Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

SWTOR Cassus Fett Neo-Crusader build

• 120 Replies

Jas'ika

• Friendly fire isn't friendly
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: SWTOR Cassus Fett Neo-Crusader build
« Reply #100 on: Sep 18, 2014, 11:09 PM »
Had to remake the chest mold the silicone didn't cure correctly.

also I'm going to start converting the molds I have into vacuform molds this weekend. that way I can offer a affordable ABS version of the armor.

Jas'ika

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #101 on: Sep 18, 2014, 11:12 PM »
I was planning on using 2 of these with this kit. I am in the process of adding these to the web-store thet are either $40.00 each or a pair for $70.00 http://forgeprops.bigcartel.com/product/westar-35

« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2014, 11:31 PM by Jas'ika » Logged

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #102 on: Sep 19, 2014, 12:26 AM »
"Oh... this is nice Boss, a very nice piece of ordnance here."

Those 35s are looking sharp ner vod! I love the skull in the handgrip. Very classy  8)

Jas'ika

« Reply #103 on: Sep 19, 2014, 06:57 AM »
"Oh... this is nice Boss, a very nice piece of ordnance here."

Those 35s are looking sharp ner vod! I love the skull in the handgrip. Very classy  8)

Thanks Vod

« Reply #104 on: Sep 19, 2014, 09:31 AM »
Can I ask a dumb question?   How big are the grips on the Westar-35s?  I have....tiny baby hands.  Compared to something like, the hasbro E-33, for example.

Because I was gonna scratchbuild...but these look LOVELY.

Jas'ika

« Reply #105 on: Sep 19, 2014, 03:00 PM »
Can I ask a dumb question?   How big are the grips on the Westar-35s?  I have....tiny baby hands.  Compared to something like, the hasbro E-33, for example.

Because I was gonna scratchbuild...but these look LOVELY.

That's not a dumb question, the grips are bigger then the Hasbro, they are roughly the same size as a real 1911's grip. now I'm 6'1" and the grips are just fine for me and my wife is 5'2" ish she says 3"-4" ish but she's more like 2" ish and they fit her hand also, and she has pretty small hands. but I made it a point that these would fit her since the original intention was that I was making them for her. but I really like them also so we're both going to use them

Argen Tium

• "Ni haar mando Buir"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #106 on: Dec 10, 2014, 06:50 PM »
WOW,
what a great build I just went to your store and only found the face plate and shoulders, I would seriously like to get this kit from you but would it also include hood?

« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2014, 06:56 PM by Argen Tium » Logged
Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Papa.
PROGRESS:
Armour WIP - local APPROVED.
Argen Tium Beast Tamer WIP

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #107 on: Jan 15, 2015, 04:02 AM »
how did I miss this? looks great so far

Hope you finish it so I can buy a set  :P

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion
« Reply #108 on: Feb 20, 2015, 10:34 AM »
I loved the neo-crusaders! Keep it up, vod.

Jas'ika

« Reply #109 on: Feb 22, 2015, 07:14 PM »
I'll be starting this back up this coming weekend

Jas'ika

« Reply #110 on: Nov 09, 2015, 11:19 AM »
It's been awhile since I've posted an update on this. Sorry life called.

Gauntlets are finished in 3D Studio Max and will be printed this week then finished and molded. Abdominal plate, hand plates, and boot plates are waiting on mold material. And then this kit is finished. I will offer a tutorial on how to make a Hood for those of you who would like to wear the hooded version. This kit will be available in 4 versions, Cold Cast Brass (pictured), Cold Cast Aluminum, Standard Cast White, and VacForm ABS.

Jas'ika

« Reply #111 on: Jan 04, 2016, 07:41 PM »
Okay I finally got around to molding the abdominal plate. I'm actually working on two builds at the same time so I'm going to start alternating between the two. this one is getting close to completion. Here is the link to my SWTOR Clan Varad Build: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=103970.0

Abdominal Plate

Mold started

Jas'ika

« Reply #112 on: Jan 05, 2016, 07:19 PM »
The mold for the Abdominal plate is finished, I'll cast one up while I wait for tonight's episode of curse of oak island.

Jas'ika

« Reply #113 on: Jan 05, 2016, 08:35 PM »
And I present you the raw pull of the cold cast brass abdominal plate. Drum roll please.

Jas'ika

« Reply #114 on: Jan 06, 2016, 08:43 AM »
This build is pretty much finished. I need to mold my gauntlet masters and besides the hood which I'm still working on this kit will be done. WooHoo   ;D

Skeltis

• No time to explain... But I'll explain anyway
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member EnviroOps Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #115 on: Jan 06, 2016, 04:37 PM »
Amazing work! Can't wait to see full kit assembled.

Jas'ika

« Reply #116 on: Jan 06, 2016, 04:39 PM »
Amazing work! Can't wait to see full kit assembled.

Thanks brother and right back at you. I saw your build pics pretty sweet Vod

Jas'ika

« Reply #117 on: Jan 08, 2016, 05:46 PM »
The right forearm gauntlet top is finished now to do the left top tomorrow and then the two bottoms.

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2016, 08:24 PM by Jas'ika » Logged
« Reply #118 on: Jan 09, 2016, 08:34 PM »
hey bro I'm making a neo-crusador shock trooper kit, i was wondering do the shin guards have to be fully enclosed..... i think its a bit different than normal neo crusadors so... but i been there aren't any back pics of shock troopers so do you think it will just be half enclosed, not fully? thanks :) and btw I'm loving you build, its aces :)

"Ni narir va gaanader mando jibr, mando jibr gaanader ni"-Jalkaryr jag

(I didn't choose the mandalorian life, the mandalorian life chose me)-(my name)

Jas'ika

« Reply #119 on: Jan 09, 2016, 10:19 PM »
hey bro I'm making a neo-crusador shock trooper kit, i was wondering do the shin guards have to be fully enclosed..... i think its a bit different than normal neo crusadors so... but i been there aren't any back pics of shock troopers so do you think it will just be half enclosed, not fully? thanks :) and btw I'm loving you build, its aces :)

I don't think the shock troopers are fully enclosed. There are a few different varieties of lower leg not all are fully enclosed. And thanks.

« Reply #120 on: Jan 10, 2016, 03:35 PM »
I don't think the shock troopers are fully enclosed. There are a few different varieties of lower leg not all are fully enclosed. And thanks.

ya I'm thinking cus my shin guards are from my ankle to around the bottom of my knee, ill probably make the first bottom 6inches fully enclosed, so ill get some clips that clip n on the inside or something when i put them on :)

"Ni narir va gaanader mando jibr, mando jibr gaanader ni"-Jalkaryr jag

(I didn't choose the mandalorian life, the mandalorian life chose me)-(my name)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!