Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Renn Tel jetpack wip

• 53 Replies

Renn

• I thought you were made of sterner stuff?!!
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Renn's arena jetpack W.I.P.
« Reply #15 on: Jun 24, 2014, 11:51 PM »
I am trying to get back to finishing this jetpack, have resin applied and sanding done. I think it is turning out decent. be awesome to strap a jetpack to my kit. when I complete my kit.  ;D  that is. dont think the sanding I have done, is done in this picture,

MMCC #1116    B.E.A.R.D.S.#101
« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2014, 12:17 AM »
Many props and respect, Vod.. I'd never take on something like this.  Good on ya!  Can't wait to see the end result!

DC

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #17 on: Jun 25, 2014, 09:55 AM »
VERY nice job so far! Love it!

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Guy'ikaab

• I am Ghengis Kahn bathed in rainbow sherbert!
« Reply #18 on: Jun 25, 2014, 10:06 PM »
See previous responses.

Bloody awesome work, Vod.

Some say he can jump-start a firespray by headbutting its control panel, and that his favorite pastime is throwing Ewoks into a lake of fire. He's not the Stig, he's the Stig's mandalorian cousin.

Mir'Sheb #022
M.A.J.I.C. #148
Grey Brigade OT guard #050
MA#141
"lenedat de'da, jii kyr'adyc"

Jay Krayt

• Practice makes progress
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Jun 25, 2014, 10:21 PM »
You're doing a great job of this vod!! 8)

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #20 on: Jun 26, 2014, 04:52 AM »
Awesome work Renn. I seriously gotta get started on my gauntlets some time in the next week or so. Hopefully, They'll turn out as good as your jetpack.

Renn

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2014, 10:26 AM »
thank you vode, hope to finish soon.  :-\    just have to be in the right mood for a project like this. that dread somthing is going to go wrong after coming so far with it. I have that kind of luck.   
Awesome work Renn. I seriously gotta get started on my gauntlets some time in the next week or so. Hopefully, They'll turn out as good as your jetpack.
  good luck on your gauntlets avidem, be patient and they will turn out great. I gave ones I made , and the helmet I was almost finished with. to my younger brother, who is starting a kit, so I am back to square one on my gauntlets and helmet.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Jun 29, 2014, 02:00 PM »
This is what I use when I pep. It's flexible as opposed to super glue which can be brittle and if you need to open pieces up to adjust them it's also much easier then supper glue. Just another option. ;)

The jet pack is coming along nicely, great job! 8)

Renn

« Reply #23 on: Jun 29, 2014, 04:13 PM »
will have to try that on my next pep build.  super glue is a pain at times. especially when readjusting pieces. being new to building I am up for all options.

Avidem

« Reply #24 on: Jun 29, 2014, 09:20 PM »
That's the glue I bough for my gauntlets.

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #25 on: Jun 30, 2014, 07:40 PM »
I found that the tacky glue works well and also hot glue if you have a good gun with a fine nozzle (and you don't mind the occasional burn) both allow you more freedom to play with and adjust parts to your liking.

Renn

« Reply #26 on: Jul 08, 2014, 01:56 AM »
finished the rondo, sanding down a bit for the bondo. now sandpaper will be my friend for a bit.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #27 on: Jul 10, 2014, 01:18 PM »
Looking good!!!! Keep it up

Renn

« Reply #28 on: Jul 10, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Looking good!!!! Keep it up
  thanks Solus, Now that the Rondo is on should not be much longer. 

Avidem

« Reply #29 on: Jul 10, 2014, 05:52 PM »
It's coming along nicely.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!