Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Gear WIP...Update 08/03/2014

• 21 Replies

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Soft Gear WIP
« Reply #15 on: Jun 27, 2014, 12:02 PM »
A bit of a personal preference here, but I like the rivets un-painted. :D

Gloves are looking good, vod.  Your two-piece flight suit seems to fit right, but I'd advise against blousing your pants/ tucking them in to your boots.  When it comes time to throw on armor, it'll cause bunching in areas, and the App Team has a fondness for finding any and all bunching/ sag of flight suits.

Oh, I thought I would have to paint the rivets to be acceptable. If not, I'll leave them and start weathering. Thanks, Vod.

I will definitely leave the cuffs untucked.

Thanks, Vod.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Jun 27, 2014, 07:37 PM »
Oh, I thought I would have to paint the rivets to be acceptable. If not, I'll leave them and start weathering. Thanks, Vod.

I will definitely leave the cuffs untucked.

Thanks, Vod.
Nah, vod.  Echo (my first armor) had unpainted rivets.  It gives it a certain industrial look that I really like.  It's a personal preference thing, largely.

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Jun 27, 2014, 08:32 PM »
Nah, vod.  Echo (my first armor) had unpainted rivets.  It gives it a certain industrial look that I really like.  It's a personal preference thing, largely.

Perfect.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #18 on: Jun 28, 2014, 02:13 AM »
One step closer.

I could not be happier with how these turn out. My gloves are done.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fenrir Kyramud

Re: Soft Gear WIP...Update w/Pics
« Reply #19 on: Jul 03, 2014, 10:45 PM »
And the vest is DONE! Once the shoulder bells are finished, they'll add weight to the should flaps keep them down.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fenrir Kyramud

Re: Soft Gear WIP...Update 08/03/2014
« Reply #20 on: Aug 03, 2014, 06:06 PM »
Bought 6 of these Mosin Nagant ammo pouches.

They're all the same color for the most part. Looks like some of the straps have been replaced. But a quick dye job and they're more uniform.

Whole belt:

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Soft Gear WIP...Update 08/03/2014
« Reply #21 on: Aug 25, 2014, 05:46 AM »
Nice stuff vod ;)

the Glove look great ;) and those pouches are cool  :rolleyes: but then i would say that  :laugh:

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!