Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Legacy Transition bucket bucket Phase 2 (warning - image heavy)

• 9 Replies

Corvas Ta'niyr

• Sushir at taor be simir
  • Awards 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Most invasions trooped in 2017 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions.
Evening one and all.

So about this time last year I started working on my helmet with the assistance of the fine vode of Seron Clan.  We kicked around some ideas and I had scored some 5 gal paint buckets from a local construction site (good thing I got 5 of them) and a skateboard helmet at the local flea market for $3.

Using the tutorials listed here - I cut out the bottom and the top ring and then split the cylinder.and started attaching said sheet of bucket to the helmet (see below)

(Aramys and I trying to piece it together)

(Me wishing I had a third hand)

(In any project - no matter how simple or intense - it's always good to have a sense of humor.  That's Aramys [wearing the "bucket"] and I throwing sigils - Mando Mercs Baby!)

Since I really didn't have a solid plan/idea - I screwed up the first attempt and took it back to square one.  I also had to set it aside for a while just to mull some things over and how I wanted to proceed.

I have some early legacy plates that I inherited at my first AP last year (Thanks Drago!) so I wanted to continue with the legacy theme and go with a Legacy helmet as well.

Time passes and I decide to move forward with the Bucket V2.  This time I grabbed the large Boba Fett pattern and figured I could modify the pattern to be more in keeping with the Legacy helmet.

So once again - using one of the remaining 5 gal paint bucket - cut off the top ring and the bottom using a utility knife.  Split the cylinder and started laying the sheet of plastic on the helmet making sure that the seam was in the back of the helmet.  I used metal screws to hold everything together while I marked the overlap and trimmed to fit.

Then I went to the patterns.  Printed them off and cut out the inner surface and the 'mandible' and modifying it so that it has more of the Legacy look and transferred everything to the plastic sheet.

Once I had the skirting cut out I permanently attached it to the side of the helmet using pop rivets.

I did the same thing with the mandibles and in the images below - it is currently being held in place with duck tape so that I can mark where to remove the cheeks and the visor.

For the ear caps - I used a pair of old track lighting aluminum ballasts because they look really kinda cool looking.  I have one up a bit higher than the other just to see what aesthetically looks better.

[img]https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10537428_10202621426672936_3459835618232394257_n.jpg /img]

Once I have the visor cut out - I will have a better idea of how much padding is going to be needed but that is where the project stands as of this evening (5 July).

What I have in mind for a paint scheme is mostly black with white mandibles and a white dome which is going to have a stylized raven on it.  I got the idea from a dream sequence in an origin story I just finished for my persona.

The next major step on this will be to get some bondo to smooth things out a bit and strengthen it up and then paint which may not happen until the end of this month when I take some time off from work for my birthday.

I'll post more as things are completed.

Marsh

Sushir at ashi- o' at katahre bal kathtare- val mr ganar etie gehat'ik at rejorhaa'ir - Listen to others - even the dull and ignorant - They too have their story to tell.

G.O.M.O.L # 004
MiB #003
GBOT #013

Vol Dem-Orton

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
This looks awesome so far! Very creative approach, I must have missed this tutorial for this kind of build......now I want to go make one like this too :)

Aramys Strael

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
I like the direction this build is heading. I'd say you are off to an even better start than from last year!

Bill Kohlleppel
250th Mandalorian Merc Member
MAJIC operative #009
MAAM #001
ORB ORS009
Ewok Relocation Agent #002
HORSEMAN: PESTILENCE
Kote at ner aliit, kote at an ner vode!

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
I dig it! Solid start.

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Very cool! Love it!  :o

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Corvas Ta'niyr

• Sushir at taor be simir
  • Awards 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Most invasions trooped in 2017 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions.
So I re-discovered the MandoMaker 3 flash application and did some toying around with some designs.  One of the benefits of having 2 systems with different graphics programs allows me to do cool stuff like this:

and this:

and this:

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Marsh

Sushir at ashi- o' at katahre bal kathtare- val mr ganar etie gehat'ik at rejorhaa'ir - Listen to others - even the dull and ignorant - They too have their story to tell.

G.O.M.O.L # 004
MiB #003
GBOT #013

Tusken Waiter

• Heavy Class Mando | Race-Tusken Raider | kills-284
That's awesome ;D

Im a Heavy Class Mandalorina by the name of Davun Ijod. I was born Tusken Raider, turned into a Rogue Bounty Hunter. Was adopted by a Mandalorian couple after they stole a prisoner shuttle craft carrying several types of species of of people. I am now the shadow that tends to follow. Now give me my credits 
GIFSoup[/URL

Tenoth

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Off to a great start!

V.o.t.s. #12

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
I'd say its a toss up between first and second design

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration

My vote definitely goes for the raptor (of the avian variety) design!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!