Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Renn Tel jetpack wip

• 53 Replies

Renn

• I thought you were made of sterner stuff?!!
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Renn Tel jetpack wip
« on: May 19, 2014, 02:15 PM »
So I probly jumped the gun a little... dont have much of my kit done. but I love a challenge, and, I want a jetpack. still needs resined and rondo'd. Here's what I have so far. roughly 21 hours of cutting and assembly.         only had 3 pieces left over, 2 that i just couldnt find where they went, and one is the reason the right side cap is shorter than the left.  more to come...

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2015, 10:12 AM by Renn Tel » Logged
MMCC #1116    B.E.A.R.D.S.#101

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Renn's arena jetpack W.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:52 PM »
 :o thats a lot of paper  :o

But its looking cool  8)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:50 PM »
Did you use tape?

Renn

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 11:00 PM »
Did you use tape?
yes, wish i hadn't, some of the parts kind of unavoidable i guess. but going to try glue next build.

:o thats a lot of paper  :o

But its looking cool  8)
thanks vod, that pic doesn't even show all the paper. just happy it is assembled.   :D

**Modified by Jaing for double post.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:58 AM by Jaing Garr » Logged

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 12:15 AM »
yes, wish i hadn't, some of the parts kind of unavoidable i guess. but going to try glue next build.

Glue is the best substance that I have found to use with pep files.

is this your first project?

Renn

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 01:50 AM »
Glue is the best substance that I have found to use with pep files.

is this your first project?
  First with pepakura. used WOF file for my helmet and gauntlet, but going to rebuild the gauntlet. still learning  :D 

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 02:16 AM »
I've found superglue to be the best for pep, it dries fast, and when you apply the resin, it soaks into the paper, making it stronger.

Renn

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 09:43 AM »
I've found superglue to be the best for pep, it dries fast, and when you apply the resin, it soaks into the paper, making it stronger.
    thank you for the helpful advise. next build will be with the glue. now hopefully i dont glue my fingers together lol.  :D

FreemanBanana

• Kebii'tra Tracyn
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 10:56 AM »
I've taped the back side previously with mild success. Super glue is your best bet. Also, looks pretty good. Hopefully you finish it! I see many pep builds go south after the paper assembly.

Renn

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 11:11 AM »
I've taped the back side previously with mild success. Super glue is your best bet. Also, looks pretty good. Hopefully you finish it! I see many pep builds go south after the paper assembly.
i have started the resin. using fiberglass mat to reinforce everything. top is almost done. Looks good so far. trying to restrain myself and work in sections.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 06:56 PM »
I used fiberglass resin and Rondo on the outside of my pep arena pack. The used filler foam on the inside.

Renn

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 08:15 PM »
I used fiberglass resin and Rondo on the outside of my pep arena pack. The used filler foam on the inside.
  It was your jetpack wip that inspired me to build mine. I built a small inner suppor system with foam board, but was thinking of using the foam to fill it. I got the back resin'd today.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 10:40 AM »
  It was your jetpack wip that inspired me to build mine. I built a small inner suppor system with foam board, but was thinking of using the foam to fill it. I got the back resin'd today.

Very cool. Good idea on the inner foam board support.

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2014, 06:44 PM »
Nice to see another pep pack. My z-6 build is at the tipping point of completion. Just careful how much rondo you use. I used probably twice as much as I should have because I wanted it super sturdy and I payed for it in weight.

Renn

« Reply #14 on: Jun 16, 2014, 09:10 PM »
Nice to see another pep pack. My z-6 build is at the tipping point of completion. Just careful how much rondo you use. I used probably twice as much as I should have because I wanted it super sturdy and I payed for it in weight.
  I am ready for rondo, I have kind of put this a side to work on armor, and soft parts hoping to get get back to work on my pack soon.

Renn

« Reply #15 on: Jun 24, 2014, 11:51 PM »
I am trying to get back to finishing this jetpack, have resin applied and sanding done. I think it is turning out decent. be awesome to strap a jetpack to my kit. when I complete my kit.  ;D  that is. dont think the sanding I have done, is done in this picture,

« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2014, 12:17 AM »
Many props and respect, Vod.. I'd never take on something like this.  Good on ya!  Can't wait to see the end result!

DC

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #17 on: Jun 25, 2014, 09:55 AM »
VERY nice job so far! Love it!

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Guy'ikaab

• I am Ghengis Kahn bathed in rainbow sherbert!
« Reply #18 on: Jun 25, 2014, 10:06 PM »
See previous responses.

Bloody awesome work, Vod.

Some say he can jump-start a firespray by headbutting its control panel, and that his favorite pastime is throwing Ewoks into a lake of fire. He's not the Stig, he's the Stig's mandalorian cousin.

Mir'Sheb #022
M.A.J.I.C. #148
Grey Brigade OT guard #050
MA#141
"lenedat de'da, jii kyr'adyc"

Jay Krayt

• Practice makes progress
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Jun 25, 2014, 10:21 PM »
You're doing a great job of this vod!! 8)

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #20 on: Jun 26, 2014, 04:52 AM »
Awesome work Renn. I seriously gotta get started on my gauntlets some time in the next week or so. Hopefully, They'll turn out as good as your jetpack.

Renn

« Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2014, 10:26 AM »
thank you vode, hope to finish soon.  :-\    just have to be in the right mood for a project like this. that dread somthing is going to go wrong after coming so far with it. I have that kind of luck.   
Awesome work Renn. I seriously gotta get started on my gauntlets some time in the next week or so. Hopefully, They'll turn out as good as your jetpack.
  good luck on your gauntlets avidem, be patient and they will turn out great. I gave ones I made , and the helmet I was almost finished with. to my younger brother, who is starting a kit, so I am back to square one on my gauntlets and helmet.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Jun 29, 2014, 02:00 PM »
This is what I use when I pep. It's flexible as opposed to super glue which can be brittle and if you need to open pieces up to adjust them it's also much easier then supper glue. Just another option. ;)

The jet pack is coming along nicely, great job! 8)

Renn

« Reply #23 on: Jun 29, 2014, 04:13 PM »
will have to try that on my next pep build.  super glue is a pain at times. especially when readjusting pieces. being new to building I am up for all options.

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #24 on: Jun 29, 2014, 09:20 PM »
That's the glue I bough for my gauntlets.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!