Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bowfanny Soft Parts wip

• 32 Replies

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Bowfanny Soft Parts wip
« Reply #15 on: Oct 08, 2014, 01:06 PM »

Can anyone guess what I am going to do with these in the next few steps? there has been one other person to make something out of these and just so you all know I made the texture myself with crumpled up aluminum foil and my handy dandy clothing iron.  ;D

QMU#084

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #16 on: Oct 09, 2014, 11:41 AM »
Ammo Pouches?

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Oct 09, 2014, 11:58 AM »
Ammo Pouches?
Just pouches, I've not seen a need to reload a laser weapon lol I've not yet cut the pattern for them yet but I will do that in the next day or so with pictures so people can follow along. Thanks for looking!

QMU#084

Bowfanny

« Reply #18 on: Oct 09, 2014, 02:10 PM »

And here is as far as I was able to get before work today. I'll have to attach front of the pouch to the back and flap and give it some more rivets and repainted the edges to match the rest as well as give it a nice black wash for depth and detail!

QMU#084

Bowfanny

« Reply #19 on: Oct 10, 2014, 01:41 AM »

I made a thing.

QMU#084

Bowfanny

« Reply #20 on: Oct 17, 2014, 01:53 AM »

Actually started on making my real leather pouches today. These are as far as I am until the leather dries out the next couple of days. Ill post more soon.

QMU#084

Bowfanny

« Reply #21 on: Oct 20, 2014, 03:18 AM »

So I finished the pouch I started the other day. Hand stitched. Wet moulded and clamped. The next pouches will be different than this one. I like it but I want something a bit wider in the opening. These pictures are before the leather dye had dried completely, I finished them this evening so we will see what they look like in the morning!

QMU#084

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #22 on: Oct 20, 2014, 12:25 PM »
That's gorgeous, vod.  You sure know how to do your soft parts right!

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Bowfanny

« Reply #23 on: Oct 20, 2014, 04:51 PM »
That's gorgeous, vod.  You sure know how to do your soft parts right!
Thanks Vod!
Here are the pouches after they have completely dried and sealed with leather sealer.

I'll be making a new buck to wet mould some pouches with a bigger opening here pretty soon so that I can make two sizes of pouches I've got enough leather to keep me quite happily in craft mode for some time now. I purchased two whole sides that are between 15 to 19 square feet each so I can make myself quite a bit of accessories for my kit. I'll update more as I start and finish more of them.

QMU#084

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Oct 21, 2014, 11:26 PM »
Those pouches are looking NICE vod. :)

You've definitely been doing some quality work so far, keep up the pace. :)

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #25 on: Nov 02, 2014, 02:31 PM »
awesome stuff vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #26 on: Nov 02, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Those pouches are sick, they look great vod! And i really like the new vest. Is your neck seal still duck cloth? How does it feel? I have some left over canvas from when i made my vest, but was worried it would be to rough or stifling.

Bowfanny

« Reply #27 on: Nov 02, 2014, 07:48 PM »
Those pouches are sick, they look great vod! And i really like the new vest. Is your neck seal still duck cloth? How does it feel? I have some left over canvas from when i made my vest, but was worried it would be to rough or stifling.

The neck seal in canvas isn't bad as long as it's not tight on your neck. And thanks for the compliment on the pouches. There's soon to be more here shortly lol

QMU#084

Bowfanny

« Reply #28 on: Nov 06, 2014, 09:03 PM »
Hey everyone can we guess what these are for?

They are my belt pouches if you didn't already guess! I have room on the side of leather for one more pouch and then I'll have five pouches total to sew together this weekend and then my belt will be closer to finished from it's relatively blank state right now. I've got plans for two larger pouches to accompany the five at least as long as my belt is big enough to accommodate them and my weapons holster! If not I'll be making a leg pouch that straps over my left thigh plate.

QMU#084

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months EnviroOps
« Reply #29 on: Nov 06, 2014, 09:32 PM »
Nice work!

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!