Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Velleman Mk-171 Voice Changer Kit

• 27 Replies

Reneth Justalari

• Kaysh guur' skraan - "He loves his food."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Velleman Mk-171 Voice Changer Kit
« Reply #15 on: Jul 26, 2014, 12:22 AM »
Sorry for the late posting Vode,

Due to some confusion on Amazons end, they have sent out a second kit to me at no charge. It will be arriving today, which is Saturday the 26th as I'm typing this. I'll post up later today with my findings on the Velleman MK171 kit!

Fingers Crossed!

"No, no, no! This one goes there, that one goes there... Got it?"

MMCC #992 - Firestorm Clan
OM Troops #28

- Elegant Mandos Tea Society - #098
- B.E.A.R.D.S - #71
- IT-Mando Society #9
- QMU Supporter #20

Reneth Justalari

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 2014, 03:18 PM »
Well, thanks to the lovely folks at Fedex, my replacement was apparently "Damaged" and sent back to sender. I'm awaiting the arrival of the second replacement. Estimated ETA is Tomorrow the 29th.

OM Troops #28

- B.E.A.R.D.S - #71
- IT-Mando Society #9
- QMU Supporter #20

Fi-8015

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Aug 18, 2014, 04:08 PM »
I bought this set and it was very easy to build, excellent step by step description and good quality. It does change the voice and you can set different heights of the output voice, but I get almost just sweeping out of the speaker. I hope it was some mistake I did while assembly, if not this set would be quite useless. If someone gets this to work properly I would like to see a demo video or an audio sample.

Helmets for Sale in the Trading Station

electriFi - Mando Electronics English / German

Reneth Justalari

« Reply #18 on: Aug 18, 2014, 04:26 PM »
I bought this set and it was very easy to build, excellent step by step description and good quality. It does change the voice and you can set different heights of the output voice, but I get almost just sweeping out of the speaker. I hope it was some mistake I did while assembly, if not this set would be quite useless. If someone gets this to work properly I would like to see a demo video or an audio sample.

My replacement kit is working. I can see tat the mic is picking up sound however I'm not getting audio out from the device. Any suggestions folks?

OM Troops #28

- B.E.A.R.D.S - #71
- IT-Mando Society #9
- QMU Supporter #20

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Aug 18, 2014, 04:52 PM »
What did you hook the speaker PCB tabs to? Just a basic speaker?

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Reneth Justalari

« Reply #20 on: Aug 18, 2014, 05:04 PM »
What did you hook the speaker PCB tabs to? Just a basic speaker?

I've hooked the leads onto the tabs but still no audio. I'm using a very low draw speaker that should work with the device

OM Troops #28

- B.E.A.R.D.S - #71
- IT-Mando Society #9
- QMU Supporter #20

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #21 on: Aug 19, 2014, 02:05 PM »
Hmm. Maybe go over your solder points and look for a rogue blog causing a possible short? Just guesses now.

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Reneth Justalari

« Reply #22 on: Sep 02, 2014, 06:38 PM »
Figured I'd try and put some life into this thread again. After looking at all the solder points the device is good to go. I believe my issue lies in with the speaker itself. I'm using an 8ohm 0.1 watt speaker. Is it possible that the speaker leads do not provide enough power for the speaker? I'm a newbie with this kind of stuff. 

OM Troops #28

- B.E.A.R.D.S - #71
- IT-Mando Society #9
- QMU Supporter #20

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"

Reneth Justalari

« Reply #24 on: Sep 03, 2014, 04:03 PM »
I'll add this here to see what people think!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nuviz/the-first-head-up-display-for-motorcycle-helmets

The Nuviz seems to be the talk of the Mercs lately. However, this product *To my limited knowledge of what they've stated in their sales pitch* does not include a method of voice amplification.

OM Troops #28

- B.E.A.R.D.S - #71
- IT-Mando Society #9
- QMU Supporter #20

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #25 on: Sep 04, 2014, 04:12 AM »
The Nuviz seems to be the talk of the Mercs lately. However, this product *To my limited knowledge of what they've stated in their sales pitch* does not include a method of voice amplification.

Yes, I think it only has helmet-to-helmet comms. A lovely bit of kit, I wish I had more money...!

« Reply #26 on: Sep 04, 2014, 10:37 PM »
It apparently should be able to support 4 - 32 ohm speakers, or 1.5 watt at 4 ohms, so your speaker should be fine. Have you tried a different speaker to rule out a faulty piece there?

Reneth Justalari

« Reply #27 on: Sep 04, 2014, 10:39 PM »
It apparently should be able to support 4 - 32 ohm speakers, or 1.5 watt at 4 ohms, so your speaker should be fine. Have you tried a different speaker to rule out a faulty piece there?

I haven't had a chance yet to go back to Radioshack and pick up another unit, School has been eating up most of my time during the week :(

OM Troops #28

- B.E.A.R.D.S - #71
- IT-Mando Society #9
- QMU Supporter #20

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!