Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight suit for bigger people.

• 4 Replies
Flight suit for bigger people.
« on: Jul 07, 2014, 02:10 PM »
I've been racking my brain to figure out what to use for a flight suit. Coveralls won't work because they'd have to be really baggy. Plus if I need to use the facilities I don't want to get completely undressed to do so. Does anyone have an idea on what to use? Also have a question on capes. I plan on a full cape but unsure how to attach where it looks like it's part of the armor. Any help would be appreciated.

Never send a man to do a tanks job.

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
Re: Flight suit for bigger people.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2014, 02:23 PM »
Scrubs are always a good alternative to coveralls or a flightsuit.  The CRLs just say whatever you wear under your vest/armor has to appear to be a single piece, so matching scrubs are great, especially in outdoor summer troops where coveralls can be hot as blazes.

Depending on your body type, whether you go with scrubs or coveralls, you may end up at a tailor's for alterations.  Whatever you wear under your armor and vest should be fitted without being tight, but it shouldn't bunch up, either.

I also wear a full-length cape and I use snaps to attach it to my vest at the collar.  If I decide to go with a backplate only, I have caps that cover up the snaps.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Scrubs are always a good alternative to coveralls or a flightsuit.  The CRLs just say whatever you wear under your vest/armor has to appear to be a single piece, so matching scrubs are great, especially in outdoor summer troops where coveralls can be hot as blazes.

Depending on your body type, whether you go with scrubs or coveralls, you may end up at a tailor's for alterations.  Whatever you wear under your armor and vest should be fitted without being tight, but it shouldn't bunch up, either.

I also wear a full-length cape and I use snaps to attach it to my vest at the collar.  If I decide to go with a backplate only, I have caps that cover up the snaps.
Scrubs don't come in my size. I'm thinking I need something gives a little in fabric for when I sit. If I use coveralls or something close to it the pants will bunch up because I have to have them so baggy or the will rip at the legs the moment I sit down. I'm over 500 lbs so I can't stand or walk for very long without a break.

Never send a man to do a tanks job.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2014, 03:57 PM »
I feel your pain, I am a large guy also
I chose coveralls for my flight suit

http://www.qcsupply.com/clothing/mens/bib-overalls-coveralls/coveralls.html?limit=24&gclid=CjkKEQjwiPWcBRCTj_-Vz8fE3cMBEiQAZIMSUvSgBsR9wPI3GzS9lkHEazAV6wvG5Psnvv9AJT8Y3grw_wcB

They were able to fit me and I think after you strap on the armor and such you won't notice the baggy places

If these don't work for you you might just have to have someone make you a custom suit

Hope this helps

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2014, 04:41 PM »
One of the guys in our Clan did this for sleeve/neck closures but maybe it can be extrapolated out to serve.

Perhaps consider taking your garment to a tailor to have it altered - however - for say the inseam across the groin, or down the sides/underside of sleeves - have the tailor insert a long length of 3" wide elastic (for example black elastic for a black suit) across the entire seam to act as both hem and closure. This way the elastic will help blouse the garment and give you some flexibility for sitting/etc.

I intend to test this myself for my thighs (I usually have to wear a pant size larger for my thighs even though the rest of my legs are proportional) but I don't know how long it'll be before I do "version 2" of my pants.

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!