Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vest scratch build *gulp*

• 1 Replies

Manoof

Vest scratch build *gulp*
« on: Jun 18, 2014, 08:50 PM »
Hey all, we had a troop over the last weekend and I've been remotivated to keep going with my mando. To that end I want to make a vest - I had a friend give me some leather he stripped from a couch that was thrown out and is exactly the sort of thing I'd like.

Problem is I have no idea where to start :/ lol

Some info on the leather, It's thin (about 3-5 mm) roughly 1.5m x 2.5m. There are seams running across the width with pieces stitched together, I can probably get a photo up in the next week (internet connectivity is sporadic at best).

I can't find any patterns and have no idea what i need to stitch it, someone mentioned an industrial sewing machine but then i'll start paying for it...

Thanks for any advice! :D

ScottTrb

• Buisness is personal
Re: Vest scratch build *gulp*
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2014, 05:31 AM »
 I have used ouch leather and a reg sowing machine will work just set it so it's not tight. As for a pattern, take an old t-shirt that fits like what you want. Cut up the sides, open it up trim the sleeves a little. Lay it out on the back side of your leather and trace. When you cut, cut a half to one inch outside your lines to allow sowing. Remember sow it inside out. Basic easy vest.. I'll post mine soon.

" Stop waving that fancy glow stick around. Don't you know what I'm wearing?"

If your looking for my facebook page go here. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1142629018

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!