Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Early Crusader WIP [Titusville FL]

• 66 Replies

Clarkkun

• Do, or do not...there is no try!
Re: Early Crusader WIP [Titusville FL]
« Reply #25 on: Nov 11, 2014, 06:25 AM »
Barge Day?

What is it? Where is it? When is it?

Jon

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Clarkkun

« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2015, 06:41 PM »
Didn't realize how long it's been since I last posted. Don't know where all my pics went?

In any case, I wasn't happy with the progress of my original EC helmet, so I started on a second EC helmet. It's about 75% completed, but I think it's already better than the first one. Here are some pic...Let me know what you think?

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2016, 09:38 AM by Clarkkun » Logged

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #28 on: Jan 09, 2015, 03:20 PM »
 :o :o :o AWESOME!!! BUT it looks very modern helmet styled.. Maybe add some more boney stuff

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Clarkkun

« Reply #29 on: Apr 26, 2015, 11:32 AM »
Hi all,

I have not posted in a long time, but I am still plugging away at my kit. It is definitely an education as a continue to learn what it takes to scratch-build a high quality costume. I haven't posted any pics...My computer crashed a few months back and I can only access my account from work.

I am struggling with what the difference is between early crusader era and the so-called "beastmaster" character. If anyone could shed some light on this?

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #30 on: Apr 30, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Beastmaster is just a profession with the Brigades, it can be applied to any era.

Clarkkun

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Thanks Seugtai...It's making more sense now!

I've just about finished my helmet. This weekend I start on the chest and shoulder armor.

Wish me luck!

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2016, 09:39 AM by Clarkkun » Logged

Clarkkun

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 08:02 PM »
Okay...posting pics does not seem to be working  :(

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2015, 02:56 PM »
Where are you hosting them?

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
Above and Beyond

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2015, 08:04 PM »
Looks like you're trying to link from Facebook. It's much easier to upload them to Photobucket or Imgur and link them from there.

Clarkkun

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 12:44 PM »
Yes, I am linking to a Facebook page. I will the other links...Thanks to both!

JC

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #36 on: Jun 05, 2015, 06:16 AM »
wow love that bucket ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kebii'tra Verda

« Reply #37 on: Jun 06, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Almost inspiring me to make one for myself. If not to wear, then to have for display...

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
Above and Beyond
« Reply #38 on: Jul 08, 2015, 01:10 AM »
That is an awesome helmet, vod!
I'm going to be starting on my EC build soon and you've given me plenty of inspiration with the few pictures that I could see.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Clarkkun

« Reply #39 on: Jul 17, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Thanks for the praise  :D It's hard to keep it all going sometimes...Will be trying to work on some of the soft parts this weekend.

Clarkkun

« Reply #40 on: Sep 15, 2015, 05:59 AM »
Still at it...How's the saying go?  Wait for it...wait for it? Trouble with being a bit of a perfectionist, you're never really happy with the way it turns out...

Kebii'tra Verda

« Reply #41 on: Sep 15, 2015, 08:51 PM »
Yep, it's a blessing and a curse.

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
Above and Beyond

Clarkkun

Re: Early Crusader WIP [Titusville FL] h
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2016, 12:21 PM »
To anyone that is following, I wanted to know that I am still plugging away at my EC kit. Always seem to have trouble with my pics disappearing, but I will try again: Here is the evolution of my highly modified "ripper-style" rifle. As always, any comments or criticisms are welcome.

Final Version:

Not me...my step-son.

Clarkkun

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2016, 12:58 PM »
Here is the evolution of my third (and presumably final) version of my EC helmet...nearly complete:

Almost done (sorry bout the pic quality):

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2016, 02:05 PM »
Your pictures will continue to disappear if you link from fb. they change the urls. Use a photohosting site if you want a static url.

And I like what you've done there.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Clarkkun

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2016, 02:23 PM »
Thanks for the info! Any advice on which photo hosting site to use?

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2016, 02:31 PM »
Helmet is beautiful. 8)

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2016, 02:40 PM »
I use photobucket. It can be a pain at times with slow loading and adverts. But once you've fought to get them uploaded I've never had links disappear on me and the correct links to use are easily accessible.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Clarkkun

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2016, 10:25 AM »
Thanks, and thanks! @Kris, I will check out photobucket so my pics stop going away. @ seugtai you kinda set the mold (no pun intended) for other EC kits to follow...I appreciate the praise!

Clarkkun

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2016, 01:10 PM »
I took Kris Jasra's advice and started a photobucket account. Here is my almost done EC helmet (just to test it all out):

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!