Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian cowboy 2.0

• 205 Replies

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Russiyas WIP
« Reply #25 on: Aug 06, 2014, 06:17 AM »
Very nice work so far! gonna be watchin closely!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Aug 07, 2014, 10:25 AM »
The weld does look a lot better, but throw a bit of blue and green streaking around the outside and inside edges of the weld line, it doesn't quite look right yet IMHO

Agree with all of this.

Everything does look much better. Looking forward to seeing a plate placement picture with the vest.

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #27 on: Aug 07, 2014, 10:47 AM »
That paint is wonderful. Emulate the heat with the blue and that will really set it off. I would've really liked to see that about plate have more of a curve but hopefully with the vest it'll sort itself out. It's looking great overall though, keep it up!

Russiya

• Live for today forget about tomarrow
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: Aug 07, 2014, 10:46 PM »
I have a few of the items for my belt planning on getting another mosin pouch

Naasad Tal

• Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #29 on: Aug 07, 2014, 10:55 PM »
If you wanna carry the lightsaber hilt, it has to be as a trophy. You're gonna have to make it look REALLY damaged, like cut in half & blown up damaged

Chris S. OM# 454

Tyno Krast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #30 on: Aug 07, 2014, 11:04 PM »
How do you plan on mounting the plates to the vest? The ab plate really could use a bit more of a curve on the sides. But as Van said once it's mounted to the vest the material will be puled close to the plate and it will be fine.

I'd suggest snaps or bolts for mounting. Velcro might work but because of the ab plate you run the risk of the ab pulling away from the vest and driving you nuts.

Russiya

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #31 on: Aug 08, 2014, 01:01 AM »
If you wanna carry the lightsaber hilt, it has to be as a trophy. You're gonna have to make it look REALLY damaged, like cut in half & blown up damaged
The hilt is already semi weathered and I am actually working on exposed wiring and a lot more char I will post an updated picture as soon as I get that and the weld on my plates painted up. The plates will be mounted with button snaps to make sure they won't be going no where . do you think a little hit with the heat gun will mess the paint up ?

Naasad Tal

« Reply #32 on: Aug 08, 2014, 01:07 AM »
You could get some interesting weathering with a heat gun

Chris S. OM# 454

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #33 on: Aug 08, 2014, 06:13 AM »
You could get some intereting weathering with the heat gun, and if you don't like it you can always repaint.  I would suggest heating from the back of the piece, that will probably damage the paint job much less than coming at it from the front.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #34 on: Aug 08, 2014, 03:56 PM »
Nice paint work ;)

Get those plates Up more vod ;) once they are up higher i reckon the size will be spot on.

get the collar up touching you throat and then space the plates down from there ;)

Nice work vod keep it up   

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Russiya

« Reply #35 on: Aug 10, 2014, 10:26 AM »
OK so I tried the blue but it looked much to cartoon like I mixed some blue and copper and was pleased with the turn out

Renn

• I thought you were made of sterner stuff?!!
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #36 on: Aug 10, 2014, 10:45 AM »
awesome weathering, the weld looks really good   ;D

MMCC #1116    B.E.A.R.D.S.#101

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #37 on: Aug 10, 2014, 12:00 PM »
THAT IS PRETTY.  If I didn't know better I would say it was welded on.  Glad the blue suggestion worked.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #38 on: Aug 10, 2014, 11:40 PM »
That just looks darn good vod :)

Marec Bloodfin

• Mandalore will survive. We always survive.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #39 on: Aug 11, 2014, 02:28 AM »
Awesome weathering, love the way the Mythosaur looks on the chest too.

MMCC #1014
New Deathwatch Order #02
M.A.B.E.L #052
E.M.T.S. #121
B.E.A.R.D.S #083
M.A. #130
M.A.C.K. #06

Tyno Krast

« Reply #40 on: Aug 11, 2014, 01:06 PM »
Heating the plates to get the bend in the ab....move the plates up first as Niabi said and see how it looks. Once the plates are positioned properly and secured to the vest everything might look fine. But have one last look at the plates before securing them to the vest. Measure twice, cut once, so to speak.

If the ab still looks like it might need some bending I'd recommend always heating plates from the inside. This will help prevent unwanted distortion and unplanned weathering. I learned this lesson the hard way  :-[

Russiya

« Reply #41 on: Aug 18, 2014, 11:36 PM »
OK so I am have had some troubles getting together soft parts but had the chance to paint up my shoulder bells what do you think

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #42 on: Aug 19, 2014, 11:13 AM »
Looks good ner vod! Awesome weathering job. Same on those chest plates. Kandosii  8)

Tyno Krast

« Reply #43 on: Aug 19, 2014, 11:09 PM »
I'm digging those shoulders!

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
« Reply #44 on: Aug 23, 2014, 11:42 AM »
The little notch looked like a mess up at first, then I saw that it's part of the shape. I dig it vod,  it's coming together nicely.

Russiya

« Reply #45 on: Aug 23, 2014, 01:09 PM »
Thank you vod they are not your normal shoulder bells they have a really heavy look to them

« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2014, 12:16 AM by Russiya » Logged

Russiya

« Reply #46 on: Aug 24, 2014, 12:20 AM »
Hey there whats that a gaffi stick trophy / wepon?! Because what's better then destroying tuskans with there own weapon

« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2014, 12:50 AM by Russiya » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #47 on: Aug 25, 2014, 06:44 AM »
nice gaffi stick vod ;)

and the shoulders look cool too  8)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Russiya

« Reply #48 on: Apr 27, 2015, 10:45 AM »
Been quite some time but I made up my vest just ran out of snaps for the armor the vest is 100% leather

Naasad Tal

« Reply #49 on: Apr 27, 2015, 11:31 AM »
 Vest is lookin good...I'm worried the chest plates might be a bit too wide though. Looking at the collar (which looks like it works size wise) I'd say take about a half inch off the outside edge of the just the chest plates (leave the ab & collar alone)

Glad to see you working again & we hope to see more progress from you soon!

Chris S. OM# 454

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!