Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP of Justyn armor test run picture on page 3

• 50 Replies
WIP of Justyn armor test run picture on page 3
« on: Jul 15, 2014, 04:31 PM »
ok so here is my first attempt to put up my WIP trying to figure out the pictures
so forgive me if this does not work Istarted off with K'raam Xrati's Excellent Metal plates

« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2014, 07:31 PM by Justyn Sonnato » Logged
Justyn's first WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79254.0
M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137
EMTS  #107 for the glory of tea
Re: my first kit V 1.2.3
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2014, 04:41 PM »
Next is my Flight Suit surplus Air FOrce mechanic

Next is my SIntra Gaunts

SADNESS my leather Half-Chaps that I have had for years that i wanted to use as my spatz do not even come close to fitting over my flightsuit :(

« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2014, 04:49 PM by justdags009 » Logged
M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137

Chance Meridian

• Proud Member of Clan Raquor'daan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2014, 11:34 PM »
All in all it looks like a great start there and I like the color choices. Cant wait to see more!

Mandalorian Merc #826
MTS (Mando-Tough): #007
V.R.C.A #37

"Shiny"
https://www.facebook.com/CMeridian/
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2014, 04:14 PM »
I dont have the helmet yet but i did do a quick MS paint of what i had in mind for the coloration would love some feed back

M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137

Valo Tonar

• Raquor'daan Clan WarMaster
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: my first kit V 1.2.3 (this will be picture heavy by the end )
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2014, 06:39 PM »
looking Like a great start, Your Well On your way. keep us Posted and if you need any Advice Please Give your Ruusa'lors a Holler (Shev'la and CJfrancess79(Get'al)) They can keep you moving in the right direction and help you spot things that may be an issue for apps before your too far in.

Blackfeather

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2014, 10:46 PM »
yup less flash on pic but so far so good

OM#0832
ERA# 16
MTS #008

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2014, 07:47 AM »
Paintjob on the helmet looks pretty decent, planning on any other details on it? Mando'a letters, kill strips, etc?

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2014, 08:15 AM »
Looks like a desent start vod.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum
« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2014, 08:31 AM »
Paintjob on the helmet looks pretty decent, planning on any other details on it? Mando'a letters, kill strips, etc?

not sure yet but i have been thinking about it once i have the helmet in hand i might get more ideas

I might add a kill strip per event that i attend, i plan to weather the helmet too for letters maybe my name in mando but i am unsure if i want to put  that on the helmet
I just ordered snaps to attach my plates to the soft parts and I am getting mesaured for my vest this afternoon and will be ordering tonight

« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2014, 11:13 AM by justdags009 » Logged
M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137
« Reply #9 on: Jul 18, 2014, 05:20 PM »
Weaponry just a quick post all my weapons will be on here at some point but the others are just a DH-17 and a E-11 but for now is my Custom Merrson Power 5/ DL44

just got my snaps for attaching my plates to my soft parts this will be interesting would love any feed back and advise on how best to mount 

« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2014, 02:26 PM by justdags009 » Logged
M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137
« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2014, 03:23 PM »
just ordered a western cinch to use as my girth belt after i dye it after shipping it was about 13 dollars on amazon if you want the link let me know I would not recommend using this one to ride a horse but for what we do with them it should be just fine.

M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137
« Reply #11 on: Jul 27, 2014, 09:22 AM »
Huzzah my helmet has reached US customs in NY once I get it I can begin to paint it then I that is left is to receive my vest and mount my armor MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA ha......... cough..wheeze... anyway so yeah soon....soon I shall be a genuine Mando 

M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137

Welkin

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #12 on: Jul 29, 2014, 09:23 AM »
That's great kid, now don't get cocky....  :P

Just keep in mind that your helmet will likely require a bit of prep work before slapping that paint on there too.  8)

MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51
« Reply #13 on: Jul 29, 2014, 11:40 AM »
sure hit me with logic and reality....lol it probably will require some prep but i am still very excited.

M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137

Welkin

« Reply #14 on: Jul 29, 2014, 01:43 PM »
I'm just jealous of kits that have tons of progress when mine is mostly at a standstill with random bouts of small things happening.  :P

« Reply #15 on: Jul 29, 2014, 06:00 PM »
I'm just jealous of kits that have tons of progress when mine is mostly at a standstill with random bouts of small things happening.  :P

that was how mine was going for for some time everything just started coming together all at once

quick addon my helmet and girth belt are now both in my state and will be arriving with me soon

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014, 07:48 AM by justdags009 » Logged
M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137

cjfrancese79

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 2014, 08:51 AM »
Looking good Justin.  Just a couple of points...

1.  The metal armor is great for  beating  up and scratching the paint, but dont forget to get it dirty. Also if you use a paint wash using water based paint, the metal will oxodize a little giving it a beaten appearance.
2.  Paint scheme- The yellow and red looks good,  if you plan on that helmet design, think about bringing some of that green into other parts of the armor.  This will help bring it together. 

Ge'tal Aran
Clan Ruus'alor
OM #0882
« Reply #17 on: Jul 30, 2014, 09:22 AM »
was planning on adding it in a couple of spots stll trying to decide the best spots for it although with the green flight suit i may see how it looks before adding more paint to the main armor

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014, 09:34 AM by justdags009 » Logged
M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137

cjfrancese79

« Reply #18 on: Jul 30, 2014, 10:52 AM »
doesn't have to be a lot, just some accent color to tie it all in

Ge'tal Aran
Clan Ruus'alor
OM #0882

Jaelie

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Jul 30, 2014, 10:53 AM »
SADNESS my leather Half-Chaps that I have had for years that i wanted to use as my spatz do not even come close to fitting over my flightsuit :(

Those leather half-chaps.... are they something that could be modified with cutting it up both sides, and adding buckles and straps? Depending on how thin the leather is, you could do it with a sewing machine. If it's super thick, you could punch holes with an awl  and hand stitch it, if you really, REALLY love them and want them in your kit.

official troops 51 | Jaelie WIP | Kuu's Female Legacy Breastplate Tutorial
« Reply #20 on: Jul 30, 2014, 03:17 PM »
not sure if that is possible it is thin leather

M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137

Jaelie

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #21 on: Jul 30, 2014, 04:25 PM »
It is easier to modify if it's thin leather, but I'd have to see them to guess how I'd go about modding it. :)

I used an old leather coat to make my arming vest and gaiters (boot covers), and a suede skirt for my loincloth and Kama. Thin leather is so much easier to mod, since you can use a sewing machine!

official troops 51 | Jaelie WIP | Kuu's Female Legacy Breastplate Tutorial
« Reply #22 on: Jul 30, 2014, 06:01 PM »
 thanks i will post some photos later if i get a chance

M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137
« Reply #23 on: Aug 05, 2014, 01:22 PM »
ok I got my helmet about a week ago and got it painted

i may need to touch up a couple spots that didn't quite come out as planned but over all very happy with my helm

found a cool trick to remove the Toothpaste i used lysol no bleach hydrogen poroxide wipes ad that got it off far easier then proir methods also figure out how to use tooth paste as a masking agent it is som much better then newspaper

Bonus pic of my new kitty

« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2014, 01:26 PM by justdags009 » Logged
M.A.D #52
MAJIC #137

Valo Tonar

• Raquor'daan Clan WarMaster
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: WIP of Justyn advancing towards battle readiness
« Reply #24 on: Aug 07, 2014, 09:46 PM »
The helmet came out Fantastic Man. Can't wait to see this all put together, your making Great Progress.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!