Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Helmet I came across while cleaning

• 5 Replies
Helmet I came across while cleaning
« on: Jun 16, 2014, 09:25 PM »
I came across my old Clone trooper helm that I bought years and years ago.

Was orignally going to do an Arc trooper but my parents tossed out my armor :(

But Now that I am getting funds again I am gonna make it into a more Mando style bucket for my Mando costume

How do I remove the paint that is already there? As what is there looks like the backside of a bantha (I was 18, now 26)

<witty_comment>_LOADING_</witty_comment>

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
Re: Helmet I came across while cleaning
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2014, 05:44 AM »
Wow, cool find. Any concept ideas for it? Best bet would be sandpaper, don't really need to strip all the old paint off, really you could just do scuff then prime and start again.

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2014, 07:34 AM »
Just so you know, it's really hard to modify a clone trooper helmet to the point where it's acceptable as a Mando bucket for acceptance into the Mercs.  Reason being, it's important for anything you do to look 80% Mando, 20% something else, so it's obvious that you're a Mando and not a clone in mando armor for some reason.  I think only one or two people have ever pulled off a successful clone to mando mod, and by the time they got there it would have been easier to have started with the mando and cloned it up than the other way around.  Check with an app team member before you do anything-- I don't want you to chop up a perfectly good clone bucket if you don't need to. 

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2014, 01:48 PM »
Just so you know, it's really hard to modify a clone trooper helmet to the point where it's acceptable as a Mando bucket for acceptance into the Mercs.  Reason being, it's important for anything you do to look 80% Mando, 20% something else, so it's obvious that you're a Mando and not a clone in mando armor for some reason.  I think only one or two people have ever pulled off a successful clone to mando mod, and by the time they got there it would have been easier to have started with the mando and cloned it up than the other way around.  Check with an app team member before you do anything-- I don't want you to chop up a perfectly good clone bucket if you don't need to. 

Was actually thinking about that late last night. Because I suppose just cutting out the front an replacing it to look more mando wouldn't be enough. An with a helmet like that I imagine you wouldn't want to cut it up too much. Maybe grab a mando bucket and add flares to it to give a nod to once being a clone trooper? Style the back so it resembles a clone helmet, as well as the Mohawk on the dome?

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2014, 08:13 AM »
Give it a cool custom paint job and put it on a shelf...don't use it to make a mando helmet though.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2014, 11:47 AM »
We don't allow clone helmets to be used as a base for Mando helmets.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!