Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Wookiee-lorians?

• 8 Replies

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Wookiee-lorians?
« on: Jul 04, 2014, 10:06 AM »
I am hoping to make my next kit a Wookiee Mando, and am curious: would fake Grizzly fur work?

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Wookiee-lorians?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2014, 10:42 AM »
Nope.

Pretty sure our app team wouldn't accept anything less than full Wookiee fur that folks who do Wookiee costumes in the Rebel Legion use. That involves a LOT of work, but the end result is incredible. There's a couple other builds going on at present, have a look and see what they're doing.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2015, 12:40 AM »
You should google Mongolian faux fur.

"It makes me happy that I make you nervous...that tells me you aren't stupid."

Armor:

Helmet:

Techblade a.k.a Dral Tracinya : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111300.0

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2015, 01:58 AM »
Thanks, I'll have to see what comes up. ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2015, 06:57 AM »
both of the approved Wookieelorians used a base Wookiee costume that was either RL approved or in the process of RL approval.  Pretty sure they were both approved around the time of C7

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2015, 03:49 PM »
Wookiee Workshop is a great group for making Wookiee (see what I did there).  Also, the Rebel Legion works, too.  However, the Workshop are the Wooks you see in Star Wars Weekends parades.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 2015, 04:02 PM »
Cool, thanks for the info. :D

My clan has the first approved Wookiee, so I can ask her for advice, too.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 09:43 PM »
I'm on the Wookiee trail too!   :D 

My question is pauldrons.  I'd like a Kachirho symbol on one pauldron, would this be acceptable?  Should it be a regular Mando pauldron or could it be a Wookiee style pauldron?

Arminius

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2023, 10:55 PM »
I'm on the Wookiee trail too!   :D 

My question is pauldrons.  I'd like a Kachirho symbol on one pauldron, would this be acceptable?  Should it be a regular Mando pauldron or could it be a Wookiee style pauldron?

You should probably ask this the Armor Concepts or Mandalorian Q&A sections. Posting in older and inactive threads, while not forbidden, is generally frowned upon.

The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!