Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

He doesn't much like me calling him an accessory...

• 9 Replies

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
He doesn't much like me calling him an accessory...
« on: May 19, 2014, 05:08 PM »
Say hello to Slur the Kowakian Monkey-Lizard!  Fidgitt the Rodian has found a decent gig contracting himself out to the Hutts and other unsavory underworld characters.  Because that job requires a fair bit of tech affinity (a skill Fidgitt never much got the hang of) the Hutts have imposed a partnership with Slur, a filthy foul tempered little monster who somehow has managed to become a decent slicer.

Slur will be set to ride on my left shoulder via a system of neodynium magnets.

He started life as the 2013 Star Tours Salacious Crumb doll, but I repainted him extensively to add more depth to his skin, tattooed him, installed some creepy orange eyes, and sewed him a sassy little vest where he holds his lockpicks and slicing tools.  I'm hoping that Fidgitt and Slur will look suitably unsavory... the type of aliens who'd steal your kidneys and give you a wedgie on the way out the door.  ;)

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013
Re: He doesn't much like me calling him an accessory...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:01 PM »
You should battle him against some of the other Swarzy animal fiends around here :)

I'd pay to see that.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 07:38 PM »
Slur am neat!

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Arch

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 07:44 PM »
This is so excellent. I think he's going to look AWESOME on Fidgitt's shoulder!

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 06:22 AM »
He looks so real I can imagine he smells bad! Love it!

IG  -  @mandodrummer1
FB  -  https://www.facebook.com/mandodrummer1
Band stuff IG - @tommyfrenzyrules
Band stuff FB - https://www.facebook.com/tommyfrenzyrules/

Vhett Naast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 09:53 AM »
He is one cool little stinker, love what you did with him!

Where would one get eyeballs like you put on him?  I'd be interested in doing that with my Kowakian monkey-lizard, really adds some authenticity to it.

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 09:53 AM »
He does have that air of "I scamper around looking up the skirts of Twi'lek dancers"

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 10:00 AM »
He does have that air of "I scamper around looking up the skirts of Twi'lek dancers"

HEY!!!!!! Oh, you meant the monkey lizard.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 11:42 AM »
He is one cool little stinker, love what you did with him!

Where would one get eyeballs like you put on him?  I'd be interested in doing that with my Kowakian monkey-lizard, really adds some authenticity to it.

Absolutely!  The eyes really add a ton, so much better than the painted-on ones.  I got mine from this Amazon seller, be sure to get the 12mm, and they have every possible color you could ever want.  :D

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_arts-crafts?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Suncatcher+Craft+Eyes&node=2617941011

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 03:03 PM »
He is awesome ;D I love him

I really want to do one now myself

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!