am also constructing a girth belt.

Met a few potential recruits at the event.

6/16/15

Well I began and finished the girth belt to help address some of the fit issues that were noted.  I used nylon 3/8 blue rope instead of the cotton dryer line that most use.

7/6/15

Now with girth belt

Kando Falco

• the Clan Smith
« Reply #162 on: Jul 09, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Sorry for the double post   :o

But who cares!!!  Its official as of today.  That was a long trek to get to application but it was worth it.  Nothing accomplished easily has any value and a club without strict standards isn't nearly as cool to be a part of. 

Now to for continued improvement.  I am not going to close this thread or stop.  You really do learn alot once you start trooping and I have been learning.  I have a really long show this weekend in Ct .  I wonder what will break fall or droop this time lol

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #163 on: Jul 09, 2015, 07:33 PM »
Congrats on the kill-stripes vod :D

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #164 on: Jul 09, 2015, 07:45 PM »
Sorry for the double post   :o

But who cares!!!

I'm sure the moderator cares when forum rules are broken...........speaking of, I'm going to move this to armor components since that's where WIP actually goes ;). Post away with upgrades :P

Seriously, congrats on the kill stripes though!

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #165 on: Jul 09, 2015, 08:35 PM »

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #166 on: Jul 10, 2015, 12:19 AM »
Great job vod! I knew you'd ace it  ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #167 on: Jul 23, 2015, 03:35 PM »
Bit late  :-[ but.....

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #168 on: Jul 27, 2015, 03:04 PM »
It's never too late for a Niabi Like....

That said I think I missed this one somehow, looks absolutely brilliant. Grats on the Stripes!

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Kando Falco

• the Clan Smith
« Reply #169 on: Aug 08, 2015, 04:00 PM »
Lots of posts always pushed this thread to the next page.  I am not surprised you missed it.  It would also seem I posted the whole thing in the wrong section pretty much the entire thread.  This build has made me want to bite of something even more substantial.  I am contemplating doing a sith acolyte.

Started my z-6

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=97044.0

Kando Falco

• the Clan Smith
« Reply #170 on: Aug 26, 2015, 06:16 PM »
Had a great photoshoot at an event this weekend.  Tried out the z-6 on a jedi  and took home second place

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: Heavy Assault Toxic Atmosphere WIP (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #171 on: Aug 28, 2015, 08:13 PM »
This turned out pretty sweet vod. Looks nice and mean!!

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Kando Falco

• the Clan Smith
« Reply #172 on: Oct 12, 2015, 07:52 PM »
As with most things they are never truly finished.  I am now entering phase two of this build.  I want it bigger and badder.   THis will likely include a top down upgrade starting with the torso, then thighs, then knees and legs.  I also started adding some detail work including ammo, trophies, and mando'a. 

I also upgraded my cooling system by installing a voltage regulator to the fan  This allows the voltage to the fan to remain constant as the battery voltage drops.  I also kicked the fan voltage up to 14v.  Any more then that and all I hear in the helmet is the sound of moving air.

Added mando'a to the back of the helmet.  I have been naming all the helmets I make now.

The start of the torso included a new segmented abdomen, extra chest plates including backer plates and kidney plates.

I also added a sound system to my back pack.  We can now listen to mando jams or radio chatter while we troop.  Its blue tooth, pretty loud and lasts for 6 hrs.  Not bad for $20

Now the shoulders are pissing me off. I want sometihng bulkier but cant settle on any concept that makes me happy.  Here are a few trials.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #174 on: Jan 06, 2016, 11:48 PM »
The new ab plates are significantly better than your originals  Looking good, vod!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!