Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ronan's Legacy Armor !!Approved pics on page 6!!

• 107 Replies

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: Ronan's Legacy Armor
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 12:33 AM »
if you look in my thread "Tavic Legacy Assassin" I think i got pics of my armor fitted already. I used glue and webbing. lots of webbing. you'll want all the flexibilty you can get in this thing, trust me.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Award for 75 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 08:22 PM »
As per the approval team, the lower plates do have to overlap. We just had two different mercs in krayt get denied due to not having them overlap.

Keep it up Vod, you're off to a great start

MMCC: #0310 Vode Of The Skull: #29
O.R.B./327th Elite #024 Elegant Mando's Tea Society: #116

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 10:37 AM »
As per the approval team, the lower plates do have to overlap. We just had two different mercs in krayt get denied due to not having them overlap.

Keep it up Vod, you're off to a great start

Have they giving them and written guidelines?  I've been poking around everywhere and haven't found them.
I made the bottom plates overlap and the top plates are butted based on some others I've seen. 
I've started painting The red is a lot more bright, just crappy lighting

For colors I'm thinking Red with some type of white stripe and black flight suit.

This is what gave me the idea.  It's by oneone1111 over on the dented helmet

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 09:15 PM »
It may not be specified to the letter, but when it says to look at references for guidance, no reference has the plates abutted. (With the exception of the two breast plates) everything is layered.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 01:59 AM »
It may not be specified to the letter, but when it says to look at references for guidance, no reference has the plates abutted. (With the exception of the two breast plates) everything is layered.

Ok I think I'm good then.

So here are a couple designs im thinking about.
What does everyone think?

Red on Tan (khaki)

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 02:09 AM »
Khaki... black is done way too much

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 11:46 AM »
I concur. Red and khaki will give you a more unique look.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 03:11 PM »
Definitely Khaki  ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ronan

« Reply #23 on: Jul 17, 2014, 01:50 AM »
Sorry haven't updated this as much as a should.  been updating a thread on my clan's forum.

This is the chest piece assembled

Here are the legs & forearms

Shoulders Salvaged these from some old SCA armor I had, so they are actually metal.
 [imghttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7401478/Mando%20Links/2014-06-17%2000.10.14.jpg]http://[/img]

Added velcro to my flack vest and tried on my armor.  Also added snaps for the shoulders.  Flight suit hopefully will be here before the weekend.

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Jul 17, 2014, 08:08 AM »
Awesome kit brother, I love legacy kits when they really just WORK.

You don't really want velcro on your vest with Legacy, as Echo (Cin, now, i think?) was trying to say.  Maybe on the top of the shoulders, and at the lowest segment, just to hold everything in a constant place.  If you use the strapping method, too much velcro will cancel out the awesome "bendiness".  Are your shoulders riding under the collar?  You'll want to address that.

This is a great kit, and neither of what I pointed out are in the least bit serious.  Looking forward to more!

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Ronan

« Reply #25 on: Jul 17, 2014, 10:17 AM »
Awesome kit brother, I love legacy kits when they really just WORK.

You don't really want velcro on your vest with Legacy, as Echo (Cin, now, i think?) was trying to say.  Maybe on the top of the shoulders, and at the lowest segment, just to hold everything in a constant place.  If you use the strapping method, too much velcro will cancel out the awesome "bendiness".  Are your shoulders riding under the collar?  You'll want to address that.

This is a great kit, and neither of what I pointed out are in the least bit serious.  Looking forward to more!

Thanks for the advise.  I was actually debating having the shoulders above or below.  I think Im going to trim the collar  a bit and have them sit even to each other.  The velcro is only on the top pieces and the very bottom one.  So it still have a hanging feel to it, but also stays mostly in place.

Ronan

« Reply #26 on: Jul 19, 2014, 12:57 AM »
Got my jumpsuit today.  Its a 2 piece.  Just a Dickie's shirt and pants.  Also moved the shoulders out a bit.

Ronan

« Reply #27 on: Aug 04, 2014, 10:50 AM »
I did the thighs, shins & forearms.  Some things I still want to change.
- Adjust placement of shins & thighs (possibly ditch the straps and use snaps/velcro)
- Move the shoulder pieces down a couple inches.
- Trim armor piece around neck
- Trim & hem flack vest
- Maybe make full bracers or do something different

Still to do
- Finish helmet (just doing a basic scratch built Fett)
- Cape & loincloth
- Boot covering
- Finish weapons & make holsters
- Finish paint job & weathering

Ordered parts
- Gloves & Ammo belt should be here this week

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Aug 04, 2014, 02:27 PM »
lookin good man.  Maybe those shoulders just look a bit small on you.  I know they work fine, but I think they would look really awesome if you beefed 'em up a bit.

I didn't see a girth belt on your 'to-do' list.  Make sure you add one, in addition to the ammo belt.  They really help to fill the dead space, especially useful for bigger dudes like us.

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Ronan

« Reply #29 on: Aug 04, 2014, 03:12 PM »
Yeah, I might mess with the shoulders.  I'm not 100% happy with them.  Depends on how much else I get done.  I might add that to my upgrade list after I get this approved.  We have a con next month, so trying to get enough done to get approved by then. 

I will think about that girth belt too.  Didn't think about having that and a ammo belt, but might be easy to make and look better.  Here is the ammo belt I ordered.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!