Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Early Crusader WIP [Titusville FL]

• 66 Replies

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Re: Early Crusader WIP [Titusville FL]
« Reply #15 on: Sep 09, 2014, 06:39 AM »
Stunning work so far! I can't wait to see the rest of your pieces! 8)

Clarkkun

• Do, or do not...there is no try!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 19, 2014, 05:54 AM »
My apologies...My computer experienced the blue screen of death, so I haven't posted in a while. I pretty much lost everything, notes, pictures, etc.

Making progress...Started on my chest piece, but want to post some pics before I get too far. Feedback on whether I got the plates sized right would be helpful. Hopefully I will be able to post some more pics soon!

Clarkkun

« Reply #17 on: Sep 23, 2014, 06:20 AM »
Okay, so I keep trying to find a good base for the flight suit requirement of my Early Crusader kit...The more I look, the more I want to use sweat pants and a sweat shirt. BUT, someone say it, "No jeans, t-shirts, SWEAT SUITS, etc. used as flight suits or armor/flak vests."

How "in stone" is that? If I went to a fabric store and bought the same material a sweat shirt is made of and did my own sewing, would that be the same as a sweat suit and not meet the requirements? If I take sweat pants and a sweat shirt and heavily modify them, are they still a sweat suit? It's the elasticity in the material I am liking, and can't seam to find in an "authorized" form that won't cost a bundle...

HELP! can anyone clarify how strict/flexible the CRLs are?

merquise13

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Sep 27, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Okay, so I keep trying to find a good base for the flight suit requirement of my Early Crusader kit...The more I look, the more I want to use sweat pants and a sweat shirt. BUT, someone say it, "No jeans, t-shirts, SWEAT SUITS, etc. used as flight suits or armor/flak vests."

How "in stone" is that? If I went to a fabric store and bought the same material a sweat shirt is made of and did my own sewing, would that be the same as a sweat suit and not meet the requirements? If I take sweat pants and a sweat shirt and heavily modify them, are they still a sweat suit? It's the elasticity in the material I am liking, and can't seam to find in an "authorized" form that won't cost a bundle...

I wanna say that the requirement is to make sure people dont automatically see you and being able to pick out that you're wearing tshirt, jeans, sweatsuit.  For my flight suit, we bought some other material from joannes that had more of a natural look to it, sewed a shirt and pants and then basically sewed the two together and gave it a zipper all up front.

Dha'Kas Novae: Approved Legacy - Demolitions Expert
Riever: Approved Early Crusader - Beast Tamer.

facebook.com/sirnotappearinginthiscosplay

Clarkkun

« Reply #19 on: Oct 14, 2014, 05:57 AM »
Haven't posted in a while...still having computer issues. Have the gauntlets pretty much done. They have the same look and feel as the helmet. Moving on to the shoulder guards. Hopefully will be able to post some pics soon.

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #20 on: Oct 25, 2014, 02:30 PM »
Man that helmet looks cool.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

Clarkkun

« Reply #21 on: Oct 31, 2014, 06:04 AM »
I've been really busy at work the last few weeks, and haven't really done much on my build. This weekend is supposed to be fantastic, so I'm hoping to move a few of my pieces forward. Thanks for all the comments! It's nice to have the support.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #22 on: Nov 02, 2014, 01:53 PM »

sorry for late reply but the CRLs are NOT Flexible.

if you want clarifcation on any thing CRL related then PM your Russ'alor or the App team

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Clarkkun

« Reply #23 on: Nov 06, 2014, 06:02 AM »
No problem, Niabi...I appreciate the feedback! I haven't gotten very much accomplished in the past few weeks, something I hope to rectify this weekend.

Kebii'tra Verda

• Formerly "Jaiden Turr'n"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #24 on: Nov 06, 2014, 07:08 AM »
Dude, if you can make it to the Barge day on the 15th, PLEASE BRING THIS!!! I would LOVE to see it up close!

David.

Facebook page
#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Clarkkun

« Reply #25 on: Nov 11, 2014, 06:25 AM »
Barge Day?

What is it? Where is it? When is it?

Jon

Kebii'tra Verda

• Formerly "Jaiden Turr'n"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault

Facebook page
#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Clarkkun

« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2015, 06:41 PM »
Didn't realize how long it's been since I last posted. Don't know where all my pics went?

In any case, I wasn't happy with the progress of my original EC helmet, so I started on a second EC helmet. It's about 75% completed, but I think it's already better than the first one. Here are some pic...Let me know what you think?

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2016, 09:38 AM by Clarkkun » Logged

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #28 on: Jan 09, 2015, 03:20 PM »
 :o :o :o AWESOME!!! BUT it looks very modern helmet styled.. Maybe add some more boney stuff

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Clarkkun

« Reply #29 on: Apr 26, 2015, 11:32 AM »
Hi all,

I have not posted in a long time, but I am still plugging away at my kit. It is definitely an education as a continue to learn what it takes to scratch-build a high quality costume. I haven't posted any pics...My computer crashed a few months back and I can only access my account from work.

I am struggling with what the difference is between early crusader era and the so-called "beastmaster" character. If anyone could shed some light on this?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!