Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jorad Werde's "soft parts" WIP

• 41 Replies

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
Re: Jorad Werde's "soft parts" WIP
« Reply #30 on: Aug 31, 2014, 11:27 PM »
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/giorgio+brutini+inside+zip+boot?prodId=294652&activeCats=cat20192,dsw12cat1350002

These, but I do have boot armor that I may or may not use depending on a) how it fits over these, b) how comfortable it is with the boot armor on, c) how I feel that day.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Jorad Werde

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #31 on: Sep 02, 2014, 10:56 PM »
Just submitted my App pics...fingers crossed, hoping to get my kill stripes before this weekend so I can go to Baltimore comicon as an OM.  Here they are.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Jorad Werde

« Reply #32 on: Sep 06, 2014, 09:36 PM »
Today at Baltimore Comicon I did my first troop.  I'm not yet approved, but this was a great opportunity to test out my kit and get the kinks out.  and I did.  I was able to make some minor adjustments to plate spacing so no plates were rubbing against each other and I found that my kit was not as heat stroke inducing as I was afraid it might be (that is to say it wasn't heat stroke inducing at all) and while it wasn't light and airy, I had no real issue trooping for the entire day (about 8 hours) in it.  I got to meet some of the OMs of Kyrimorut clan and quickly felt like one of the group, so thanks guys, it meant a lot.  Can't wait to hear back from the app team either way so I can either celebrate the kill stripes or work to fix what needs fixing. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Jorad Werde

« Reply #33 on: Sep 09, 2014, 05:22 PM »
Just got my "NO" e-mail from the App team, it was kind of expected.  I'll be making fixes over the next week or so and then posting pre-app pics as well as sending them to someone on the app team.  Below are the things they dinged me for.

- Back plate needs to be better shaped, the kinks are taking away for the look of the backplate. The tabs need to be better molded to that of the collar plate. - Already fixed, at least the cutting away of excess material. 
- Your Chin/neck skin is showing.- I see the place they mean, I'll fix it in my next pics
- Thighs are floating away. - Internal elastic probably, we'll see if I can come up with anything else
- Your lower body armor as a whole needs to be tidied up because it looks crowded and does not look fluid.- Some re-spacing at the convention this past weekend fixed this, but I'll make sure it stays fixed before app pics
- Vest and top of flight suit are very baggy.- I can see the arms being a bit baggy, and I'll be adding a Dart to fix that, but I'm not sure about the Vest.  Can anyone else see what they mean?

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #34 on: Sep 09, 2014, 05:57 PM »
- Vest and top of flight suit are very baggy.- I can see the arms being a bit baggy, and I'll be adding a Dart to fix that, but I'm not sure about the Vest.  Can anyone else see what they mean?

Yup.  Particularly in the frontal shot, and the right hand side shot.  best way to fix it is to take in the sides.  It should look smooth...kind of like the way a tux does.

Jorad Werde

« Reply #35 on: Sep 17, 2014, 12:21 PM »
So I've re-taken my app pics to re-submit to the app team after I made the fixes they outlined.  I've sent them to one of the app team and to my clan Ruus'alor for re-view and critique BEFORE sending them to the app team officially.  and of course I'm posting them here as well as in all my other threads. 

- Back plate needs to be better shaped, the kinks are taking away for the look of the backplate. The tabs need to be better molded to that of the collar plate.
- Your Chin/neck skin is showing.
- Thighs are floating away.
- Your lower body armor as a whole needs to be tidied up because it looks crowded and does not look fluid.
- Vest and top of flight suit are very baggy.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Jorad Werde

« Reply #36 on: Sep 21, 2014, 09:19 AM »
Heard Back from Kelan Ord who I asked to look at my re-app pics and he says I should be good to go, but some more opinions can't hurt.  So I'm giving it one more day for comments and stuff from all you lovely people. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Jorad Werde

« Reply #37 on: Sep 24, 2014, 10:54 PM »
I'm just going to leave this here!

So yeah, in the next few days I'm going to be changing some of the formatting of my threads, making a thread list in this thread that links to all my other threads as well as linking to any new threads I start.  Keep your eyes on my General Progress thread for updates on the little upgrades I'm planning on making eventually.  Thanks to everyone who commented, nit picked, and encouraged.  I can't tell you how much I already love this wonderful group of people nor how much it means to me to be accepted into the ranks.  I can't wait to work and troop with as many of you as possible in the future.  I am going to take a step back from the kit for a little while before diving into the upgrades.  I will still be active on the forums, but I think my next project is going to be a mouse droid

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #38 on: Sep 25, 2014, 05:26 AM »
Well done Vod!

Jorad Werde

« Reply #39 on: Oct 29, 2015, 11:19 PM »
So this post officially kicks off the upgrades that will lead to Jorad 3.0; below is a list of planned upgrades and changes I plan to make.

- New Gauntlets- I just got a pair of April Storm's gauntlets printed by a fellow merc and I'm already in love with them.  I spent a few hours tonight assembling the different pieces and making sure everything worked when fit together.  Over the next week I'll sand and (weather permitting) give them at least a base coat. 

- New Boots- I've got a pair of boots in mind, I just have to test fit them with what I have currently, I'll probably also need to make some type of boot cover, be it a plate or a pair of spats I don't know yet

- New armor- I upgraded my back plate a few months ago to 6mm sintra, not it's time for the rest of the armor to follow.

- New Vest- I've been thinking about this a lot, and as much as I like my vest, i don't like my vest.  I put it together in a rushed weekend and while it's treated me well, I'd really like to try and make a better one that's a bit more dynamic.  This is probably going to be the last thing I do, but we'll see.  I'm going to take my time with this one, I want to actually pattern it out ect. 

- New Flight suit- Kind of a misnomer.  I'm thinking a 2 piece flight suit (aka scrubs) since they'll be cheaper than a flight suit, more for those especially hot summer troops so I can switch back and forth between the flight suit and the scrubs.

- I've also got a pair of 3d Printed Westar 35s that I'm going to be playing with over the next few months so stay tuned for that as well.  They most likely won't be added to my kit, but you never know I guess.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Jorad Werde

« Reply #40 on: Feb 09, 2016, 12:04 PM »
So, I guess I havent' updated this thread with the news yet.  I won the Grand Prize from the Fundraiser Drawing last month.  This means I basically have an entirely new kit coming my way between the various winnings.  See my other threads for more detail, but for now an update. 

The Duct Tape Dummy was received and as far as I understand I am the next on the list for Mandalore's armor.  The Kama has been received, and finishing work has begun on the Vibro Blade.

I'm going to do a test run with the Kama this weekend at a Con, but I'm thinking that It may just be something I use as 'formal' attire.  We'll see how it looks on me. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Jorad Werde

« Reply #41 on: Mar 16, 2016, 07:51 PM »
Ok, so long time no update, but here it is.  Today I got my new bucket in the mail from Mandalore, it's the 3rd to last piece of my winnings (still waiting on the armor and the gauntlets).  I also got my vest a few weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to take it out of the bag and look at it until tonight. It fits amazingly and Sidi did a great job!

These are all the pieces that I've gotten so far minus the pistol, I've already handed that off to one of my UMs/My GF who is working on her own kit.

I really like my helmet as it is now, so I think what's going to happen is I'm going to use the new helmet as part of a 2nd kit that I'm going to start working on in the next few weeks.  A friend was kind enough to give me a set of Star Wars Galaxy armor and this helmet (after the dent is filled in and some finishing work is done to it) will be perfect for that. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!