Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Gen Draltuur *newbie* SV Mando

• 30 Replies

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: WIP Gen Draltuur *newbie* SV Mando
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2015, 11:04 PM »
How have I missed so much progress. The plates all look great, wonky due to tape but size and space look good. I have no clue on sewing things as I would probably end up with a needle through a finger if I attempted that.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #26 on: Dec 22, 2015, 06:59 AM »
As Kavryn said, edging will get rid of the fraying around the armpit and collar. For the main opening, it looks like all it needs is to be unpicked and folded the opposite way. Currently the fraying edge has been folded outwards which leaves it visible. It needs to be folded inwards, and then fold it again so that the fraying edge is completely hidden. Double rolling a hem stops further fraying as the edge cannot get caught on anything and it stops you ending up with a ragged looking edge that's coming apart. I also tend to try and use smaller stitches and use backstitch rather than a running stitch, it makes the sewn line much more secure. Once that's changed over it should be much more invisible when you're looking at it.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Genessa Draltuur

• Mar'eyir shereshoy!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 22, 2015, 03:37 PM »
Thanks Kris! Good to talk to someone who knows a bit about sewing :)
Let me explain a bit more: I took a blue button up shirt and used a sleeve to make a panel that covers the buttons. It's totally in the front :( You can see it if you look for it under my chest diamond and in that area. Should I just throw it out? My vest was the very first thing I made so I had no standards, haha.
It sounds like it may not be approvable because that is in the front, not the back. Just want to make sure before I either attach plates or throw it away that I'm making the right decision ;)

Have a great day! Mar'eyir shereshoy!

Check out and help with my WIP! I need you :)
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94762

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Dec 22, 2015, 05:18 PM »
Welllll you could try putting it on backwards :P but if that doesn't work then yeah, you may wanna make a new one.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Mav runi

• "Judge me by my size, do you?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #29 on: Dec 22, 2015, 06:31 PM »
how is it i just now found your thread???

Looks great, can't wait to see more :D

Mav'runi's WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=43880.0
MMCC - 0765  M5 - #4 EMTS - #096 MLCS#13

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 2015, 09:38 PM »
Given that the shirt seems to fit you well, what I'd do is permanently tack (quick stitch) the front panel closed, then open up the side seams and use the shirt parts as template pieces for a new vest. You'll also be able to add the fastenings at the sides instead of the front or back that way. My first vest (made from an old leather jacket) met the same fate.

Also just looking back over the plate designs, they're all looking pretty good now, with the exception of the knees - might want to just increase the size of them a touch, or add a little bit that goes further round the sides. Really digging the colour scheme though.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!