Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Its not an Angel Hat But a Demaun bucket(LOTSOPICS)

• 46 Replies

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
Its not an Angel Hat But a Demaun bucket(LOTSOPICS)
« on: Jul 22, 2014, 09:03 PM »
today marked some of the fun im having with this bucket

i had to sand the cheeks on the inside of the bucket to make it easier to put me nogan in it

applied some bondo to the inside and outside and now letting it dry

Official Merc # 433        M.A.J.I.C  # 050   
 Buffet Brigade #5
helmet wip: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79576.0

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Its not an Angel Hat But a Demaun bucket(LOTSOPICS)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2014, 06:40 PM »
well since its just me in here im going to be adding the fin friday and bondoing it up sat.

heres the base prime

and the basic outline of what the fin is going to look like...im still curious on how to get the the spine to be prominent

Buffet Brigade #5

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2014, 07:06 PM »
If you're not opposed to a bit of work go to the hardware store and find the smallest wooden dowel you can (about 1/4"-3/8").  Cut it to length, sand along the length of the dowel so it's flat on one side and then use that.  Or use a product called "Friendly Plastic".  Basically it's a jug of plastic beads that you can head up, mold to the shape you want and then it cools into that shape.  I've never personally used it, but a few of my colleagues have and they love the stuff.  Here's a basic explanation and some instructions.  http://www.theframeworkshop.co.uk/friendly-plastic-instructions.html

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2014, 07:23 PM »
friendly plastic eh...i dont think ive ever heard of that till now ill look into that...i did think of the dowels and also of sintra doing almost that exact thing...if i only had some worbla ha

Buffet Brigade #5

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2014, 11:50 AM »
World or wonder flex was going to be my suggestion. You can get a sample size pretty cheap if memory serves. That should be plenty for what you're wanting to do.

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2014, 03:59 PM »
World or wonder flex was going to be my suggestion. You can get a sample size pretty cheap if memory serves. That should be plenty for what you're wanting to do.

well the more you know...is it strictly online or can i get some in a store...in cali?

Buffet Brigade #5

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2014, 07:14 PM »
well the more you know...is it strictly online or can i get some in a store...in cali?
I honestly have no idea where you could get it. Other than costuming applications I don't know what it could be used for. Maybe Google it lol?

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2014, 07:44 PM »
I honestly have no idea where you could get it. Other than costuming applications I don't know what it could be used for. Maybe Google it lol?

thats about the best answer as any

Buffet Brigade #5

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2014, 07:05 PM »
If you do find anything out I'd like to know.

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2014, 08:50 PM »
If you do find anything out I'd like to know.

i didnt find anything at home depot but i found out a better way to go about it and cheaper..

i did this

and here is some more progress on my upk bucket

Buffet Brigade #5

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2014, 10:28 PM »
Oh man, don't drop it, pack it tightly, or clip it on a door lol!

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2014, 12:34 AM »

as we both know it was built for underwater battle not con doors  :P :laugh:

another update

all the spots where bondo is needed has been filled and i put another coat of primer

Buffet Brigade #5

Jorad Werde

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #12 on: Jul 26, 2014, 02:46 AM »

yeah, it might be a good idea to put a bit of bondo at the seam on both sides of the fin where the fin meets the helmet, just to give it a bit more structure to support it. but it's up to you, it's your bucket.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #13 on: Jul 26, 2014, 03:16 AM »
yeah, it might be a good idea to put a bit of bondo at the seam on both sides of the fin where the fin meets the helmet, just to give it a bit more structure to support it. but it's up to you, it's your bucket.

i was actually thinking about some liquid nails silicone so it can be sandable and paintable ...its less of a hassle than bondo ;D

Buffet Brigade #5

Jorad Werde

« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2014, 10:53 AM »
you can paint and sand bondo, in fact that's one of the things it was designed to have done to it.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #15 on: Jul 26, 2014, 06:21 PM »
you can paint and sand bondo, in fact that's one of the things it was designed to have done to it.

yes,  but getting the right ratio is something i dont want to deal with for only a couple of little spots its really not worth the hassle....

another little update filled the little holes and sanded some spots and another coat of prime

getting ready for some bondo

i think i covered everything that needed it and sanded spots where i needed...there are some spots on the cheek but that was the best that i could get it so in lure of that i am going to playh that in to water corosion weathering.....suggestions and comments would be appreciated ;D 

Buffet Brigade #5

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #16 on: Jul 27, 2014, 05:18 AM »
You're dont giving the Visor a T-Shape?

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #17 on: Jul 27, 2014, 05:26 AM »
You're dont giving the Visor a T-Shape?

no sir i didnt feel like the t-visor was gonna work for the vision of this kit in my head... if that makes sense

Buffet Brigade #5

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Jul 27, 2014, 06:55 AM »
Got it Buddy! Looking forward to finished Product!

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #19 on: Jul 27, 2014, 07:34 PM »
Got it Buddy! Looking forward to finished Product!

i aim to bring pride to your bucket

now i have started the main painting paortion of this helmet  ;D ;D

before tape

after tape

ill show pics of the blue undercoat when i put the 2nd coat on

Buffet Brigade #5

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Jul 27, 2014, 08:53 PM »
That visor cut screams MJOLNIR armor to me...  I recommend going with at least a partial drop, if not the full T-cut.

The fin, on the other hand, is kinda awesome.  I like it. :D

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #21 on: Jul 27, 2014, 10:04 PM »
That visor cut screams MJOLNIR armor to me...  I recommend going with at least a partial drop, if not the full T-cut.

The fin, on the other hand, is kinda awesome.  I like it. :D

haha well im not quite seeing what you are seeing...i see medieval-ness haha

Buffet Brigade #5

Jorad Werde

« Reply #22 on: Jul 27, 2014, 10:12 PM »
how are you planning on fixing the slight deformation of the lower right cheek?

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Ciryc Cuyan

• Manda'Galaar Clan
« Reply #23 on: Jul 27, 2014, 11:08 PM »
how are you planning on fixing the slight deformation of the lower right cheek?

well because its only a slight deformation im not to worried about it im planning on putting a hose on that side any way so its really not a big deal for me

Buffet Brigade #5

Dhagon Varad

• Adam Beck #1243
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #24 on: Jul 28, 2014, 10:20 AM »
It may be small but it is noticeable, even with a hose. I would highly suggest fixing it. It won't be too difficult with a heat gun. Small things like that add up. The helmet is also the focal point of the suit, and will be immediately noticed.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!