Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ronan's Legacy Armor !!Approved pics on page 6!!

• 107 Replies

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Ronan's Legacy Armor
« Reply #30 on: Aug 06, 2014, 01:02 PM »
Few other things I'm working on
-Adding Cloak/Duster
-Reding my shoulders
-Adding codpiece
-Redoing the bracers

Helmet is resined

First layer of bondo

Girth Belt created, going to dye in brown

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #31 on: Aug 06, 2014, 11:46 PM »
nice work vod. youll be a right proper mando in no time  :D

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #32 on: Aug 12, 2014, 10:31 AM »
Few more things done.

- Sanded and did 2nd layer of Bondo on helmet (no pic)
- Dyed my girth belt brown (no pic)

Redid my shoulders & Added a cod piece

Also bought gloves

Ronan

« Reply #33 on: Aug 14, 2014, 12:17 AM »
Still to do:
- Add a few more straps & velcro
- Replace the ammo belt
- Make holsters
- Add diamond
- Finish helmet
- Make spats
- Make bracers (see below)

Started my bracers.

I also did a test fit.  Ignore the helmet, its only for reference.

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #34 on: Aug 14, 2014, 03:17 PM »
I like those shoulders.

Move up the girth a little.  a lot of bigger guys like to overlap their ab plate with the girth belt or sash.

That's a really popular ammo belt these days.  They didn't offer that tan yet when I got mine.

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Ronan

« Reply #35 on: Aug 14, 2014, 04:23 PM »
I was talking to a buddy today and he pointed that out too.  I never noticed that is how people wear a girth belt.  In the pic I had in like a regular belt.  Going to try that tonight see how it fits.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #36 on: Aug 14, 2014, 10:21 PM »
Cross referencing with earlier pics of where the thighs are sitting, the cod looks to be way too low. Pull it up and then sit the girth and ammo belt over the top of the cod and ab plates. Should also pull the ab plates into you as they seem to be sticking out a little at the bottom at the moment.

Also, most people are photobombed by cats or dogs not little toy cars :P

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Ronan

« Reply #37 on: Aug 15, 2014, 10:41 AM »
Cross referencing with earlier pics of where the thighs are sitting, the cod looks to be way too low. Pull it up and then sit the girth and ammo belt over the top of the cod and ab plates. Should also pull the ab plates into you as they seem to be sticking out a little at the bottom at the moment.

Also, most people are photobombed by cats or dogs not little toy cars :P

I got both, you can see my kitty on the bottom left ;)  Yeah I adjusted the girth belt to put it around the last plate last night.  Looks a lot better.  I have to play with the cod (yes that sounds bad) a bit.  I have it hanging from my belt on my actual pants.  Going to look at other ways to attach it and even make it smaller.

Ronan

« Reply #38 on: Aug 20, 2014, 10:09 AM »
Got a bit of sanding done on my new gauntlets

Picked out a helmet color scheme

Painted my Chest, Arms & legs

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #39 on: Aug 23, 2014, 12:32 AM »
I'm making my best "Obama 'Not bad' face" meme.. lol Nice dirt there vod.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #40 on: Aug 25, 2014, 04:46 AM »
Thats some nice weathering there vod ;) top work..

Your kit is coming together nicely :) you have had some great advice from my vode here ;) Keep going and it will be awesoooooooooooooooome ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ronan

« Reply #41 on: Aug 30, 2014, 02:33 AM »
Here is my test fit.  Going to make a couple changes.  I don't like the wraps around my feet, also I need armor, so I'm just going to use the wraps around my shins.  I'm making spats for the boots.  the rest of the changes are just weathering type stuff.

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #42 on: Aug 30, 2014, 03:16 AM »
It looks to me like your chest and middle ab plate need to be shaped to be a bit more close to your body.  otherwise it pretty good to me, any other angles?

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #43 on: Sep 01, 2014, 04:51 PM »
Looking great! I'm really liking the weathering on these colors.  I concur with Jorad, that middle ab plate is wonky.  I'm pretty sure it's because your lowest ab plate is being held in place by your girth belt and it's bringing that one plate in too tight.  I'd suggest revisiting the shaping of your ab plates and get them to really wrap around you close, that way when your girth belt brings them in, they don't flex out like they did in your pic.  One more thing, make sure you weather your soft goods to match - it'll take your kit to the whole next level.  Great work!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Award for 75 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #44 on: Sep 01, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Great lookin kit there Ronan. I am with the above posts, and I think it is being caused by the girthbelt situation.

I'm sure i'll get a chance to see it in person this week, so we'll take another look at it then. But it does look like your chest/ab plates could be formed a little closer to your actual body.

Keep at it ner'vod, you're dang close now

MMCC: #0310 Vode Of The Skull: #29
O.R.B./327th Elite #024 Elegant Mando's Tea Society: #116

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!