Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian cowboy 2.0

• 205 Replies

Russiya

• Live for today forget about tomarrow
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Russiyas WIP
« Reply #15 on: Aug 01, 2014, 08:03 PM »
So the armor is in and fits great due to the masking tape not wanting to hold it looks lopsided but from what I see it is the correct size

« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014, 08:08 PM by Russiya » Logged

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #16 on: Aug 01, 2014, 08:19 PM »
it looks like the chest and stomach plates could use a bit more curve.  Maybe that's just me though. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Russiya

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #17 on: Aug 01, 2014, 08:40 PM »
Yes I was thinking the same thing but mostly just on the ab plate the black shirt does not do the picture justice

Jin'thal Ca'vallas

• "You may test that assumption at your convenience"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #18 on: Aug 01, 2014, 09:00 PM »
rust paint looks awesome.... BUT if it helps Games Workshop paints has some special effects acrylics for this effect. If they are good for my stupid expensive plastic crack toy soldiers surely they are good enough for armor. Typhus Corrosion and Ryza's Rust are the name of the effect paints

Russiya

« Reply #19 on: Aug 01, 2014, 11:32 PM »
I think I will have the rust covered did the "weld" and some dents with a dremel sanded down and primered 1 coat

Jorad Werde

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #20 on: Aug 01, 2014, 11:48 PM »
It looks like braided rope right now, but once it's painted I'm sure it'll look great

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #21 on: Aug 05, 2014, 01:01 PM »
 Chest plates seem a little wide but that could be from them being a bit off because of the tape. Before you mount them or get too heavy into the paint process try to take another pic just to double check the size and alignment. Las thing you want to is to spend days on a kickass paint job only to be told your plates need to be trimmed/shaped.

For paint I like Krylon for it's fast drying time. They also make a "rust" color that I used for my armor. Rustolium is good too but it takes a bit longer to dry.

The weld lines do look kind of braided or stitched. But it's a cool effect and I'm sure it will look really col once it's painted up.

Keep up the progress!!

Russiya

« Reply #22 on: Aug 05, 2014, 10:03 PM »
OK here is a list of recent progress the plates shifted again on the shirt but you can see that with adjusted spacing they are correctly sized .

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Aug 05, 2014, 10:10 PM »
The "weld" looks much better with the paint on. They seem like a good fit but it looks like there is too much space between everything.

Jorad Werde

« Reply #24 on: Aug 06, 2014, 05:57 AM »
The weld does look a lot better, but throw a bit of blue and green streaking around the outside and inside edges of the weld line, it doesn't quite look right yet IMHO

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #25 on: Aug 06, 2014, 06:17 AM »
Very nice work so far! gonna be watchin closely!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Aug 07, 2014, 10:25 AM »
The weld does look a lot better, but throw a bit of blue and green streaking around the outside and inside edges of the weld line, it doesn't quite look right yet IMHO

Agree with all of this.

Everything does look much better. Looking forward to seeing a plate placement picture with the vest.

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #27 on: Aug 07, 2014, 10:47 AM »
That paint is wonderful. Emulate the heat with the blue and that will really set it off. I would've really liked to see that about plate have more of a curve but hopefully with the vest it'll sort itself out. It's looking great overall though, keep it up!

Russiya

« Reply #28 on: Aug 07, 2014, 10:46 PM »
I have a few of the items for my belt planning on getting another mosin pouch

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #29 on: Aug 07, 2014, 10:55 PM »
If you wanna carry the lightsaber hilt, it has to be as a trophy. You're gonna have to make it look REALLY damaged, like cut in half & blown up damaged

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!