Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Need help with a Medic backpack

• 16 Replies

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
Need help with a Medic backpack
« on: May 15, 2014, 03:51 AM »
I'm creative to an extent, but by what ever deity you pray to, this is driving me crazy. Really need to come up with a backpack for my kit. I'm doing a Medic so I need it to hold stuff that would be to big to go in pouches. It would also need to be able to be pulled of my back with ease. I'd really appreciate some help with this. I'm almost ready to start pulling my hair out.

Cajun

• Strata Vekis - Ne'tra Vhipir Clan's Medic
  • Awards Dr Mando is the award for the best Medic in the Medic Brigade. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions.
Re: Need help with a Medic backpack
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 04:45 AM »
I use a messenger bag with a medic cross on it that hangs over my backside.

Could also look for a clonetrooper/ GM backpack on clonetrooper.net.

For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you...
Yoda

Avidem

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:50 AM »
I was already planning on using a buttpack on my belt.

Wez

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:48 AM »
Hardware store: large size first aid kit in white box, attach some greeblies and should have the red cross already on the top. The plus is already filled.  8)

Avidem

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 02:35 AM »
I'm almost tempted to just build my own out of Sintra.

Winterkill

• MMCC #1027
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 06:18 PM »
I've seen some hardshell packs for cyclists. They have a streamlined shape. If you're looking for a largish pack, an RC pack might work.

Avidem

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 01:45 AM »
I'm gonna sketch something out later tonight. Once I get an idea of what I want I'll look at ways to make it.

Avidem

« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 2014, 03:20 PM »
So I got an Alice frame my uncle and I'm trying to come up with a concept of how to make it look like I've got need gear on it. I'm also wanting to have to where I can take it off and on easily so I'd like to not have to wear a harness

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2014, 06:39 PM »
I have built RC packs and although they are time consuming the result is worth it. However the harnessing system is the most frustrating part of any build. Try looking into some cheap or used backpacks, get something with lots of straps and good padding on the back, you might find some material you can use.

Carter

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 2014, 08:56 AM »
Someone on here (I don't remember where) used Hooks, kinda like an "L" but the the ends bent up and flipped upside down so they went into the notches on the back plate. (Backplate was reenforced in this area) and a seatbelt with buckle attached to the belt to keep tension.  All they had to do to take the pack off was un click the seatbelt and lift up.  Just an Idea. 

M.A.J.I.C. #118

Join The Mercs, Visit exotic places, meet strange people, then kill them.

Avidem

« Reply #10 on: Jul 04, 2014, 04:01 AM »

This is what I want it to look like. My plan is to have a Bacta tank in the middle (hence the blue) with hoses feeding into my right gauntlet and two hoses feeding a direct line into my chest. I plan on making it modular where the side section can be removed to house my medical supplies while the section with the tank will stay put. I figured I'd do quick connect hook ups on the gaunts and the armor that way the lines can be removed easily. Probably going to magnetically mount the whole thing to by back plate and have the removable sections slide in and out.

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Jul 27, 2014, 05:58 PM »
This is what I want it to look like. My plan is to have a Bacta tank in the middle (hence the blue) with hoses feeding into my right gauntlet and two hoses feeding a direct line into my chest. I plan on making it modular where the side section can be removed to house my medical supplies while the section with the tank will stay put. I figured I'd do quick connect hook ups on the gaunts and the armor that way the lines can be removed easily. Probably going to magnetically mount the whole thing to by back plate and have the removable sections slide in and out.

Engenious! I love the idea of a mini bacta tank in lieu of the backpack! Please do this!  Also, if there is a way to make it water tight and fill the visible area with water, that would be fantastic. The weight could be an issue, but if you made the water resovaure just a shallow thickness it shouldn't be too bad.

Hope you don't mind, but I drew up your design with the features you mentioned.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor (North End) 2018-present
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175

Avidem

« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2014, 09:33 PM »
Your sketch is exactly what I had in mind.

Avidem

« Reply #13 on: Aug 05, 2014, 06:12 PM »
So I was at Autozone over the weekend and this caught my eye. I think it would be a good base to start my backpack. With a little bit of modding it should turn out good.

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #14 on: Aug 12, 2014, 06:46 AM »
So I was at Autozone over the weekend and this caught my eye. I think it would be a good base to start my backpack. With a little bit of modding it should turn out good.

That seems like a very solid base to work from, let us know how you get on! :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!