Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Erick Main Build WIP

• 9 Replies

erickmain

• Armor in progress.
Erick Main Build WIP
« on: Apr 09, 2014, 02:01 PM »
So I'm brain storming my favorite colors and wanted to throw this out early. I'm thinking MODERN ERA Heavy class. I have looked at a ton of pictures but if this is mega close to one already in existence please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Erick Main Build WIP
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2014, 06:55 PM »
Looks like a good concept. It doesn't strike me as too similar to another Merc's paint scheme, but there are almost 900 of us these days. :P

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2014, 01:15 PM »
Really like the colours vod ;)

If you are going to have a kama i would not have a full cape as well  :rolleyes: maybe a half cape ? or maybe just a shoulder cape like Boba  8)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

erickmain

• Armor in progress.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2014, 02:23 PM »
Not a bad suggestion at all! :) I have seen one other like this and it just struck me as cool so I think I'm going to try it. if when done it does not look good i can just cut up the cape :P  update: I'm going to make a new mock up because my buddy is making me custom pouches and I'm also making thermal detonators.

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2014, 02:45 PM »
That's an awesome punch of orange, I like it. Though I agree the Kama and cape is a bit much for fabric, could also try a half poncho?

FreemanBanana

• Kebii'tra Tracyn
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2014, 02:58 PM »
Ignore them! Needs more fabric  :P Put a loin cloth in there  8)

Really though, I like the concept. But a lot of the kama guys I see do have shoulder capes. If you were going with a cape to avoid a back plate, I don't know what to say. If not, shoulder capes are awesome.

erickmain

• Armor in progress.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2014, 03:00 PM »
ok so two agree. I will listen do half poncho. :D

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2014, 03:02 PM »
I tried to find the Boba pic of the half poncho... Maybe it's even a full. But he has it over one shoulder only. Looks pretty B.A.

erickmain

• Armor in progress.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2014, 03:02 PM »
oh crud ! I will do both and take pics then let you all vote. heck, I will do the loin cloth to and let you all decide later lol! :)

FreemanBanana

• Kebii'tra Tracyn
« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2014, 03:15 PM »
oh crud ! I will do both and take pics then let you all vote. heck, I will do the loin cloth to and let you all decide later lol! :)

I was only joking haha  :laugh: I think your best bet is to go kama+ something that doesn't go past the waist. After that you start to get more cloth than armor, which isn't very mandalorian.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!