Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

power for fans and other things

• 4 Replies
power for fans and other things
« on: Apr 06, 2014, 02:52 PM »
i was thinking about using a rechargeable 3.7 volt 8ooomah battery and some step up Voltage Regulator's to power my kit so i'm not always bing 9v batteries. http://www.robotshop.com/en/dfrobot-dc-to-dc-step-up-voltage-regulator.html
what do you guys think?

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: power for fans and other things
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2014, 03:35 PM »
Neat idea but I imagine you might not get too many hours out of it...What I'd suggest is a 7812 voltage regulator to get 12V from a 12-24volt power supply, you can then use rechargable rc batteries or something as a power source because it would probably last a lot longer than a single cell.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2014, 04:34 PM »
Whatever works best for you

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Those are also higher voltage, so you'd want a step-down regulator rather than a step-up. Stepping down the voltage would allow those to last longer as well.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!