Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My First Kit: Under the Plates

• 31 Replies

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: My First Kit: Under the Plates
« Reply #30 on: Jun 20, 2014, 02:37 PM »
My mother's maiden name was McElhiney and my dad's is Nicholson so I'm not sure if I'm Scottish or Irish or just a mutt.
To be honest with all of the research I have done Irish and Scottish heritages are generally intermingled due to clan migration. If you want to look up your clan tartan google the Tartan Ferret for Scottish Tartans Authority and type in your family name it'll give you either a clan tartan or if Irish should show the county tartan otherwise you can (just because your celtic) jump into a nice komfy kilt and feel the lovely breeze between your knees..... I personally love my kilts and adding a pleated Kama to my kit is an awesome idea... Now if I could spare the cash for one of Saz' Celtic knot buckets it would be an awesome thing at least in my mind I'd be a Celtic commando!

QMU#084

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
Re: My First Kit: Under the Plates
« Reply #31 on: Jun 20, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Try your hand at metalworking. You coule make a Celtic knot with some thick steel wire or even some thinly cut sheet metal.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!