Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Renn Tel's soft parts W.I.P.

• 29 Replies

Renn

• I thought you were made of sterner stuff?!!
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Renn Tel's soft parts W.I.P.
« on: Jul 06, 2014, 11:46 PM »
up first on my wip is the vest this was the most intimidating. Learned alot and see what I can do different next build. I haven't had a helping hand with pictures of me wearing It. I still have to attach the shoulder bells, and stitch the hems. Based on Jango's vest, mixed with Boba shoulder bells. Used deer skin. still trying to figure out neck seal. Want to base it on Boba's. Sewing skill still being developed.  The vest sits better on me than theduck tape form,

« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2015, 06:36 PM by Renn Tel » Logged
MMCC #1116    B.E.A.R.D.S.#101

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: soft parts W.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2014, 06:10 AM »
Looks nice so far Vod keep up the progress!

QMU#084

Renn

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2014, 10:54 AM »
Thanks vod, this was my biggest stress. Didn't want to buy a vest. And had no clue how to do so just dove in and pretty satisfied

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2014, 01:13 PM »
It looks good. I myself am pretty handy with one of my four sewing machines. They are my expensive habit that I picked up when I decided to quit smoking five years ago. I look forward to your progress!

QMU#084

Renn

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2014, 06:59 PM »
I just recently bought a sewing machine just have to learn to use it properly. I am used to a sewing al. knife sheaths, bow quivers.  clothing is whole new experience..

Renn

« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2014, 06:27 PM »
found these,they are SOG tactical gloves. I want to add an armor plate to the top. and weather them down pretty decent.   

Renn

« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2014, 10:15 PM »
been putting this off for a bit mostly because I hate sewing.  :laugh:  but scratch build test NO.1 hope it works. have only ever experimented with shaping leather but never really anything for a project of any kind. and wouldn't you know it I am out of thread..  :laugh:    I think this will work once I get thread and sew them luckly only making 6 of them

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: soft parts W.I.P. pics added scratch build ammo pouches
« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2014, 05:43 AM »
nice stuff vod ;) keep it up...

That vest looks great

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Renn

« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2014, 08:12 AM »
nice stuff vod ;) keep it up...

That vest looks great
  Thanks Niabi,                 little update on my first pouch.  not the prettiest work I have done. next one will turn out better 

Bowfanny

« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2014, 09:22 AM »
Them pouches are lookin Perdy guud ner vod!

QMU#084

Renn

« Reply #10 on: Aug 25, 2014, 01:02 PM »
Them pouches are lookin Perdy guud ner vod!
  thanks vod,     they are comin along. could have done better, but it was my first time. learned alot of dos and donts.

Bowfanny

« Reply #11 on: Aug 25, 2014, 01:14 PM »
  thanks vod,     they are comin along. could have done better, but it was my first time. learned alot of dos and donts.
Yea leather is a good teacher especially if you don't pre punch your stitch holes... Or you slip with the needle  ;D

QMU#084

Renn

« Reply #12 on: Aug 25, 2014, 03:40 PM »
I love working with leather, just have a lot to learn about it. 

Bowfanny

« Reply #13 on: Aug 25, 2014, 07:11 PM »
I love working with leather, just have a lot to learn about it.
Yea me too but if you have a Tandy Leather factory outlet near you the persons working there are very knowledgable , I'm lucky as I have to leather companies within an hour of me so I bother them with my random questions while I am in their area. I'm a dabbler, I dabble with dabbleable crafts the more the craftier!

QMU#084

Renn

« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2014, 08:29 PM »
Yea me too but if you have a Tandy Leather factory outlet near you the persons working there are very knowledgable , I'm lucky as I have to leather companies within an hour of me so I bother them with my random questions while I am in their area. I'm a dabbler, I dabble with dabbleable crafts the more the craftier!
   I get mine from an Amish leather dealer/saddle maker about an hour away, he sells raw leather by the sheet. He told me he wouldn't mind sharing knowledge, but he hasn't been there last few times I've been. And his wife doesn't like me for whatever reason. I have been nothing but kind and respectful.  :)  I think its cause I'm tattooed and ponytailed.  :laugh:  ....I'm a crafter  :) my hands have built knives, bows, arrows, knapped flint arrow heads.list goes on,  :laugh:  but I am finally building probs, of course first year well few months. it's something I have always wanted to do. just once again have a lot to learn.  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!