Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Lightsaber trophies hilts

• 9 Replies

Bilko1996

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2017 Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Lightsaber trophies hilts
« on: Jun 22, 2016, 09:49 PM »
I was wondering how to mod a light saber to make it into a trophy, I recently bought this from Walmart and it doesn't have any screw holes to remove, so that I could mod, how can I do it

Cody William Sherrill
OM#1751
Kain Riktulus

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Lightsaber trophies hilts
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2016, 09:50 PM »
I believe the general consensus is that toy lightsaber hilts are too large/inaccurate to be used as trophys

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2016, 10:29 PM »
I agree with Briks, Hasbro lightsabers are a bit too large.  Also, they're all recognizable hilts of specific characters which (I believe) is "against the rules".  I kinda think the time and energy it would take to mod it enough to be "usable" would better be spent scratch building your own custom hilt.  You might be able to use that for pieces and part though.  Just my two cents

Bilko1996

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2017 Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2016, 10:32 PM »
What about for making a gun?

Cody William Sherrill
OM#1751
Kain Riktulus

Briks

• War Wolf
« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2016, 10:41 PM »
I mean...I guess you can use it for a gun? You'd have to do a lot of modding for it not to look like an oversized lightsaber stuck on the end of a stock with a trigger. You could maybe saw it in half and use the two different cylinders for a muzzle and a com device  or something.

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2016, 01:52 AM »
If cleverly disguised and integrated, parts from Hasbro lightsabers can function as great barrel extensions and greeblies for blasters.  Make sure to chop it up and only use singular sections, and not the whole lightsaber itself.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2016, 10:52 AM »
A gun?  Hmmm, interesting idea.  I'm not sure exactly how, but I'm sure it could work (pieces of it at least).

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2016, 01:48 PM »
If i may give me two cents, if the whole is to large to use what if it was only part of the hilt? Like say most of it was blown/burned off?

Failure is never an option. You call it version 1 instead and when all else fails blame Jar Jar

Briks

• War Wolf
« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2016, 06:57 PM »
If i may give me two cents, if the whole is to large to use what if it was only part of the hilt? Like say most of it was blown/burned off?

The problem with just part of the hilt would be that it looks like a piece of scrap tube, if you look at examples that force hunter brigade members carry, they're full sabers, but chunks are taken out of them, especially where the crystal chamber is held. The key being full sabers are recognizable, while just a piece of a saber is not.

« Reply #9 on: Jun 26, 2016, 12:43 PM »
The problem with just part of the hilt would be that it looks like a piece of scrap tube, if you look at examples that force hunter brigade members carry, they're full sabers, but chunks are taken out of them, especially where the crystal chamber is held. The key being full sabers are recognizable, while just a piece of a saber is not.

I don't know, i think pieces may be able to work as trophies.  I agree they probably wouldn't be easily recognizable as saber pieces (at least not to the general public), but that may not be a totally bad thing.  To me, the wookie pelt/braids aren't immediately identifiable as wookie scalps, they just look like braids/hair.  (Let's be honest, how many people out there saw Fett their first time and said "Ah, those are wookie scalps hanging off his shoulder!"  When I first actually noticed them I vaguely remember thinking they were some kind of military decoration, like the blue army infantry braid)  Are the braids human, animal, etc?  I think it makes the character a bit more interesting.  You ask a question what the story is behind that piece/trophy versus just already knowing.  The issue I see someone easily running into looking like a tinkerer or junk dealer with lots of seemingly random pieces of "junk" hanging of your belt.  It could look cool or it could look odd.  Only one way to find out.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!